Sponsored

Conspiracy Theories: "Mamboman is convinced Ford can't produce the new eCVT but wants cover from other people so he doesn't sound like a broken record

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They've only actually produced 139 eCVT transmissions and STARCOMMTREY1 has production dates for all of them.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've often wondered why small diesel engines aren't more of a thing here in the states. My brother had a golf diesel that got 40+ MPGs in the 90s. Combine that with biodiesel and it seems like a great solution.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Back to the thread... They aren't a thing because BIG gas companies.
Newer VW Diesels (common rail) are awesome highway cars, but if youā€™re trying to use it as a city car expect a lot of shop time.
Many folks, including myself, weā€™re having multiple DPF failures within a year due to minimal highway use.
After having Kerma modify their tune the issue seemed to be resolved but my wifeā€™s job went back into the office and with our toddler I needed a reliable city car. So I took advantage of the current market and essentially drive the car for free for 2 years.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theorists, if you think Ford canā€™t make a hybrid drivetrain work right, how do you explain their Ford Escapes, Fusions, C-Max? šŸ¤” They work, right? Itā€™s nearly the exact same drivetrain, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
may as well re-name this thread the "Mamboman is convinced Ford can't produce the new eCVT but wants cover from other people so he doesn't sound like a broken record" thread.
Hey! What a great idea. Admin, in fine with that.

Better yet, why don't we delete the thread entirely and go back to what I was doing before, which was randomly inserting my theories into other people's threads because, you know, it's better that way. šŸ‘šŸ‘

šŸ™„

Last edited:
OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theorists, if you think Ford canā€™t make a hybrid drivetrain work right, how do you explain their Ford Escapes, Fusions, C-Max? They work, right? Itā€™s nearly the exact same drivetrain, right?
Right, but it IS different in a couple big ways.

1. The new in house motor/transmission.

2. The price.

I think they're related, too. I think the new motor is part of the reason this hybrid is being offered at this price point. If the new motor costs too much, then this price point is unrealistic.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
New conspiracy:

Ford is actually building all of the trucks, and had most built. unfortunately they were sitting in a warehouse that was taken over by a Mexican drug cartel. Ransom is 100 pesos, but Ford is worried about the bottom line.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ™ƒšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Area 51 color is named after the location which the hybrid technology was actually developed. The hybrid is really a nuclear hybrid technology harvested from an alien spacecraft that gets 500 miles to the neutron.
The Aliens used German Technology!

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, but it IS different in a couple big ways.

1. The new in house motor/transmission.

2. The price.

I think they're related, too. I think the new motor is part of the reason this hybrid is being offered at this price point. If the new motor costs too much, then this price point is unrealistic.
The hybrid transmission has always been made at in house Van Dyke plant, at least for many years right?

And the price is a separate theory.

Sponsored

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey! What a great idea. Admin, in fine with that.

Better yet, why don't we delete the thread entirely and go back to what I was doing before, which was randomly inserting my theories into other people's threads because, you know, it's better than way. šŸ‘šŸ‘

šŸ™„
so, a conspiracy within a conspiracy...

OP
OP
mamboman777

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid transmission has always been made at in house Van Dyke plant, at least for many years right?
I think that's correct. The Traction motor is a new part and part of this newer transmission. It's a small upgrade, but still a new part being produced in house. Some modifications with the winding of the cables that makes it more powerful and efficient. It's also being produced in house, which makes it different in itself. Even if it is a small upgrade on a tried and true transmission, it's a different part that's being produced in a different location. Who knows what's going on with it. The only source that was providing any information about it has been silenced.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My theories, 1) During EPA testing the new in house electric motor ripped a hole in the space/time continuum or 2) they lost all the keys to the hybrids and are currently searching for them.

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's fair to say at this point that somethings gone wrong with hybrid drivetrain production and Ford's not able to resolve it anytime soon. That's not a conspiracy theory at all.

But did you know its because lizard people are intercepting critical component shipments that are coming in to the Port of Ensenada?
These are the same lizard-like people that live in the government-built tunnels that run from the right-coast to the left-coast! :alien:
Sponsored