J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone catch this video. I feel like they have no idea what they are talking about?
Sponsored

dibrowz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV, Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These guys failed to understand that Ford designed the Maverick, especially the hybrid, as a substitute for a small SUV or car, it's not really a truck. It's a great car with a bed at an incredible price. If you need a truck step up to a Ranger or F150. If you're thinking of a hybrid Camry or RAV4, the hybrid Maverick deserves a look. I love the Maverick and it was a brilliant move to draw buyers away from competitors hybrid offerings at such an affordable price. I knew my next car would be a hybrid and I am elated that it came in a truck-like configuration, much more versatile than a sedan or SUV.

Msjulie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah they miss the point. Not everyone needs a TRUCK when this truck suits lots of mixed needs - 4+ folks, room for junk out back, good MPG and not a challenge to park just to name some.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These guys failed to understand that Ford designed the Maverick, especially the hybrid, as a substitute for a small SUV or car, it's not really a truck. It's a great car with a bed at an incredible price. If you need a truck step up to a Ranger or F150. If you're thinking of a hybrid Camry or RAV4, the hybrid Maverick deserves a look. I love the Maverick and it was a brilliant move to draw buyers away from competitors hybrid offerings at such an affordable price. I knew my next car would be a hybrid and I am elated that it came in a truck-like configuration, much more versatile than a sedan or SUV.
My sentiments exactly. I knew I was going hybrid for my next vehicle and was looking at the camry and Honda insight until I stumbled across the maverick. It was fate.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These guys have no clue. They're rambling on about the CVT and the destination fee, but they never talked about whether this vehicle is useful as a truck.

People want to know what is this vehicle good for and will it work for me? They did nothing to answer those questions.

Sponsored

MaverickHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport mode simulates gear changing. Clueless reviewers.

OP
OP
ladyhawkgt

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

These guys have no clue. They're rambling on about the CVT and the destination fee, but they never talked about whether this vehicle is useful as a truck.

People want to know what is this vehicle good for and will it work for me? They did nothing to answer those questions.
also, the fact that they don’t even know it’s an eCVT really doesn’t give me great confidence in their reviews.

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Honda or Toyota had come out with the Maverick, they would have been slobbering all over it. You can tell by the poor level of preparation these guys had that they are bargain basement, part time auto reviewers. Boring!

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I lost any confidence in this publication many years ago and they continue to offer up proof that I made the correct decision. However, I have relatives that still hang on every word spoken.

rdnbrbk

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Lariat 2.5L
I agree with you. I think they miss the point of the hybrid for sure. I agree that its the first super fuel efficient truckish vehicle out there. Does NOT replace my F150, but now I can do my 70 mile daily commute with functionality and comfort at a reasonable price. :)

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Honda or Toyota had come out with the Maverick, they would have been slobbering all over it. You can tell by the poor level of preparation these guys had that they are bargain basement, part time auto reviewers. Boring!
You are quite right of course. The auto magazines seem to go one of two ways. Toyota , Honda products can do no wrong or the over $150K write ups. Either one gets rave reviews.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone catch this video. I feel like they have no idea what they are talking about?
They need to talk to Real people with Real needs. This time last year I needed the ability to carry modest cargo loads...but didn't need another F150. Almost settled for a Subaru Outback(but I don't drive slow) then a Tacoma...but then was told about the Maverick and it was the immediate fix!!

Deleted member 1483

also, the fact that they don’t even know it’s an eCVT really doesn’t give me great confidence in their reviews.
The eCVT is literally the reason I went with the hybrid. No more lugging gears. Always smooth linear power even uphill.

edit: just baffled the reviewers could see it as a downside

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Consumer Reports has a worse case of yellow fever than a weeb who buys two copies of anime comics so he can read one and keep one in a sleeve as a "collector's item" and listens to K-Pop 24/7.

papa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can absolutely say the utility of mymav hybrid does pretty much everything. I need. I have used my 6'x7'utility trailer for runs to the landscape yard for mulch, dirt.
Runs for lumber tailgate setup works great. My commute to work yields 42mpg consistently. Now I'm ready for 4 wheel down towing behind the RV. All set for my first trip. Very pleased owner @6k miles.

The only issue, I can't use the damn tailgate extender the straps are to short!! Dealership acknowledged in service report.No help from Ford/dealership. Two Online chats w/ Ford and phone calls to dealership have yielded nothing.
Sponsored