OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking great! Now you need some velocity blue paint on the tailgate lettering!

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
Looking great! Now you need some velocity blue paint on the tailgate lettering!

Thank you!! And Naw, Im more of a less is more. I don't like adding extra badges or stick on stuff personally.

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
They said paint, no mention of stick on stuff or extra badges.

The paint work on everything looks great, I think the velocity blue accents would have looked phenomenal on a velocity blue Maverick. I'm not crazy about it on black. The headlights are also beautiful but that strip in there looks super tacky and really takes away from the otherwise badass paint work. I think you could have done a lot better there with some back-lit opaque acrylic or similar and basically mimicking the OEM DRL of the Lariat. Should look pretty nice with all of the painted trim, unless you're doing all of that in Velocity Blue too lol then pass from me.

Fair, and Correct. But ford offers the blue lettering, which are stick on pieces and what most people do. Headlights aren't permanent as it's getting the lariat LEDs. And I wasn't spending days on something temporary, and definitely not spending the time on something the vast majority won't pay for. This route was simple and cost effective and what MOST will want to do and have already inquired about. But I do agree with it not being the best looking options, it isn't my favorite either and I don't do tube drls on any of my vehicles. But for people wanting to save money.. it works.

And yeah no. All of the trim is getting done black to match haha

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some stills would be nice. I ain't got time to watch no videos!

Sponsored

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
It's going to look killer! Lighting coming along great too. How was cracking them apart? Did you bake them to loosen the adhesive?

Also - What are the spec on the Verde's + Tires? Will look dope with the drop. Going static or bags?

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm patiently waiting for my hybrid, will leave it stock on outside save for a Snug Cap ordered through the dealer but the rear seats will go into plastic bags and stored away and a gear locker simalar to what I have in the PriusV will be built to provide storage. Liked the XLT rims so they will stay, entertaining the idea of hanging the trailer spare with the truck spare, like I do with the Prius doughnut now

Deleted member 2764

Fair, and Correct. But ford offers the blue lettering, which are stick on pieces and what most people do. Headlights aren't permanent as it's getting the lariat LEDs. And I wasn't spending days on something temporary, and definitely not spending the time on something the vast majority won't pay for. This route was simple and cost effective and what MOST will want to do and have already inquired about. But I do agree with it not being the best looking options, it isn't my favorite either and I don't do tube drls on any of my vehicles. But for people wanting to save money.. it works.

Mr. Boom, I'm looking to replace the OEM bulb for the XLT trim DLR's with a led switchback. Do you know whether diodedynamics has any available?
Thanks

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
@Mrboom_5.0
I don't like Chrome and want to either buy some Black Ford badges for front and back. Do you know their sizes? I was informed I have to know the height and width of each badge.

I was going to plastidip them but was told ceramic coating would eat through the plastidip.

It looks like you had yours painted. Can you tell me how you removed the Ford Badges from the front and the tailgate? I don't remember you showing that in your videos. How much will I need to disassemble to get them off?

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Mrboom_5.0
I don't like Chrome and want to either buy some Black Ford badges for front and back. Do you know their sizes? I was informed I have to know the height and width of each badge.

I was going to plastidip them but was told ceramic coating would eat through the plastidip.

It looks like you had yours painted. Can you tell me how you removed the Ford Badges from the front and the tailgate? I don't remember you showing that in your videos. How much will I need to disassemble to get them off?
He did a whole video on removing the front badge.

Leadphinger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman (SOLD)
Hey Boom,

What size are the rims/tires?

Great progress. Cute dog.

Cheers!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting for you to get to the sound system upgraded speakers with subwoofers 😬
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.