First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait a second...so Ford is actually admitting that some 2022s orders will be rolled over to a 2023...just like I've been saying for the past 4 weeks?

Wow. Would you look at that. That's crazy. You mean that all the other posts and comments me and others have made about this means we aren't fucking liars after all? Ya don't say!
No they are not rolled over. You have to order it again, according to the message.

"
If the order is unable to be scheduled in the 2022 model year the
customer would need to work with their Ford dealer to convert their retail order to a 2023 model
year order when the retail order bank re-opens this summer. "
Well I am wrong, but what exactly does that mean? Do we get a priority over completley new orders?
Sponsored

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a second...so Ford is actually admitting that some 2022s orders will be rolled over to a 2023...just like I've been saying for the past 4 weeks?

Wow. Would you look at that. That's crazy. You mean that all the other posts and comments me and others have made about this means we aren't fucking liars after all? Ya don't say!
We just never trusted your source. Still don't.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4. Dealer Allocation based on Approved Market Basket Formula

This criteria seems to have the highest weight. PLENTY of Lux packages scheduled for non-summer orders hybrid or otherwise. While a large chunk of us with summer orders are stuck with a "constraint" blame when the real issue is allocation.

skueto

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Did you drop the SIBL? I am curious how people are going to react to this new news. Removing things from their orders, holding strong at the risk of it being a 2023, etc.. I know I am sticking with what I ordered. Although my only constrained item is CoPilot.
I did drop the sibl but only because ive known about it being an issue thanks to Tim’s videos. There are several places locally that can provide that service so its not a big loss. I would like to have a truck before next winter so if i need to drop the sibl, so be it.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a reminder that when trying to decipher the importance of each of those suggested items to drop from an order seen in the memo from Ford, this is the latest constraints list with percentages.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ion-rates-for-march-april-as-of-1-28-22.9293/

Commodities / Constraints

Spray-in Bedliner - 47% (56% of current builds)
Cargo Management System - 46% (54% of current builds)
CoPilot 360 - 42% (57% of current builds)
XLT Lux - 15% (29% of current builds)
Lariat Lux - 12% (25% of current builds)
Bed Cover: Soft Cover - 16%
Bed Cover: Hard Tri-fold - 2.5%
Bed Cover: Roll-Up - 3%
Bed Extender - 2%
Bed Mat - 2%

* The percentages mean how many Ford can build with that item / option. Currently for example, Spray-in Bedliner says 47% -- so the maximum Ford will schedule currently will be 47% of builds with this option.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I call BS on this because it says Ford understands our frustration, and Ford hasn't cared yet.
So let me understand ..Ford is asking for those that have an order either drop a constraint or lose your order entirely if it can't be built in 2022. Then you can start over and get somewhere in a new line for a 2023. All the while getting a new price and who knows whats added or deleted from the new model. Somehow that doesn't sound like Ford has anyone at the top that understands anything about their reputation or consideration for existing customers. In the least since they have the finalized list of customers and quantity of specific orders and options I would think a company as large as Ford would have a means to determine how many 2022's they can build including constraints they have on order with scheduled delivery dates. In other words they could be a hellva lot more specific on. where the "real cutoff should be ( at least within 90% accuracy) if they were willing to take the time to do their homework.....heck just run an ERP to get close. Of course it could be as poorly as Ford has handled this mess, they don't have scheduled orders for constraints to use in their ERP run.....

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This is crap. There are many people who ordered their Mavericks with or without add-ons (My Hybrid XL has no add ons except for a drop in bed liner) in June or July who have NO updates on their builds meanwhile many orders placed in August and after have received their trucks. I called Ford yesteord screwed up and priced these vehicles too low and they are hoping the cancelled orders will work their way through to the dealers so they can sell them far above msrp. I know there is a chip shortage and Ford in their greed are sending those chips to finish F150s 250s 350s etc. with a much higher profit for Ford. But to disregard the people that put their $500 (that is not refundable in my case) down in June or July and give them nothing but an email about 3D printed items add ons is nonsense. Nothing as far as a build date after 8-9 months in is a case for a class action lawsuit in the making.
I mentioned to the Ford worker on the phone that the the least Ford can do for those of us who are more than likely not going to receive their trucks before the one year anniversary of our orders should NOT be charged the transportation charges that are added to the cost of the vehicles. She agreed that, that would be appropriate but she had no solution for me where to start my quest for this reduction of cost.
It was intimated that these trucks were going to arrive in the Fall of 2021 (it was in their advertising) and they knew it was a lie especially as it came to Hybrid trucks.
I would appreciate other opinions on this matter.
Ford screwed up and priced these vehicles too low

case for a class action lawsuit in the making.

It was intimated that these trucks were going to arrive in the Fall of 2021
Opinion, as asked for:

1. Priced too low? What the living h@#$?

2. Lawsuit? Right, get the prospective buyers 10 bucks each and the lawyers 30 million (and Ford would have to price it higher! Brilliant!)

3. The did start arriving in the fall, or that's a lie and all the ones out there are just disguised Rangers!

4. They didn't land on the moon! (Oh, that's a conspiracy theory for another forum!)

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So am I correct in assuming that if my order was for a hybrid back in JUNE AND I have both the XLT Luxury package AND Ford Co-Pilot 360 then i don't technically have a combo that is constrained enough to exist in the list of suggested changes to existing, unscheduled orders, OTHER than the fact that it is a hybrid and those are the last out of the gate? Should I convert to a 2023 ANYWAY? Can I at this point?
I'm waiting for them to convert me to a MY23. I'd be worried about the pricing if I elected to switch rather than was required to switch.

Sponsored

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
So ... if my order is one of the ones they are unable to complete ... has anyone heard any rumors of any other hybrid or EV compact pickups coming in the 2023 model year? Or will the Maverick still be the only option?

pat----

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So am I correct in assuming that if my order was for a hybrid back in JUNE AND I have both the XLT Luxury package AND Ford Co-Pilot 360 then i don't technically have a combo that is constrained enough to exist in the list of suggested changes to existing, unscheduled orders, OTHER than the fact that it is a hybrid and those are the last out of the gate? Should I convert to a 2023 ANYWAY? Can I at this point?
I'm a June ordered too and the only constraint I ever had was the spray in bed liner that I got rid of back in mid December and I've still never been scheduled. If you ordered from a large dealership, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you get a 2022 Maverick. If it was from a small dealership...less than 10% at this point. Plenty of us have already been told it's not happening no matter what options you have.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
So for those with the First Edition package...we just wait....we remove nothing! The First Edition cult club will get what we want! <insert evil laugh>/QUOTE]

You got that right, First Edition Cult has a nice ring to it.

rockn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford

Get ready for my 2023 order. I want to be the first one, I will come and pick it up and drive it back home to Alabama.

Thank you!

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if I drop my spray-in bed liner from my Lariat Lux package, is Ford going to drop my price as well? Also, what is the Cargo Management system it describes? I could probably drop that too if it helps.
You can’t do that. You would have to drop the Lux.
Sponsored