First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks amazing, tires are just perfect on this!! Always had good luck with BFGs. You guys with your nice, already delivered trucks, are driving me crazy! Still please keep posting pictures and reviews, keep me stoked for my Feb-May? delivery lol
Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My tire guy that I bought the BF Goodrich tires from said the Pirelli Scorpion ATR All Terrain tires that I took off said they are specially made for Ford and they are very low quality made tires and I would not had gotten probably 15,000 to 20,000 miles out of them. He said the factory tires are very cheap made tires that all the brands make for these vehicle manufacturers.
...Says the guy selling you new tires to replace new tires...

I'm going to throw the BS flag on this one.

We will see in the next couple years how well the pirelli's hold out.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Partial BS...... No OEM does a tire development partnership for low volume, low MSRP vehicles. They spec the appropriate off-the-shelf tire. So yes, the Scorpions fitted to the Mav are a lower quality tire, to match the MSRP of the application, but they are NOT specially made for Ford. And they most certainly will go more than 20k miles under "normal" rated conditions.

OP
OP
NCbronco

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Before he had even told me what he did, We bought a new 2017 Honda CR-V that my wife drives and it came with Hankook tires from the factory and when we had to get the yearly State Inspection done on it in 2019 the tires with only 18,500 miles on them would not pass the yearly inspection to keep driving on the highway. They where worn out with just two years of driving on them. So when he told me what he did I believe him completely. You believe what you want to and I will believe what I know what happen to us two years ago with Hankook factory tires. We contacted Hankook about warranty on there tires and they told us they where only design for Honda and was only made for that vehicle. Honda and Hankook would not warranty them. By the way you can not even find these Pirelli tires that come on these Maverick anywhere. Pirelli`s is only making these tires for Ford Bronco Sport and Maverick and you can not buy these in any tire shop.

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ns-new-tire-for-ford-bronco-and-ford-maverick

Last edited:

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hankooks on my new 2009 F150 lasted 65,000 miles.

The bottom line is you spent money replacing tires that were new and had "X" number of miles of use left in them.

IMO, a very poor financial decision.

About 35% of Americans have secure retirement savings, the other 65% do not.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NCbronco

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The bottom line is you spent money replacing tires that were new and had "X" number of miles of use left in them.

You probably want have those tires on your hybrid in "2023" when you get it so you want have any problems with them Einstein. So you want have to make that poor financial decision. You have a wonderful day !!!

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You probably want have those tires on your hybrid in "2023" when you get it so you want have any problems with them Einstein. So you want have to make that poor financial decision. You have a wonderful day !!!
Typical immature response.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided

Find a tire shop that buys new take offs and you'll probably get $100 each. A new set of A/T tires will be around $800, so in the end around $400 to upgrade to way better tires. Seems like a good decision especially if A/S tires won't cut it where you live.

OP
OP
NCbronco

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Find a tire shop that buys new take offs and you'll probably get $100 each. A new set of A/T tires will be around $800, so in the end around $400 to upgrade to way better tires. Seems like a good decision especially if A/S tires won't cut it where you live.
Davis, I am glad you brought this up. BF Goodrich had a $100 rebate on these K02 tires, so I got these very nice superb beefy tires for $626 and I ended up selling the factory take offs for $475. So in the end I am only out of $151. So I think it was a very good decision on my part. Also those factory tires where not going to get me thru the winter and these K02 will. Thank you for your viewpoint on my tire purchase.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have also been wanting a Maverick Truck Club decal to put on my back window. They have been saying since August that they were making up some and I still have not seen any yet. I don`t know what the hold up is, lots of us would buy them. Maybe someone will step up and make some and have them for sale soon.
Oh no! Now MTC is delaying! I just can't take it any longer!:rolleyes:;)

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
NCbronco

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ns-new-tire-for-ford-bronco-and-ford-maverick
[/QUO
Partial BS...... No OEM does a tire development partnership for low volume, low MSRP vehicles. They spec the appropriate off-the-shelf tire. So yes, the Scorpions fitted to the Mav are a lower quality tire, to match the MSRP of the application, but they are NOT specially made for Ford. And they most certainly will go more than 20k miles under "normal" rated conditions.
Partial BS, And you said specially NOT made for Ford, that`s the part you where talking about ?
The new Pirelli Scorpion ATR has been designed exclusively for the Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Maverick. https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ar...ns-new-tire-for-ford-bronco-and-ford-maverick

First Name
Kendrick Cunningham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Ford Explorer.
Engine
Undecided
That’s good to know. We had Hankook tires on an new Explorer that barely lasted 20,000 miles.

OP
OP
NCbronco

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s good to know. We had Hankook tires on an new Explorer that barely lasted 20,000 miles.
We tried to get our Hankook tires warranted by Honda and Hankook and both would not do anything about them being worn out. We where in a pitch trying to get it inspected to be able to keep driving it on the highway so we had to buy a new set just after owning the Honda for 2 years.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost