Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally, it only occured on the front right corner of the dash where the window, pillar, and dash meet together but has now spread to the left side and middle also!

And there is a NEW rattle in the backseat just under the rear windshield right in the middle. I've tried adjusting the headrests and checking for loose stuff but couldn't find anything unfortunately. This one isn't as noticeable so you will need to turn the volume up a bit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a video of the Dash Rattle. Originally, it only occured on the front right corner of the dash where the window, pillar, and dash meet together but has now spread to the left side and middle also!

And here is a video of a NEW rattle in the backseat just under the rear windshield right in the middle. I've tried adjusting the headrests and checking for loose stuff but couldn't find anything unfortunately. This one isn't as noticeable so you will need to turn the volume up a bit.

UPDATE: Unless your device has sensitive speakers, the noise from the rear seat rattle is only audible on IOS devices or Macs.

Perhaps the solution in the following post will be helpful for your situation. Good luck.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-under-the-rear-windshield.7209/#post-151581

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps the solution in the following post will be helpful for your situation. Good luck.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-under-the-rear-windshield.7209/#post-151581
I actually read that thread but unfortunately, the sound is coming from the inside.

Also update: My truck has officially been at the dealer for 2 days now for the various rattles. The service advisor called me yesterday to tell me they “tightened some brackets” and need to remove the headliner as they think the sound may be coming from there. I gave them the ok to do that. Hopefully it doesn’t get messed up in the process but it is covered under warranty in case it does. They also said they will test drive it and check for rattles and MAY need to pull the dashboard if the rattles haven’t gone away. It’s a lot of invasive work unfortunately on a brand new car but I really hate rattles and annoying sounds so I’ll let them do it

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I actually read that thread but unfortunately, the sound is coming from the inside.

Also update: My truck has officially been at the dealer for 2 days now for the various rattles. The service advisor called me yesterday to tell me they “tightened some brackets” and need to remove the headliner as they think the sound may be coming from there. I gave them the ok to do that. Hopefully it doesn’t get messed up in the process but it is covered under warranty in case it does. They also said they will test drive it and check for rattles and MAY need to pull the dashboard if the rattles haven’t gone away. It’s a lot of invasive work unfortunately on a brand new car but I really hate rattles and annoying sounds so I’ll let them do it
Heck yeah let them do it, there’s zero chance I’d live with those rattles on a brand new vehicle (or one under warranty for that matter)
the rear one, you’re talking that light rattle noise not that big kuhchunk sound near the end, right?

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heck yeah let them do it, there’s zero chance I’d live with those rattles on a brand new vehicle (or one under warranty for that matter)
the rear one, you’re talking that light rattle noise not that big kuhchunk sound near the end, right?
Correct, the rear rattle is difficult to hear on video but that kuchunk sound was just me driving over a railroad track. The rear rattle just sounds like plastic trim vibrating from somewhere in the back seat either underneath the headliner or behind the fold down back seat.

Whereas, the front rattles/clicks/cracks sound like an actual ticking/cracking sound as if you were to hold your TV remote control tightly and bend and twist it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Got the car back from the dealer. Rear rattle is gone. Front ones still remain (but not quite as bad?) On the way home, the front rattles were still present but seemed quieter.

Paperwork says technician was unable to hear the front rattles on a 5 mile test drive.

Rear rattle was fixed by removing the headliner, and “taping and using foam” on a push pin connector on a cable going to the third brake light. Tech said he also noticed that the “loadspace trim panel” behind the backrest was rattling but it doesn’t say how that was fixed.

Ford Maverick Dash Rattles Got Worse! New Rattle in Back Seat Also E67EA6BE-8E96-4A30-A5D2-D93A89235073

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: Got the car back from the dealer. Rear rattle is gone. Front ones still remain (but not quite as bad?) On the way home, the front rattles were still present but seemed quieter.

Paperwork says technician was unable to hear the front rattles on a 5 mile test drive.

Rear rattle was fixed by removing the headliner, and “taping and using foam” on a push pin connector on a cable going to the third brake light. Tech said he also noticed that the “loadspace trim panel” behind the backrest was rattling but it doesn’t say how that was fixed.

E67EA6BE-8E96-4A30-A5D2-D93A89235073.png
Thanks for this!! Omg! Screw the front dash rattle… that’s nothing to me now, the back seat rattle is horrible!!! Wow! Mine is definitely coming from driver side seat back, I can reproduce it in driveway with manually pushing and vibrating the seat back… it’s the back of seat driver side, toward the headrest area, and the tail light cable noise in the headliner. So hope to get fixed this weekend? Thank god it was doing this before tonneau cover or I would of thought it was that. Also, I have to crank radio loud to not be bugged by it! At least there is a fix for that!

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a way to temporary eliminate almost all rattles in the truck: Turn on the heater!! Sounds stupid but it works. I will try to go with it until I find a way to get rid of the rattles entirely.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found a way to temporary eliminate almost all rattles in the truck: Turn on the heater!! Sounds stupid but it works. I will try to go with it until I find a way to get rid of the rattles entirely.
I have noticed this does the trick except back seat rattle.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally, it only occured on the front right corner of the dash where the window, pillar, and dash meet together
Any update on this? My only negative so far, and it's minor, is the driver side A pillar rattle. Heard when radio is off and extremely annoying. Will be removing the trim tomorrow and investigating.

Sponsored

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl

E67EA6BE-8E96-4A30-A5D2-D93A89235073.png
What is the loudspace trim Pannel

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally, it only occured on the front right corner of the dash where the window, pillar, and dash meet together but has now spread to the left side and middle also!

And there is a NEW rattle in the backseat just under the rear windshield right in the middle. I've tried adjusting the headrests and checking for loose stuff but couldn't find anything unfortunately. This one isn't as noticeable so you will need to turn the volume up a bit.
Yep that's what they make the stereo for just crank it up đź“»
Sponsored