First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I got the first email but not the second one. Also curious about terms. I've been "in production" via talking with Ford Customer Service for months. The magic word I'm looking for is "scheduled", but others seem to think "into production" means they are getting built.
"In production" only means they have your order and it is waiting to be "scheduled".
Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"In production" only means they have your order and it is waiting to be "scheduled".
That's what I think, but others are going to be disappointed if the terms are not consistent. snowcatxx87 certainly ordered a long time ago and their order could /should be scheduled by now.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So, I gather....if you willing to drop all packages and take th base XL model then you can have your truck on-time. Ordered my Lariot in 1st week of November and they haven't even finished the July orders?!
I didn't drop anything. XLT lux hybrid. 6/25 order. Was scheduled for 5/16 last month. Got an email for 5/23 this morning. It is what it is. I might have it in a year.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Marketing Department: 800-334-4375
Have your Order # and Dealer Code handy.
If you don’t have that info, they were able to give me mine so the next time I called, they were able to look things up easier.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I got the first email but not the second one. Also curious about terms. I've been "in production" via talking with Ford Customer Service for months. The magic word I'm looking for is "scheduled", but others seem to think "into production" means they are getting built.
Hey Micheal.....I fell into that trap with In production vs scheduled! Ford chat sent me a generic response about "in production" and I assumed WOW great! It was the weekend and I called Ford customer support 2 days later and was completely disappointed thinking I was "At the factory getting built. NOT !!!!! yes, SCHEDULED is the key!!

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Micheal.....I fell into that trap with In production vs scheduled! Ford chat sent me a generic response about "in production" and I assumed WOW great! It was the weekend and I called Ford customer support 2 days later and was completely disappointed thinking I was "At the factory getting built. NOT !!!!! yes, SCHEDULED is the key!!
I was thinking about our conversation when I wrote that. Didn't want to bust anyone's bubble, but...

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed - another October Hybrid order here and no email today (but I have received previous ones). Checked with Ford chat and still no VIN number or anything, but (hopelessly optimistically) wondering if we didn't get the email because we're up next to get scheduled...
Same here, no last two e-mailings XL no constraints, we may be potentials for scheduling as fill ins.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EXACTLY!!! More people need to read and understand this!
We understand.....but this is withdrawal therapy.. One can choose not to read the really. Bad cases. Just a thought.😂😂.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was fortunate enough to receive my hybrid XLT, 360 co, lux pkg on April 8. My dealer honored the MSRP on the original order and there were no hitches at signing. I am averaged over 40 mpg on my first tank and this 2nd tank seems to be doing even better. I am very pleased with it.
That being said, the communication from Ford was awful. I also wondered why people with the exact same order as I had and who had ordered after me, received their vehicle before. My dealer said allocations came into play on that. I guess the larger dealerships have more allocations or something.

As far as the people ordering and reselling, I wonder if they would have done it if used vehicles in general were not commanding such huge prices. Given that Mavericks are hard to come by, I have to admit I gave it some thought, but I am really glad I didn't do it. I love my Mav.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now, not wanting to confuse anyone.... :) But, IF you get a chat message that says: "In processing to be scheduled in the next available production period", you really are about to receive a build week!! Several of us who received this message were scheduled within days. Confused yet??

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry for the lack of attribution for this quote: "As a first time buyer for Ford I’m nothing short of disgusted with them. 11/13/21 xlt eco with lux off road and tow package with no build date or even an idea if it’ll be built this year. The run around game with the dealer and ford is the biggest joke in the industry. I’m currently shopping for another vehicle and when/if my maverick comes in I’ll just sell it to caravan so the local dealer can’t mark it up 7500. Ford motor company should be ashamed."

I have been buying Fords for 50 years and have always had good experiences. If the hybrid XLT I ordered in August is ever received, it will be off to Carvana, too. The same dealer family has an XL (with 360) available - they just want $10K over MSRP. My contacts with the dealer makes me think they want me to cancel my order so they can mark it up and sell it to someone else. Totally disgusted with the dealer and Ford.

It seems obvious that Ford has forgotten how to build cars, I mean how difficult is a spray in bed liner. I will just keep what I have, and hope that things improve over the next couple of years.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems obvious that Ford has forgotten how to build cars, I mean how difficult is a spray in bed liner. I will just keep what I have, and hope that things improve over the next couple of years.
I imagine a spray-in bed liner is not hard at all if you have the supplies. Do you think you could do a spray-in with no supplies?

Ford has forgotten how to build cars, you say? You know that Ford - like ALL manufacturers - uses a ton of suppliers to provide parts for their cars. Ford hasn't forgotten anything. You've forgotten what the world is like right now.

You guys need to stop being so ridiculous. It's not a good look.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I imagine a spray-in bed liner is not hard at all if you have the supplies. Do you think you could do a spray-in with no supplies?

Ford has forgotten how to build cars, you say? You know that Ford - like ALL manufacturers - uses a ton of suppliers to provide parts for their cars. Ford hasn't forgotten anything. You've forgotten what the world is like right now.

I guess Ford is building their cars in another world - perhaps Uranus? Because in the world where I live, planet Earth, I can get a SIBL from Line-X, or I can order the supplies from Amazon. I can have either by next week.

The only Maverick I have driven was at the dealer where I placed the order for my truck. It was in the shop for the Ford recall on SIBL. It had the SIBL. Ford drills holes in the bed - but doesn't stop there- they continue to drill the holes right on through the top of the gas tank. The dealer has to drop the gas tank and replace it. It is a lot of work to get the gas tank out, there are YouTube videos about the process. Of course the dealer's mechanics may have never pulled a Maverick gas tank before, so they get some valuable OJT, learning on your brand new vehicle.

It's not a good look.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah it’s not just Ford, the Chevrolet dealer in town has literally half a dozen new cars on the lot. Drove by the other day and thought they were closed down, but saw the lights were on in the showroom.

hpgirl127

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another email that tells us nothing we don't already know. How about giving us numbers. How many June orders are still pending? How many July orders are still pending? Aug? Sep?
Amen my maverick friend this email is utterly useless in conveying any REAL information
Give us some CONCRETE updates
Sponsored