First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I painted my tow hooks cyber orange over the weekend. Used a matte yellow spray paint with primer as a base to cover the black. Then used a Cyber Orange spray paint kit to finish it off. Then used a clearcoat spray paint over that. The sheen doesn't quite match, but the color does. Since you don't see them side by side and they are in a shadowy inset, I think they look great.

I masked them all off and taped down a painters tarp over the whole front end and windshield. I learned years ago how far spray paint mist globules can travel and adhere to things. Didn't want to ruin the finish on my new rig!

Now I want to paint my grill bar black to match the grill.

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club PaintedTowHooks

I also added my pics below of my previous weekend project. I wrapped by taillights in Honeycomb Mid-Smoke Tint wrap. I upgraded the taillights/brake lights/turn signals to super bright LED's to compensate for the tinting. The brake lights actually are effectually brighter than the OEM bulbs through untinted lens.

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club PaintedTowHooks2

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club PaintedTowHooks3

These are just tailights, not the brake lights!

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club PaintedTowHooks4

Also, just taillights. Not brake.

Last edited:

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I shouldn't have looked at these posts. I'm even more impatient for mine to arrive! @Naranjita , how are the tow hooks mounted? Are they welded or bolted on? I like the look. But would rather remove them for painting. My mod list just keeps getting longer and longer! And I really like the black vinyl for the lettering.

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered a Cyber Orange too. Not sure when I'll see it as I ordered 11/8/21. I love having vehicles that you can spot in a moments notice. :)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've ordered a Cyber Orange too. Not sure when I'll see it as I ordered 11/8/21. I love having vehicles that you can spot in a moments notice. :)
This is so true. So easy to pick out of a full parking lot! I parked next to a Cyber Orange Ranger on Friday, for fun even though the walk was further. It was gone when I came out. Wonder what they thought seeing another Cyber Orange Ford truck.

Someone might miss another color Maverick, Ranger, Bronco, Bronco Sport or Mustang Mach-E. But highly unlikely they'll miss a Cyber Orange one!!

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I shouldn't have looked at these posts. I'm even more impatient for mine to arrive! @Naranjita , how are the tow hooks mounted? Are they welded or bolted on? I like the look. But would rather remove them for painting. My mod list just keeps getting longer and longer! And I really like the black vinyl for the lettering.
It's definitely better to remove them. It will be easier to paint, and look more even. It took A LOT of masking to get just right. And I still didn't get the coverage I wanted on the backsides.

The tow hooks bolt in place. But you have to remove the whole bumper, of course. Here is a video that will help if you go that route:

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's definitely better to remove them. It will be easier to paint, and look more even. It took A LOT of masking to get just right. And I still didn't get the coverage I wanted on the backsides.

The tow hooks bolt in place. But you have to remove the whole bumper, of course. Here is a video that will help if you go that route:

Thank you for the video. I'll be going that route. Plus, there is a powder coating shop in town. So, I'll have that done instead of me painting them.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the video. I'll be going that route. Plus, there is a powder coating shop in town. So, I'll have that done instead of me painting them.
Can't wait to see it!

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick arrived at the dealer late this afternoon. I took some pictures of it shortly after being unloaded. This image really shows the many shades of Cyber Orange all at once.

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club FA9727DB-4A63-40EB-80C2-495B77430FF0

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes it's easy to forget it's a metallic paint. But when the sun hits it just right, watch out!

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray, Optimum No Rinse Wash and a rare sunny February day in Western Washington and Cyber Orange just turns day-glo and sparkly beautiful.

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club IMG_20220209_130837

Looks wet. But completely dry.

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cyber Orange was the only color my wife said I couldn’t order
Hot Pepper was as close as I could get

Reactions: HPR

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got my Hybrid CO Mav scheduled for week of 4-04-22.
Now I can really start the mod list.
Thanks all for the pictures of added mods.
Makes it both easier and harder to choose what to order.

Leggo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, 1988 Mitsubishi Starion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have any picture of a Cyber Orange Mav with either of the fender flares installed? I think the black would break up the orange, but they aren't cheap and I don't want to drop the cash on them if they don't look right.

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any picture of a Cyber Orange Mav with either of the fender flares installed? I think the black would break up the orange, but they aren't cheap and I don't want to drop the cash on them if they don't look right.
Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club 30BEE470-194C-40F5-BF8A-4895E87CE065

Ford Maverick CYBER ORANGE Maverick Photos / Club E09D7EF8-DF52-4B69-A618-7FD053AC89E1