Sponsored

Consensus On Maverick Bed Dimensions / Length?

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure its been discussed but what is the best guess on bed dimensions?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Somewhere between 4 and 5 feet, most likely somewhere around the middle.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m putting my guess at 54”

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully a rear slider to get longer stuff in when necessary

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
52-54 in seems extremely likely from the pictures we've seen. I'd guess 54 just so they can say 4.5 ft bed and keep it consistent with the short beds being: Maverick: 4.5 ft, Ranger: 5 ft, F150: 5.5 ft.

Sponsored

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
How much length does everyone think the tailgate will add to it when it is dropped down?

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There will be lots of aftermarket bed extenders. Would be nice if they offered a full rear glass power slider like Tundra has or even the ability to remove the rear glass like you can on Leer truck caps.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
How much length does everyone think the tailgate will add to it when it is dropped down?
Newbie question here, but are tailgates, and specifically the maverick's designed to hold someone if they wanna sit on them? or is that not usually recommended?

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many Subaru's
I wouldn't be surprised if the Maverick has some tailgate trickery up its sleeve, such as a tailgate extender when the gate is in the down position. That could extend the useful surface in a folded-down position from ~60" to ~78".

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, a bed extender. Ford makes them for Rangers and F series as do countless other manufacturers.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm talking about a built-in bed extender, that you'd pull out from the tailgate.
I've been thinking about this for awhile myself. My 1964 Ranchero used the same tailgate as the Falcon station wagon that had a power window in it but was fully functional as a tailgate in down position with window retracted. Window eliminated on Rancheros. Same with a 1970 Squire wagon our family owned. GM made a big splash with it's multi-function truck tailgates and even made you buy upper tier trucks just to get it- why not in the Maverick? The early leaked renderings of the Maverick tailgate had Maverick stamped into it, but these pre-production models we see doesn't have that. Could be a clue they needed more room between the skins for a magic tailgate extender? Structurally I'm not sure how you could make a simple slide out "platform" strong enough to hold much weight without bending from sitting on it or using a motorcycle ramp. Would be fine for carrying flat lumber or a dump run with branches, etc. Could be liability issues (or at least bad press) if it was cheesy and not safe or too useful.

So, maybe a flip open feature like old style cell phones effectively doubling it's length instead of slide out from inside tailgate?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like your “flip phone “ tailgate idea! I do think we’re still going to see Maverick on the tailgate, it’s just camouflaged in all the photo shots except for the one that was taken during a commercial shoot, and that one is blurry enough not to see details. I can’t imagine a Ford truck without I.D. on the tailgate.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My interest in the vehicle would be for hauling my dirt bike. I'd prefer a two door with a longer bed but a small flat rail type of sliding ramp would work. Maybe a two layer setup where the top section slides out to make a ramp and then once the bike is on it, slide it back in where the ramp gives you the extended lenght.
Sponsored