First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad and I have had a 17 year routine to attend the Turkey Run Car Show at the Daytona 500 Speedway. It is a tremendous turnout of vehicles in all shapes and sizes. Everything from Muscle Cars, Land Yachts, Rat Rods, Custom Builds, Gassers, you name it. You can get lost for hours in the sea of automotive cornucopia that makes this show.

However, there is one particular vehicle that caught my eye. I came across this custom build Ford Maverick Lariat in Cyber Orange. The main highlight is the state-of-the-art sound system with subwoofers mounted in the bed (which I didn't photograph since the owners were tailgating in the bed and as courtesy didn't want them in the pictures) and eight speakers mounted in each door panel. As a result, each door has been reupholstered in leather to the factory Navy Pier color just to accommodate the sheer number of speakers. Other mods include:

- Vehicle stance
- Custom wheels/tires
- Upgraded brakes
- Body colored trim pieces such as the lower skirts, bumpers, rain guards, grille slot, mirrors, and badging
- Custom hood scoop
- Windshield unibrow
- LED accent lights in the upper and lower grilles

It's quite the looker and catches your eye immediately. I wouldn't go and rush to do this myself but I appreciate someone else going to the effort and building this. What do you think? Feedback is much appreciated.

Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show PXL_20221126_181944384
Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show PXL_20221126_181955654
Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show PXL_20221126_182026178
Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show PXL_20221126_182144888

Another photos posted by @BobR

Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show pxl_20221126_153611728-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bet that shit shlumps!

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is awesome. What a beauty

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes me wonder if it was the one that a local dealer had? If so, we drove it while they had it for a demo. They done a great job on it.

Sponsored

BobR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FWD, Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to the Daytona Turkey Rod Run this past weekend and met a super nice gentleman who had built this Lariat. He had painted over his stock yellow paint with a clear pearl which really looked nice and had painted all of his black trim to match. He had added lots of factory accessories like the hood scoop and cab and tailgate spoiler and widow covers. The tires and rims were 22's and he had lowered it with coil overs. He had reformed the door panels and added speakers front and rear and a killer stereo system. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it just shows what a great platform the Maverick is for customization.
Ford Maverick Custom Build Cyber Orange Ford Maverick at Daytona Turkey Run Car Show PXL_20221126_153611728

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its great to see a non-complicated customization done right. Colors are spot on. Only small thing would be to color match the brake calipers but incredible nonetheless.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This guy went crazy on the LED strips

Looks like they are everywhere

This truck was featured on the Silver Suspension YouTube page showing how to install coilovers

There are LEDs around the brakes to light up the wheels/wheel wells too
I bet it’s REALLY bright at night

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate all the work and upgrades but too much Cyber Orange for me.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad and I have had a 17 year routine to attend the Turkey Run Car Show at the Daytona 500 Speedway. It is a tremendous turnout of vehicles in all shapes and sizes. Everything from Muscle Cars, Land Yachts, Rat Rods, Custom Builds, Gassers, you name it. You can get lost for hours in the sea of automotive cornucopia that makes this show.

However, there is one particular vehicle that caught my eye. I came across this custom build Ford Maverick Lariat in Cyber Orange. The main highlight is the state-of-the-art sound system with subwoofers mounted in the bed (which I didn't photograph since the owners were tailgating in the bed and as courtesy didn't want them in the pictures) and eight speakers mounted in each door panel. As a result, each door has been reupholstered in leather to the factory Navy Pier color just to accommodate the sheer number of speakers. Other mods include:

- Vehicle stance
- Custom wheels/tires
- Upgraded brakes
- Body colored trim pieces such as the lower skirts, bumpers, rain guards, grille slot, mirrors, and badging
- Custom hood scoop
- Windshield unibrow
- LED accent lights in the upper and lower grilles

It's quite the looker and catches your eye immediately. I wouldn't go and rush to do this myself but I appreciate someone else going to the effort and building this. What do you think? Feedback is much appreciated.

PXL_20221126_181944384.jpg
PXL_20221126_181955654.jpg
PXL_20221126_182026178.jpg
PXL_20221126_182144888.jpg

Another photos posted by @BobR

pxl_20221126_153611728-jpg.jpg
I love the colour match rims! I dont love That they spent all this money and kept the standard lariat seats lol

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Overall I like it... great to see these trucks are already getting a lot of aftermarket and enthusiast interest. The only thing on this one that I don't think fits quite right is the window vents... they seem clunky.

BobR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FWD, Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overall I like it... great to see these trucks are already getting a lot of aftermarket and enthusiast interest. The only thing on this one that I don't think fits quite right is the window vents... they seem clunky.
The gentleman said he wasn't happy with them either. He said he was going to paint the part that actually covers the glass black so that part of the shade looked like the window and made the shade look smaller. It's still a work in progress.
I asked how it rode with the 22 inch tires with the very small sidewalls and the coil overs and he said "very stiff". He said he picked the very thin sidewalls so that the overall height was exactly the same as the stock 18 inch Michelin tires so that he did not have to recalibrate the speedometer.

TexasJake

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat & Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow 😯! Awesome customization! 😎
Sponsored