Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are the odds that driving my cyber orange Maverick in the daytime for the first time after bringing it home last night from the dealership that I pass not one, but two, school buses? Then later, a very yellow car. Video with buses is short, but I only see audio so maybe it's too big to upload. How do you do videos or forums? I don't want to post videos in more public sites like YouTube.
As you can see, the Maverick is slightly more orange than the school buses. Not a lot, but because of the hint of gold and the metallic, it is a better and prettier color than the buses I think. There is definitely a beautiful richness to it up close

Ford Maverick Cyber  orange Maverick next to school buses and a very yellow car Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.50.58 PM
Ford Maverick Cyber  orange Maverick next to school buses and a very yellow car Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.51.57 PM
Ford Maverick Cyber  orange Maverick next to school buses and a very yellow car Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.55.38 PM
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol- first thing I thought when I saw this color was school-bus. As a teacher…that gave me PTSD but you do you! I could never pull it off

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
I love the Cyber Orange color. So much so that I changed my original Area 51 to it after I saw it at the dealer when the trainer was there.

As far as your videos, you may need to put it through an app (I've used VLC in the past)to reduce the size and/or resolution. Especially if your device is set to 4k recording mode.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
So, how's the B&O sound system?

Curious, since that's what I'm getting.

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, how's the B&O sound system?

Curious, since that's what I'm getting.
Well I love it so far, but I have never had a top notch sound system before in my car, so it sounds great to me. In the controls on the touchscreen there is a crosshair overlaid on the truck interior/rectangle and you can drag it Up/Down and Left/Right to adjust the balance between the four speakers. That is cool visual interaction design I had not seen before in a car. I used to work at a design firm but am not current.

I am tripping on Sirius XM radio because I'm a dancer so I choreograph in my mind while listening to music. Never had Sirius before so am blown away with the music choices. There are also a. zillion sports channels. Sadly, I've been a bit of a Luddite with sound systems in cars so am not the best person to ask I imagine. : )

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol- first thing I thought when I saw this color was school-bus. As a teacher…that gave me PTSD but you do you! I could never pull it off
Having a big snake around my neck would give me worse than PTSD! So you do you, too. Ha ha : )

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a big snake around my neck would give me worse than PTSD! So you do you, too. Ha ha : )
Hahahaha! That’s just Norman- he is more tame than my cat:) but yeah- he gives a lot of folks fits.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my main goals when ordering a Maverick was cost control, as we already have a luxury car that we're keeping and this is really an around town and utility vehicle. I thought Cyber Orange was an upcharge option on Lariat trim, which was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Lo and behold, it's still an upcharge but also available on the XLT. So after defending my decision to order the XL (in Area 51), I ditched that order and changed to an XLT in Cyber Orange. I love the color and the contrast with the gray bumpers and gunmetal wheels. Orange is hard to photograph, so I expect it looks even better in person.

Our Genesis is Havana Red. My husband always says life is too short for boring colors!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of my main goals when ordering a Maverick was cost control, as we already have a luxury car that we're keeping and this is really an around town and utility vehicle. I thought Cyber Orange was an uncharge option on Lariat trim, which was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

Lo and behold, it's still an uncharge but also available on the XLT. So after defending my decision to order the XL (in Area 51), I ditched that order and changed to an XLT in Cyber Orange. I love the color and the contrast with the gray bumpers and gunmetal wheels. Orange is hard to photograph, so I expect it looks even better in person.

Our Genesis is Havana Red. My husband always says life is too short for boring colors!
Totally agree with him on colors!

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Cyber  orange Maverick next to school buses and a very yellow car 34AEB95C-9DA0-4D79-9FA4-F568591A5FA3

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
If it was YELLOW I would have ordered it and never looked back. I like Orange but not that shade. So I passed. Originally ordered BORING Oxford White but recently changed to Alto Blue. But that was ONLY because of the crappy interior colors.

@Dancebuff I agree with you on the snake post. He may be safe but being color blind, they are ALL bad to me. Sorry Norman.
Sponsored