Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kid you not...
I got an email with this stated:
Ford Maverick Dealer asked me to sign a purchase agreement with NO pricing filled out 1631331583952

And this.. is the attached Purchase Agreement:
Ford Maverick Dealer asked me to sign a purchase agreement with NO pricing filled out Untitled

I am hoping this was just an error on their part. If not, this is some really shady stuff to pull. They could put ANYTHING in there after I sign and it would look like I agreed to it. I only signed my DORA, the least they could do is copy over that price. Ugh.

And, this will be the THIRD time I've had to give them a copy of my license, too. I am going by there in the morning. This is just nuts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you haven't given them a deposit maybe call other dealers in the area and ask them if they can take over the order. This dealer sounds like they are being a real problem for you.
Did they ever give you a price other than the Dora?

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell them you aren't agreeing to purchase anything until you drive the dang thing.
I had to cool my head after I got it. Hence why I posted so late. I am lucky in that I have legal insurance and access to free legal advice as part of that. I did put a deposit down.

The advice I was given was to ask if this was in error to give the benefit of the doubt. Humans make mistakes, right? But, if they insist on signature without pricing, then request my deposit back, open a case, and file a complaint with the State AG office.

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you haven't given them a deposit maybe call other dealers in the area and ask them if they can take over the order. This dealer sounds like they are being a real problem for you.
Did they ever give you a price other than the Dora?
Nope, just the DORA.
And it's even more convoluted since I ordered on June 15th. Mine originally included the paint protection film, but that was removed from first editions as an option after that. My order was updated with the removal by Ford, not the dealership. So the price is actually lower than my copy of the DORA shows.

I am going by tomorrow to see if I can sort this out.

Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I had to cool my head after I got it. Hence why I posted so late. I am lucky in that I have legal insurance and access to free legal advice as part of that. I did put a deposit down.

The advice I was given was to ask if this was in error to give the benefit of the doubt. Humans make mistakes, right? But, if they insist on signature without pricing, then request my deposit back, open a case, and file a complaint with the State AG office.
I'm not sure exactly what a complaint could do if nothing actually happened. This is probably just some normal dealer shenanigans of trying to make you feel as obligated as they can before the order arrives. My guess is if you call them out they will back off.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In addition to sketchy dealers, you should be very wary of companies like prepaid legal services dba "legal shield" etc etc.

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In addition to sketchy dealers, you should be very wary of companies like prepaid legal services dba "legal shield" etc etc.
I don't use them. The one I use is a benefit provided by my employer which has served me well over the years. :)

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure exactly what a complaint could do if nothing actually happened. This is probably just some normal dealer shenanigans of trying to make you feel as obligated as they can before the order arrives. My guess is if you call them out they will back off.
The complaint gets it on file they tried to get a signature on an incomplete purchase contract. It takes getting a few of these on file before anything happens. I hope it was either in error or just a mistake, which is why I am going by in the morning to sort it all out.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Both my dealers are a pain....One is days in responding and the other one is an asshole....
If I didn't think Ford would red flag my name or I lose my spot I would try another Ford dealership..
But so far I have a Dora from both stating the price

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Ford Maverick Dealer asked me to sign a purchase agreement with NO pricing filled out 89A041CC-2603-4452-8471-86237EE585BE

I would politely declined to sign that blank agreement in writing and asked them if this was an error, in your email reply.

After they reply, tell them you will sign it, AFTER the vehicle arrives and the final numbers are completed. Again, be polite in your reply.

This could be an error, delibrate, or a trolling attempt because they want your order for a mark up to sell to another buyer.

huntsville_dave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I once went to a dealership with a buddy to each buy a car so we could get a better deal. We wanted to deal on 2 cars at the same time....the dealer says OK.....and hands me a blank purchase agreement form and asked to sign.....I said that's a legal document and no numbers on it...you're crazy......he said " it's just for negotiating purpose". I then pulled out a blank piece of paper and told him to use it...I wasn't signing. 2 minutes later we left the dealership ( GM) and went to Ford...bought 2 cars.

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm really just waiting for all these auto companies to do away with dealerships and move the sales and services back under their direct care. Seems unlikely, but dealers have had a bad reputation since the dawn of time. I've had nasty interactions with two different "local" dealers - the only two dealer times I've tried to work with dealers, for the record. I ended up switching dealerships right before ordering to one in a bigger metro area, 45 minutes away, so at least if THAT place gives me grief I won't have to drive by it every day... It's really too bad you can't coordinate payment and delivery all directly through Ford, especially because for a lot of us who ordered in June/July, we knew as much or more than the dealer anyway - why should we pay extra for them to take our info and enter it into a website? We all had literally already done that. I just fail to see much service being provided by the dealer when you're doing an order directly off the line. At most they're reaching out with updates, but even that is all available through Ford...

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
I'm really just waiting for all these auto companies to do away with dealerships and move the sales and services back under their direct care. Seems unlikely, but dealers have had a bad reputation since the dawn of time. I've had nasty interactions with two different "local" dealers - the only two dealer times I've tried to work with dealers, for the record. I ended up switching dealerships right before ordering to one in a bigger metro area, 45 minutes away, so at least if THAT place gives me grief I won't have to drive by it every day... It's really too bad you can't coordinate payment and delivery all directly through Ford, especially because for a lot of us who ordered in June/July, we knew as much or more than the dealer anyway - why should we pay extra for them to take our info and enter it into a website? We all had literally already done that. I just fail to see much service being provided by the dealer when you're doing an order directly off the line. At most they're reaching out with updates, but even that is all available through Ford...
I wish we could deal directly with the auto companies also instead of dealers. Even the so called "good ones" aren't that great. There is a big one on this site, different location, who made me feel like crap and I refused to ever do business with them again. They're only an hour or so away. I know I shouldn't hold them accountable, as it was a different location under the same name, but still...

OP
OP
UberGadgetFreak

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went by and said "This is what you guys asked me to sign and I have a problem with that." . The salesperson was a bit confused and the 'tower; guy came over, saw it, and said "this needs numbers" before he even knew why I was there. So yeah, it was a mistake on their part. They did apologize, got me a new DORA, coped that pricing over and got it all sorted out. It has me feeling a bit better. Even though this had me a bit torqued, their customer service skills and addressing it were top notch in the end.
Sponsored