Sponsored

Dealer getting my emails from Ford with Maverick order?

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order has been received by Ford (confirmed by Ford CSS and chat) but I have not received an email from them. For some reason I do not understand, Ford cannot tell me what email was used with my order. Of course, I would like to get the future emails for build date, VIN and ship or delivery date and since I did not get an order confirmation email I thought it was something I should follow up on. Ford CSS suggested I visit my dealer and see if they could confirm my email address and COVP. When I went there and asked to confirm my email and COVP, the salesperson disappeared for about 15 minutes and came back with a printed out email like many others have posted that had my name and my build on it, but not the email page with email addresses on it. The salesperson never really "confirmed" my email address or COVP just said while sharing the printed out email, "well here it is on order, not sure why you are not getting the emails from Ford."

My question is do dealers get copied on emails sent to me by Ford? I hate to say this, as much as I would like to "trust" my dealer, a lifetime of experience tells me otherwise. Could the dealer put in their email address for mine on the order for some nefarious reason like wanting to keep me in the dark so when my vehicle arrives they can sell for a higher price? I hate to have this kind of suspicion about my dealer, I mean they are so nice in person and everything but here I am.

Thanks for your response.
Sponsored

Opium

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I’m in the same situation.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. The dealer gets a copy. If you have a Ford account, make sure you didn't tell them to not email you. It seems Ford honors that request.

Luminin

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fusion Platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Similar situation here, but it’s my fault. I wrote out my full email… but I forgot to put the @gmail.com on the end. I noticed it and went to the dealership and corrected it, but it was a few days after the fact.

What I found a little concerning was that my salesperson said it probably didn’t matter because I probably wouldn’t hear anything from Ford for a few weeks… which didn’t seem right to me?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
This was a huge complaint last year when people ordered. Some dealerships input the customers email so they get updates from Ford and some don't. It sounds like your dealer doesn't input email address for customers.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got an email when my truck went into production...it's not been built and that's still the only email I've gotten :LOL: Per my dealer and Ford customer service, my email address is correct and all the notifications are on...there's no consistency to it at all.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Just in case you have not already done it be sure to check your spam folder.

OP
OP
crunchie_frog

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for your responses. So, I am stuck in a circle. I call Ford CSS, Ford chat, and Ford Customer Relations, and they all say they cannot see any reason why I am not receiving and email. Back to the dealer, and I guess I am being too nice, as he keeps telling me all is in order and I have not pushed to see the "order screen" or anyting.

Checked every email I have received in junk and normal since the day I ordered and nothing. I get emails from Ford asking me how my sales visit went and how my service visits go and my Ford Pass works fine with everything.

Just a dummy here...

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I last saw my dealer's sales manager he spun the computer screen around to show me exactly where I stood, and that my order was scheduled for production. He thought it odd that there was no e-mail. He said Ford always CC's him when they send me one to me. 2 days later I got the e-mail from Ford with my build week.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fleet manager i my dealership is a jerk. He didn’t put my email in the first order last year. I asked the sales guy to have him put it on and when I asked him to tell the guy to add my email he said he could.

Never got one email. Asked the sales guy again and he said the fleet guy said “he could- not that he would”

This year I ordered a 23 slightly different. I made sure they put my email in. The fleet manager is the one that puts the order in. Again he didn’t want to put my email. He said they do that in case the truck gets in and it has a scratch, that way they can fix it before the person that ordered it knows. What a stupid reason, be customer service oriented. He doesn’t have to deal with customers so he doesn’t care about customers. I stayed on him and I am happy to say that I got a confirmation email.

I learned last year that if you don’t have it on at first- even if you call ford and they add it- you will not get the original confirmation email or any email from them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
crunchie_frog

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fleet manager i my dealership is a jerk. He didn’t put my email in the first order last year. I asked the sales guy to have him put it on and when I asked him to tell the guy to add my email he said he could.

Never got one email. Asked the sales guy again and he said the fleet guy said “he could- not that he would”

This year I ordered a 23 slightly different. I made sure they put my email in. The fleet manager is the one that puts the order in. Again he didn’t want to put my email. He said they do that in case the truck gets in and it has a scratch, that way they can fix it before the person that ordered it knows. What a stupid reason, be customer service oriented. He doesn’t have to deal with customers so he doesn’t care about customers. I stayed on him and I am happy to say that I got a confirmation email.

I learned last year that if you don’t have it on at first- even if you call ford and they add it- you will not get the original confirmation email or any email from them.
Sounds right, they do it for a reason, I guess I will just let it be. Two sides to every story. The dealer has a good reputation so I will just trust them along with an occasional chat with Ford to check status.

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was in the same boat. No email, but called Ford and they have it. I went to the dealer and asked them to put in the COPV. Salesman didn't even know what that was. Sales manager put it in, showed me my email and received email from Ford the next day.

LostInSD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazda3, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recieved an email from Ford confirming they recieved my order. But haven't haven't gotten an email since September 2022. I don't have COVP. Should I be concerned?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order has been received by Ford (confirmed by Ford CSS and chat) but I have not received an email from them. For some reason I do not understand, Ford cannot tell me what email was used with my order. Of course, I would like to get the future emails for build date, VIN and ship or delivery date and since I did not get an order confirmation email I thought it was something I should follow up on. Ford CSS suggested I visit my dealer and see if they could confirm my email address and COVP. When I went there and asked to confirm my email and COVP, the salesperson disappeared for about 15 minutes and came back with a printed out email like many others have posted that had my name and my build on it, but not the email page with email addresses on it. The salesperson never really "confirmed" my email address or COVP just said while sharing the printed out email, "well here it is on order, not sure why you are not getting the emails from Ford."

My question is do dealers get copied on emails sent to me by Ford? I hate to say this, as much as I would like to "trust" my dealer, a lifetime of experience tells me otherwise. Could the dealer put in their email address for mine on the order for some nefarious reason like wanting to keep me in the dark so when my vehicle arrives they can sell for a higher price? I hate to have this kind of suspicion about my dealer, I mean they are so nice in person and everything but here I am.

Thanks for your response.
You need to move up the food chain to the General Manger and if that doesn't work move on to the Owner of the Dealership, It shouldn't be cloak-and-dagger to find out if your email address is the one that they have that you're Supposed to be getting your information from Ford
Sponsored