bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ed never replied to mine, twice, so I took my business elsewhere. Glad you and your friend were able to get in touch with him.
exactly. What happened to me. He replied once after 2 months and a couple emails to him. All I wanted was a simple 22 quote based on their under invoice deal and he refused to do that.

how can anyone even determine buying a car out of state is worth it without knowing the price? How can anyone know what to order before these small window banks open when I couldn’t even get a price?

I’m sure plenty had great experiences. Just speaking about my own.
Sponsored

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warranty work is free money for the service department, they are crazy not to want it in this market. NOW if they know parts aren't available for this repair and they have no more loaner cars available then MAYBE I could see them justifying not wanting to do the work but still, it's not a good luck when the internet exists and this story is going to spread quickly.
This is likely it. If the poster has a dead hybrid he is probably dealing with the issue that has plagued most of us that own hybrid Mavericks, an incorrect wiring harness running from the underseat battery to the fuse box. Until this is resolved most of us are just using a portable battery pack when we have to kickstart the engine. But the harnesses are not available for the dealers to do the work and the dealership is probably getting others with the same issue that they cannot fix for now.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I'm hoping to get time to drive there and have a face to face with the service dept as my phone calls appeared to go to an overseas call center.
Delco has Sprinfield ford, Robin ford and Murphy. Might be worth calling but I have no experience with any of them. I ordered parts from Bay Shore in delaware.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought from Horston Ford in Philly...very easy to deal with....

Locally I tried to schedule an oil change and another time to get a simple Recall fix - over the internet - it was 4 to 6 weeks out to schedule...

Call via phone - and I was scheduled for the next day. My local dealer puts priority on new vehicle warranty work.

I'd take a few minutes to review what your State's Lemon Law says....but
Ford Corporate should be a priority plan of attack.

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i NEVER HEARD OF THIS. I HAVE HAD MANY FORD PRODUCTS AND NO MATTER WHERE I PURCCHASED THEM OR THE BRAND NAME FORD, MERCUREY OR LINCOLN MY LOCAL FORD DEALER TOOK CARE OF IT. I HAD A INCIDENT WITH A CAR OUTSIDE WARRANTY ON A TRIP THAT THE OEM PUT EXTENDED WARRANTY ON AND A DEALER IN ATLANTA TOOK IT IN TO FIX IT. WE WERE ON OUR WAY TO FLORIDA DUE TO A SERIOUS ILLNESS WITH MY SISTER IN LAW AND WE WERE IN FLORIDA FOR 2 WEEKS . CAME BACK TO THE DEALER PICKED UP THE CAR. I EXPECTED A CHARGE FOR THE RENTAL AT A MINIMUMT TO MY SURPRISE IT WAS ALL ON THE OEM. MY FORD DEALER NEVER REFUSED TO WORK ON MY FORD PRODUCTS IN OR OUT OF WARRANTY NO MATTERWHERE I PURCHASE THEM. CAAL THE FORD REGIONAL OFFICE IN YOUR AREA AND CONTACT FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS SENT TWO SURVEYS FROM FORD AND MY SALESMAN GAVE ME A HEADS UP ON HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS TO HIM ANDTHE DEALERSHIP TO GET A GOOD REVIEW. DID YOU GIVE YOUR DEALER A BAD REVIEW?

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reading these forums often reduces my faith in humanity. First, let me say that I am not arbitrarily defending this dealer. I think this is mostly someone going by the proverbial letter of the law and not the intent, and also being shit communicators. The general public seems to have no idea what automotive service is like currently. There are issues getting good help, like significant issues depending on market. There are also still parts constraints that dealers have to deal with causing massive delays. And in large part because new car availability is down, service departments volumes are quite heavy. If I called a business and they essentially said they did not want my business, I would not be happy, especially if that was the most convenient (and in this case an under warranty product) that I bought there I would not be happy. But I likely wouldn't try that hard to then give them my business. People often leap straight to posting bad reviews! Call Ford! Get a lawyer!! Calm down. This could very likely easily be resolved by walking into the store and asking to speak to the GM and having a respectful conversation. Believe it or not, most managers work hard to retain business even from people that are a pain the the ass (not implying the OP is) When I take appts from people who have no history with me I do my best to accommodate them. But sometimes they might have to wait longer, or not get a loaner for example as we prioritize clients that are repeats due to the volume and availability we have. The idea that the OP's truck hadn't been serviced there is ludicrous, make no mistake. But this is exactly why I say that a conversation with a manager that matters would likely make all of the difference. In general consumers have no patience, and no understanding of the difficulties that businesses experience. When I have a client the appears, or outright shows me that they are the kind of people that want to go straight to bad reviews and/or forums and stir a bunch of shit, they are not clients I want. It's akin to yelling at a server at a restaurant for poor food quality. You are probably dealing with someone doing the best they can under the circumstances and with limited tools. Having a modicum of patients and humility goes a very long way. I know this can be hard with a broken and brand new car. But it goes a long way.

Last edited:

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai, Ford Maverick Area 51 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Delco has Sprinfield ford, Robin ford and Murphy. Might be worth calling but I have no experience with any of them. I ordered parts from Bay Shore in delaware.

Fordman770

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2023 Escape 2008 Shelby GT Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm interested to see how this shakes out, since as far as I know, the new vehicle warranty is from Ford corporate and is legally binding on Ford. The dealerships are just their chosen service network, as it were.

Sponsored

Fordman770

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2023 Escape 2008 Shelby GT Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would go there in person and insist on seeing the General Manager or the Dealer Principal.
This is just crazy (based on 40 years in the Ford business). Creating loyal service customers is the key to repeat business these days. Something is out of whack here

Zezeka

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
Came out Monday morning to a dead truck, a hybrid XLT. I called Chapman Phila (where I bought it) to get the warranty work done. Chapman refused to even look at the truck. Said they would not do the work because I haven't had any service on the truck done there. The truck was delivered end of May so I've had it approx 4 months, it has 2k miles, it hasn't needed any service yet. I explained this to them, they said they understood, this was their new policy, they were not going to accept the truck for warranty repairs. A call to the Service Manager went to voicemail & was never returned.

So, there you have it. If anyone has a direct # to Ford to discuss this I would appreciate it. I'm in the process of calling other dealerships to find someone who will do the warranty work w/o me buying it from them. This was my first new Ford so there's no history with me & Chapman, no bad blood. They just refuse to do the warranty work because of "policy".

Any advice on how to handle this, what the dealerships obligations are, etc. is much appreciated.
I’m in the military and just moved across the country from where my truck was bought and got some warranty repair done at a dealer at my new duty station with no questions asked. It sounds like Chapman may be trying to just head you off due to being over booked. Still a dick-ish move though.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be cautious with Pacifico. I had friends that had family that worked their and still their service department was one of the most difficult to deal with for several people I knew. Cars sitting untouched weeks on end, having to show up multiple times in person to get them to work on it, etc. And I’m talking run of the mill stuff like Crown Vics, F150s, etc., nothing like a Shelby Mustang either.

Holman in Turnersville was the best for service from experience as I mentioned because they don’t move a lot of inventory from what I can tell so their service center is huge. If your not willing to cross the bridge, Robin Ford or Murphy Ford are good nearby as well based on my own and family experience. John Kennedy Ford isn’t half bad either in Jenkintown.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's genius but unfortunately the app shows no service history
If the app shows no service, did the dealer do any of the required prep work before the vehicle is released to the customer?
While it is possible to do the work and not record it in the app, I thought it was required, or at least best practice, to do so.
Hopefully Ford kicks them into gear for you.
Sponsored