Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yesterday we took delivery of our Lariat hybrid from Sam Pack 5-star Ford in Carrollton. I was pleased with no dealer markups, fees, or add-ons. Also, the price was the original MSRP at the time of order. The salesman I worked with communicated well during the wait, and had assured me there was no markup and that I was price protected.

On the negative side, the finance guy used the higher window sticker price when originally drafting the paperwork. I caught it and he made the change after talking to the salesman. It seemed he genuinely didn't know as opposed to trying to pull a fast one, but the salesman should have let him know.

Another negative was they wouldn't honor loan rates applicable at the time I ordered. I didn't ask my salesman about it well in advance like I did with price protection, so I suspect the finance guy was clueless about it. We're probably going to pay the loan off early, anyway, so ultimately I didn't make a big fuss about it.

Overall I think it went pretty well. My general experience is finance guys have been difficult to deal with at every dealership, regardless of brand.
Sponsored

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! If I may ask, what was the interest rate on the loan?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday we took delivery of our Lariat hybrid from Sam Pack 5-star Ford in Carrollton. I was pleased with no dealer markups, fees, or add-ons. Also, the price was the original MSRP at the time of order. The salesman I worked with communicated well during the wait, and had assured me there was no markup and that I was price protected.

On the negative side, the finance guy used the higher window sticker price when originally drafting the paperwork. I caught it and he made the change after talking to the salesman. It seemed he genuinely didn't know as opposed to trying to pull a fast one, but the salesman should have let him know.

Another negative was they wouldn't honor loan rates applicable at the time I ordered. I didn't ask my salesman about it well in advance like I did with price protection, so I suspect the finance guy was clueless about it. We're probably going to pay the loan off early, anyway, so ultimately I didn't make a big fuss about it.

Overall I think it went pretty well. My general experience is finance guys have been difficult to deal with at every dealership, regardless of brand.
There is no way for anyone else to know the original agreed-upon price by looking it up in Ford's system. So you are exactly, right, the salesman should have let him know.

I don't give them a pass on the loan rates though....it is super easy to find out what the protected incentives are! Just a click of a button to change from "sale date" to "protection date" when checking what incentives are available.

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is no way for anyone else to know the original agreed-upon price by looking it up in Ford's system. So you are exactly, right, the salesman should have let him know.

I don't give them a pass on the loan rates though....it is super easy to find out what the protected incentives are! Just a click of a button to change from "sale date" to "protection date" when checking what incentives are available.
I don't give them a pass on it, which is why I described it as a negative. I'm not familiar enough with the systems they use to know how easy it could have been or whether he obviously should have known. I wasn't motivated enough to argue about it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Loan rates are getting bad. I was going to go with my credit union with an 84 month loan. It was 2.99% last year then went to 3.99 and just checked today and its 5.24.... I don't remember what Fords rates were last year but I think it was lower then what my credit union is offering now..

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Loan rates are getting bad. I was going to go with my credit union with an 84 month loan. It was 2.99% last year then went to 3.99 and just checked today and its 5.24.... I don't remember what Fords rates were last year but I think it was lower then what my credit union is offering now..
I ordered in November
Truck arrived last week
Rates were 36 mo 0%, 48 mo .9% and 60mo at 1.9%

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered in November
Truck arrived last week
That's good. Looks like there is hope whenever my truck comes in..

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local bank wants 5.9 for 72 months currently not sure if it changes much with them. I do remember my CU was significantly then fords as well.
In October, Ford was 3.9 I think for 72.

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered in November
Truck arrived last week
Yeah I've seen others post they got 0% for 36 months, but the finance guy just kept saying rates have come up and would not agree I was entitled to the rates offered when I ordered.

Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's because the only tool the Federal Reserve has to fight inflation, is to raise interest rates, and because rates have been almost zero for over a decade. Not sure I want to go any deeper down that rabbit hole, though.

I've talked to my bank and they can't run the numbers because MY 23 isn't in their system yet, and they've also told me Ford will probably have a better deal.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's because the only tool the Federal Reserve has to fight inflation, is to raise interest rates, and because rates have been almost zero for over a decade. Not sure I want to go any deeper down that rabbit hole, though.

I've talked to my bank and they can't run the numbers because MY 23 isn't in their system yet, and they've also told me Ford will probably have a better deal.
And the Fed is raising rates again as of today another 0.75%..... I was well on my way to having a payment under $300 a month but now probably not. Also noticed my trade in value has dropped by 1k....

08ranger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat, Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered in November
Truck arrived last week
Ordered mine 11/5....no delivery date nor guarantee it will be done this year...I have none of the features they say are "holding up" certain trucks...Maverick/Lariat Hybrid here...

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered mine 11/5....no delivery date nor guarantee it will be done this year...I have none of the features they say are "holding up" certain trucks...Maverick/Lariat Hybrid here...
Well except for the biggest “hold up” being a hybrid

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Yeah I've seen others post they got 0% for 36 months, but the finance guy just kept saying rates have come up and would not agree I was entitled to the rates offered when I ordered.
I used Five Star in North Richland Hills and it was a flawless experience for us. Original MSRP and .9%. Also got the recent Grsduate incentive of $750.
Sponsored