First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 1500 quad cab V6; 2022 MavXL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For years I've had Weatherguard toolboxes (diamond tread alloy, not steel) crossbed
toolboxes on my F150s, GM and now RAM truck.

Does anyone know of any similar decent quality such boxes designed for Maverick trucks?
(I realize there's no 'rear bed lip', etc. on a Mav, which differs from a a 'real' truck.)

This is for my GF's soon-to-arrive (?) Mav, for some extra semsecure lockable storage.

Bill
San Jose
Sponsored

jet40

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For years I've had Weatherguard toolboxes (diamond tread alloy, not steel) crossbed
toolboxes on my F150s, GM and now RAM truck.

Does anyone know of any similar decent quality such boxes designed for Maverick trucks?
(I realize there's no 'rear bed lip', etc. on a Mav, which differs from a a 'real' truck.)

This is for my GF's soon-to-arrive (?) Mav, for some extra semsecure lockable storage.

Bill
San Jose
Following.

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to discourage or criticize, my only concern is that a toolbox like that would eat into the precious bed space the Maverick does have. It is why I passed on the swing out boxes.

For me I have the hard tri-fold tonneau cover selected for mine. So I plan to have a folding crate in the bed that will have tarps, tie downs, tools etc. I also plan to have some pre prepped boards for selective hauling or to act as compartments in the bed to keep things from sliding/rolling all around.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Not to discourage or criticize, my only concern is that a toolbox like that would eat into the precious bed space the Maverick does have. It is why I passed on the swing out boxes.

For me I have the hard tri-fold tonneau cover selected for mine. So I plan to have a folding crate in the bed that will have tarps, tie downs, tools etc. I also plan to have some pre prepped boards for selective hauling or to act as compartments in the bed to keep things from sliding/rolling all around.
Yeah, while folding tonneaus aren't as secure as an actual box (in your head at least) I'd rather have the cover because nobody knows if you have stuff or not and it is usually not the risk for one thing and in addition to that you can have a lockable space that is quite large for groceries where as the toolbox is a bit inconvenient and really better left for tools or sneaking beer in high school.

Never think that a big sturdy box is actually doing anything to protect your stuff, it is a mere handful of seconds away from being opened by anyone who is actually on the prowl for it. A false sense of security is not a good thing, and it is even worse when you're also advertising that you have something worth locking up in a sturdy box.

To answer the question, no unfortunately I have not seen any boxes aside from the swing out style that Ford offers. It will probably be a couple months before you really see that stuff come out and I'd expect it to be particularly unpopular for a small truckbed like this so we may be overly hopeful.

jet40

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I keep going back and forth on what I want. I think you are right, a hard try-fold might be the way for me to go.

Sponsored

OdinStormfist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don’t mind losing some bed depth there is the Decked system but my concern is when they might make this for the Maverick how it might obscure the cubbie on the passenger Side and the inverter on the driver side.
it is lockable and cannot be opened when the tailgate is secured.
Here is a link to their site: Decked.com

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
So far my plan is to get a diamondback cover and section off part of the front for a toolbox. That’s assuming they never make an insert to fit.
Sponsored