Sponsored

Cost to have someone add factory adaptive cruise/lane centering to an XL hybrid?

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still trying to decide between trims, and the cost difference between an XL and a Lariat Lux is around $8400 for my option choices, not including taxes. How much do you think that a shop (and what kind of shop?) would charge to install, calibrate, and test the stuff, if I provided parts?

A very smart forum member has documented how to add factory adaptive cruise and lane centering to any trim of hybrid Maverick, for $636 (or thereabouts) worth of parts, plus time spent modifying wiring connectors, fishing wiring around, and more.

DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package

I would need a shop to install it, as I have significant mobility limitations.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would really depend on the shop. Calling around in your area would give you the best idea of the interest level of who would even be willing to do something like this. I would think a shop that does more custom fab work would be more willing than your average oil change and tire shop.

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would really depend on the shop. Calling around in your area would give you the best idea of the interest level of who would even be willing to do something like this. I would think a shop that does more custom fab work would be more willing than your average oil change and tire shop.
When you say "custom fab work", do you mean like a car audio type of shop? I've never had a vehicle that was worth modifying like this, so stuff like this is all new to me.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you say "custom fab work", do you mean like a car audio type of shop? I've never had a vehicle that was worth modifying like this, so stuff like this is all new to me.
Maybe! They would be used to running the wiring so that would be somewhere to look. I was thinking more of shops that customize cars, shops that look outside the box instead of a regular repair shop. Normally custom shops think that anything is possible so they would be more willing to try and do something that they have never done before.

OP
OP
MostlySafeBear

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe! They would be used to running the wiring so that would be somewhere to look. I was thinking more of shops that customize cars, shops that look outside the box instead of a regular repair shop. Normally custom shops think that anything is possible so they would be more willing to try and do something that they have never done before.
That's an interesting idea on the type of shop, I hadn't considered them. I'll have to see if I can find some here local to me and pick their brains.

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FYI if you find someone willing to do it with your parts one of two things is going to happen
#1. The shop won’t take responsibility for the parts or how well it works… not that I think any legit shop would take on a project like that (along with the responsibility of something like adaptive cruise)
#2. A shop that is willing to make sure everything is 100% and stand behind the work is going to cost at least half of the price difference between the XL and Lariat Lux….. and at that point you have a base model truck with $4k worth of upgrades

I’d suggest just saving yourself the agony of your new truck sitting at a shop for weeks/months getting parts installed and just buy the truck that you want
You will get many other upgrades with the Lariat Lux that will end up benefiting your time with the truck

Unless you are a tinkerer yourself I’d stay away from doing a project like that

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI if you find someone willing to do it with your parts one of two things is going to happen
#1. The shop won’t take responsibility for the parts or how well it works… not that I think any legit shop would take on a project like that (along with the responsibility of something like adaptive cruise)
#2. A shop that is willing to make sure everything is 100% and stand behind the work is going to cost at least half of the price difference between the XL and Lariat Lux….. and at that point you have a base model truck with $4k worth of upgrades

I’d suggest just saving yourself the agony of your new truck sitting at a shop for weeks/months getting parts installed and just buy the truck that you want
You will get many other upgrades with the Lariat Lux that will end up benefiting your time with the truck

Unless you are a tinkerer yourself I’d stay away from doing a project like that
100% agreed For the price of parts and labor, just get the Lariat. If you REALLY want an XL for some reason than go for it and try and get the ACC added. A Lariat is still a cheap truck when all is said and done.
Sponsored