Sponsored

Dealer had me sign a new order sheet - says everything is the same...but seems off.

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
So...this just seems out of the ordinary to me and I want to send it to the hivemind for thoughts.

I put in my order for my build with my dealership on 08/09 - signed the sheet, gave my DL..whole 9. Never received confirmation from Ford that they got the order but called them to verify and they said it was "still in process".

Fast forward to yesterday and at random, my dealership emails to ask me to sign a new order sheet. The order number is different, the price code is different, but everything else with the build is the same.

I asked why the order number and price code are different and was told that the order number "shifts around like we're seeing with other builds".

I guess my question is...has this happened with anybody else and do order numbers change over time?

Thank you!
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is your priority code on the orders? If 10-19, it is a retail customer order. If it was a higher value on your old build sheet, the incorrectly placed it as a stock order - perhaps they are just trying to correct their mistake without giving you the full details. If that is all it is, shrug - if something else, might want to look for another dealer.

Also, you should receive the Ford confirmation email once the order is placed. Other emails from Ford aren't really working properly, but the initial confirmation has been consistent for anyone with a properly placed order that I have seen or read about. Now, it might take them a few days to 'correct' their error, but if you don't get that email in short order, I might start looking elsewhere.

OP
OP
SweetDemonSara
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Malibu LS
What is your priority code on the orders? If 10-19, it is a retail customer order. If it was a higher value on your old build sheet, the incorrectly placed it as a stock order - perhaps they are just trying to correct their mistake without giving you the full details. If that is all it is, shrug - if something else, might want to look for another dealer.

Also, you should receive the Ford confirmation email once the order is placed. Other emails from Ford aren't really working properly, but the initial confirmation has been consistent for anyone with a properly placed order that I have seen or read about. Now, it might take them a few days to 'correct' their error, but if you don't get that email in short order, I might start looking elsewhere.
The "corrected" one they sent to be signed yesterday had 19 just like the original did but I requested this morning that we up it to 10 given that it has been 2 months since the original order - which they did, thankfully, but the original one was the exact same as the first except for the order number and the price code. I never received confirmation from Ford back in August that my order was received. I did call them to find out what was going on in early September and was told that it was "still in process". And then this as of this morning for a brand new order number...and was told that it is common for the order numbers to change.

I was raised by a mechanic and while I don't often throw that around, my Dad taught me to know when someone is jerking my chain with cars. Thank you for the response! I'm definitely going to start doing some more research on other dealerships.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So...this just seems out of the ordinary to me and I want to send it to the hivemind for thoughts.

I put in my order for my build with my dealership on 08/09 - signed the sheet, gave my DL..whole 9. Never received confirmation from Ford that they got the order but called them to verify and they said it was "still in process".

Fast forward to yesterday and at random, my dealership emails to ask me to sign a new order sheet. The order number is different, the price code is different, but everything else with the build is the same.

I asked why the order number and price code are different and was told that the order number "shifts around like we're seeing with other builds".

I guess my question is...has this happened with anybody else and do order numbers change over time?

Thank you!
I don’t like the sound of that. If it has a different order# it is going to be a different build order from the dealer. So it’s going to be entered as now and will push your build back in the que.

What was the date on the DORA they are asking to sign? Compare that to the original.

Sounds fishy to me.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you!
Seems very odd. I have changed things on my order over the months. Most recently from XL to XLT and my order number and priority (10) have stayed the same with each change.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Sounds like they are using one of your orders as a stock unit
That was exactly what I was thinking. I'd throw the BS flag and ask them to show you in the system the other Order #. If they say they can't then I believe they are using your original order as stock or for someone who is willing to pay more. What I don't understand is the Price Code change. But does the price change in any way from the original to the new?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Price codes definitely represent the price being charged, ie. A-plan, x-plan, z-plan, retail MSRP.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I were you, I would call Ford with the old number, and start asking them some questions....
Excellent idea. Get them involved and see what they say.

Muskyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I was just sent my original copy of my order from 8/2. It shows priority code of 80!!! Can this be changed? Should I cancel and reorder? Here’s a copy-
Ford Maverick Dealer had me sign a new order sheet - says everything is the same...but seems off. 1634605183831

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just sent my original copy of my order from 8/2. It shows priority code of 80!!! Can this be changed? Should I cancel and reorder? Here’s a copy-
1634605183831.jpeg
80 would make it a Stock Dealer order. And yes they can change it to a 10-19.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1634605183831.jpeg
I'd definitely let them know you are a Retail Order and NOT s Stock Order. It needs to be changed to a 10-19. FYI, you cancel or walk away and reorder you start all over again. Make them correct it.