First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just heard @fordvideoguy (Tim Bartz) says that there is some truth about the Hybrid, Co-Pilot 360 and Luxury Package/SIBL delays. View the video below and take a listen, he busted a lot of myths.

It's not that everyone who has these items in their order are moved to MY '23. Or that they definitely will not get built this year. Or production of these have stopped for the remainder of the model year. That is inaccurate.

But what is accurate is that they are now forecasting that now that the order books are closed and they know exactly how many units they have left to build in the '22 Model Year, they now are forecasting they will not have enough parts/components/microships for all the Co-Pilot 360 ordered units, the Luxury Package units and Spray-in Bedliners for every single person who ordered (and such equipped Hybrids as a result). But by the end of production for the '22 MY, they will have enough for most. But many of them may get pushed further out in this year's production as they will be building less of them along the way due to the constraints.

Production of Co-Pilot 360, Hybrids, Luxury Packages and Spray-In Bedliners continue. The production is still happening. But not everyone is going to get them, though. There will be some late purchasers who may end up having to drop these to stay in the '22 Model Year. He went through all the Long McArthur orders scheduled, showing that there are still Hybrid and Luxury Packages being produced this month. Production has not stopped, as some dealers/members have reported. But the constraints are real. He said especially ones with more semi conductor chips (Luxury Package components, like heated steering/seats/tech items, etc.). Hybrids also have more chips and affected too. Ford confirmed to him that they are experiencing Maverick chip shortages.

Dealers are probably calling to encourage some of their buyers to drop these items so their customers can get their units this year. And they make their money this year too. :) And this is probably why we are seeing chatter among members related to dealer calls.

And if some people drop these who do not really want them or were on the fence about them, or not really caring about these items, they will likely build sooner and they may end up having enough for all those who ordered.

Another interesting note is that Tim says you can modify orders, even though the order window is closed. BUT, you shouldn't change Trim levels because it will modify your order date and could put you at the back of the line. You also can't change to Hybrid, of course. You also cannot change if your order is locked by the Region (Priority Code 2) or if you have been scheduled.

WHAT WOULD WE ALL DO WITHOUT TIM?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SEKSy Maverick Man

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have a list of the items in the Lux package?
He specifically mentioned Spray-In Bedliner. EDIT: He also mentioned other constrained items from the Lux Packages are largely microchip related. Electronic components need more chips, like heated steering/heated seats/ACC/Lane Centering/upgraded stereos, etc. Take a listen...

Last edited:

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have a list of the items in the Lux package?
Ford.com build Maverick. It changes whether XLT or Lariat

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hope lots of people drop that lux pack. I'm not dropping mine. Glad I did not select the CoPilot 360.

Also I'm an XLT and they had already dropped the SIBL by the time I ordered so I'm getting a drop-in. Wonder if there is anything else in the XLT lux pack that's constrained.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still doesn't explain why ecoboost with all the extras (lux, 360, etc) are getting scheduled and hybrid not. There is more to this story even Tim doesnt know yet.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still doesn't explain why ecoboost with all the extras (lux, 360, etc) are getting scheduled and hybrid not. There is more to this story even Tim doesnt know yet.
Yes, that's true. Tim doesn't know everything. As they have parts, they are scheduling. There is a month out push of many Hybrid units. There is obviously a Hybrid only constraint that caused this. He just doesn't have that specific information. At the end of the day, he is just a retailer. Not the manufacturer. He has lots of very helpful information, sometimes inside information. He does an amazing job. But he does not have all the info we seek.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hope lots of people drop that lux pack. I'm not dropping mine. Glad I did not select the CoPilot 360.

Also I'm an XLT and they had already dropped the SIBL by the time I ordered so I'm getting a drop-in. Wonder if there is anything else in the XLT lux pack that's constrained.
What I heard him say was semi-conductor shortage, the more your truck needs, the more you may be pushed back.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I heard him say was semi-conductor shortage, the more your truck needs, the more you may be pushed back.
Truth. And also not all chips are equal. There different types. Some of this might be plentiful, but not of that. Tim just said that people who drop items from their build that have microchips (like Luxury Packages) may increase their chances of getting scheduled.

However, not knowing specifically which chips are constrained, it's a shot in the dark.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's all a crap shoot but I would sure be A LOT more worried if I were waiting on a hybrid.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW
My 2c with hybrid delays.

the hybrid system is much much more complex than the standard eco boost.

you have way more semiconductors in there for the translation from mechanical energy into the packs and back again.

for example you need proper battery gauging to know how the cells are being filled and depleted in the pack. If the battery is already full, you donā€™t want to keep filling it (protection chips and management icā€™s) Motor drivers, high voltages chips, mosfets for the power stages,etc

itā€™s essentially a mechanical +mini Ev car in one. (As opposed to just the chips that go with the mechanical system)

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure there is anything new hereā€¦.

We all know about the SIBL production constraint from last fall, which is the main reason it was removed from the XLT Lux.

Note the SIBL is tied into the Lux package, which is also tied into the CP360. Further, it is also known the Lariat with Lux orders significantly exceeded the uptake mix forecast, especially for the hybrid, likely because the hybrid was so much cheaper than the EB AWD to start with. Itā€™s one of the reasons the Lariat Lux received the highest price increase in December.

So maybe itā€™s just the same old SIBL issue, but it shows up on the rumour grapevine as a hybrid/Lux/cp360 issue.

Notwithstanding the above hypothesis, there may still be some electronics related shortages in there. But itā€™s unlikely to be low end commodity stuff like heated seats and wheels, nor are there any unique modules not found on other C2 products (Escape, Bsport) which continue to ship in volume.

No one knows for sure, but Iā€™m sceptical itā€™s anything more than SIBL, various bed accessories, and just sheer order volume.
Sponsored