First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came out Monday morning to a dead truck, a hybrid XLT. I called Chapman Phila (where I bought it) to get the warranty work done. Chapman refused to even look at the truck. Said they would not do the work because I haven't had any service on the truck done there. The truck was delivered end of May so I've had it approx 4 months, it has 2k miles, it hasn't needed any service yet. I explained this to them, they said they understood, this was their new policy, they were not going to accept the truck for warranty repairs. A call to the Service Manager went to voicemail & was never returned.

So, there you have it. If anyone has a direct # to Ford to discuss this I would appreciate it. I'm in the process of calling other dealerships to find someone who will do the warranty work w/o me buying it from them. This was my first new Ford so there's no history with me & Chapman, no bad blood. They just refuse to do the warranty work because of "policy".

Any advice on how to handle this, what the dealerships obligations are, etc. is much appreciated.
Sponsored

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like this dealer is a little upset about their allocations...........................................

Have never heard of this, sounds like a violation of their franchise agreement with Ford.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Since service is one of the only legitimate justifications for dealers even existing in the new world of direct sales, this is nuts. I wonder how Ford feels about dealers refusing to service their vehicles?
Yup. They make bank on service and it's one of the few sources of revenue left. This sounds like a goofy service advisor and poor follow up on the mgr's part. Give it a few tries before you bolt. Everything is crazy right now and gonna get worse.

LGB

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm interested to see how this shakes out, since as far as I know, the new vehicle warranty is from Ford corporate and is legally binding on Ford. The dealerships are just their chosen service network, as it were.

Sponsored

Pilot323

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5, 1951 MGTD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came out Monday morning to a dead truck, a hybrid XLT. I called Chapman Phila (where I bought it) to get the warranty work done. Chapman refused to even look at the truck. Said they would not do the work because I haven't had any service on the truck done there. The truck was delivered end of May so I've had it approx 4 months, it has 2k miles, it hasn't needed any service yet. I explained this to them, they said they understood, this was their new policy, they were not going to accept the truck for warranty repairs. A call to the Service Manager went to voicemail & was never returned.

So, there you have it. If anyone has a direct # to Ford to discuss this I would appreciate it. I'm in the process of calling other dealerships to find someone who will do the warranty work w/o me buying it from them. This was my first new Ford so there's no history with me & Chapman, no bad blood. They just refuse to do the warranty work because of "policy".

Any advice on how to handle this, what the dealerships obligations are, etc. is much appreciated.
I have found that embarrassing companies on Twitter results in action. It’s worth a try. Address Ford directly.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warranty work is free money for the service department, they are crazy not to want it in this market. NOW if they know parts aren't available for this repair and they have no more loaner cars available then MAYBE I could see them justifying not wanting to do the work but still, it's not a good luck when the internet exists and this story is going to spread quickly.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This makes no sense. I bought my truck in December from Chapman Philly and they said it didn’t matter if I had service or warranty work done there or somewhere closer to me (I live in NJ now). I still get texts and emails all the time from to bring it in to their service center too. They were ironically working on the gas tank recall for another Maverick that came in that week too. (Week of 12/29)

It sounds like a lot of confusion or a miscommunication on their part. Their service center is also jammed packed all the time so I’m not surprised they didn’t return a call. Try email if you can, Michelle (worked with Ed) in sales was on point from my experience with the knowledge of the service center so maybe she can help? Either way good luck and I wouldn’t give up on them yet. Maybe it’s parts availability but just not accepting the truck that was bought this year seems absurd to me, especially as that dealership did really care about their reviews and customer service in the past.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Two phone numbers at Ford—
800-392-3673 and 800-334-4375

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Ford dealership cannot refuse to do warranty work on a Ford vehicle that is under warranty.

I had this issue with a Kia dealership a few years ago. I exchanged several emails with the CEO of the dealership group it was associated with. I asked him to put it in writing that they were refusing to fix something under warranty on a brand new Kia with 500 miles on it because we didn't buy it from them.

Needless to say the work was performed ASAP.

I think you have a misunderstanding.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Hey there. Can you send over a private message with your VIN and also confirm the location of the dealership you are working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with you and your Maverick!

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let's give Chapman a chance to respond here as they are forum participants. I had a very good purchase experience with them as did many others here.

Warranty service is typically a revenue generator for dealerships (depending on hours allocated) and we know that Chapman didn't make much profit on these and now aren't even getting many allocations out of their efforts.

Let's give them a chance to explain more here.

Thanks,
Robert