First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 HPR Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't need any more ports either. But if I did, I'd be proud of myself if I could do a slick install like IronDan's.
It's actually very simple to install. Here's a video from Akro himself installing one in his maverick. Different looking cubby insert but still the same concept.
Sponsored

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I definitely feel you on cable management. I hate having exposed wires everywhere. I love my bulletpoint system and have my wires tucked behind the screen system.
Ford Maverick Dash Cubby Overhaul! USB Ports + Wireless Charger Phone Holder 20230821_095901

OP
OP
IronDan

IronDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 HPR Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I definitely feel you on cable management. I hate having exposed wires everywhere. I love my bulletpoint system and have my wires tucked behind the screen system.
20230821_095901.jpg
Nice looks good man! I plan on getting a bulletpoint system down the road. No real need for one now but I think they look nice and I don’t use that cubby for anything. You should get their cable management kit. Comes with clips for the arm and sticky channels for the dash. Pair that with a simple black cable with a thinner casing and it would be practically invisible!

mike1964

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xl AWD 4k tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't need any more ports either. But if I did, I'd be proud of myself if I could do a slick install like IronDan's.
It was very creative just not for me. Its his truck he can do what he likes to make it his own

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's actually very simple to install. Here's a video from Akro himself installing one in his maverick. Different looking cubby insert but still the same concept.
Way cool. Makes me wanna do one... just because it's SO COOL. And simple.

I bought a grid insert & attached a magnetic phone mount. It works, but when my phone's not there to block view of the grid, it looks kinda cheesy. Especially compared to yours & Akro's installs which enhance the aesthetic appeal of the dash... I like sharp & tidy... If I could find a 6" charging cable... 🤔

I'll add it to my list of possibilities. Thanks, Dan.

OP
OP
IronDan

IronDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 HPR Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Way cool. Makes me wanna do one... just because it's SO COOL. And simple.

I bought a grid insert & attached a magnetic phone mount. It works, but when my phone's not there to block view of the grid, it looks kinda cheesy. Especially compared to yours & Akro's installs which enhance the aesthetic appeal of the dash... I like sharp & tidy... If I could find a 6" charging cable... 🤔

I'll add it to my list of possibilities. Thanks, Dan.
I ended up going with an Afterplug cable. May try some other cables but this seems to do the trick. Wish it was slightly shorter but it does the job and looks clean!

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ended up going with an Afterplug cable. May try some other cables but this seems to do the trick. Wish it was slightly shorter but it does the job and looks clean!
Oh. Oh. That is CLEAN. I'm jonezin now. Got it saved for later. Thanks some more!

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys. I know I'm a bit late to the party but I recently finished installing my Akro Designs USB Cubby Insert. Coupled that with my QuadLock Vent Mount with the upgraded MAG Wireless Charging Head. Very clean and simple installation. I am a cable management nut so being able to hide all of the wires was a big bonus. Plus it frees up one of the lower console USB ports and adds an extra up top for my ipad when I get around to purchasing a Bulletpoint Solutions Rubigrid Mount. A bit of an investment if you're not already a QuadLock user but any vent style mount will work. Overall I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG
Install looks great, and I like how you're repurposed the cubby. My favorite part though, is your choice in music. 2 incredible bands

Craiger9131

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey guys. I know I'm a bit late to the party but I recently finished installing my Akro Designs USB Cubby Insert. Coupled that with my QuadLock Vent Mount with the upgraded MAG Wireless Charging Head. Very clean and simple installation. I am a cable management nut so being able to hide all of the wires was a big bonus. Plus it frees up one of the lower console USB ports and adds an extra up top for my ipad when I get around to purchasing a Bulletpoint Solutions Rubigrid Mount. A bit of an investment if you're not already a QuadLock user but any vent style mount will work. Overall I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

OP
OP
IronDan

IronDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 HPR Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if you meant to type anything in response to the quote or not but I do not see anything. @Craiger9131
Sponsored