• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is the 2H active in the Ranger Raptor?

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Is the 2H active in the RRaptor? Initially I read it is a full time 4x4, then one review mentioned 2H is there.
Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
It defaults to 2H. Other drive modes change accordingly, like "slippery" mode puts it in 4A. Can change to any of the modes but have to toggle them manually and have to engage lockers through the infotainment screen.

OP
OP
81stfacp

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
It defaults to 2H. Other drive modes change accordingly, like "slippery" mode puts it in 4A. Can change to any of the modes but have to toggle them manually and have to engage lockers through the infotainment screen.
That's good to know. Thanks.

Most likely it will stay in that mode for me for most of my use till late elk season in the San Juan Mountains.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
If you are in a particular mode, the lockers will engage automatically and you don't need the touch screen. Off-road mode engages the rear locker by default. Rock crawl mode engages both front and rear lockers by default.

OP
OP
81stfacp

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
If you are in a particular mode, the lockers will engage automatically and you don't need the touch screen. Off-road mode engages the rear locker by default. Rock crawl mode engages both front and rear lockers by default.
In off-road mode, the rear lockers engaged automatically as you said, can you still engage the front from the screen if needed?

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That's good to know. Thanks.

Most likely it will stay in that mode for me for most of my use till late elk season in the San Juan Mountains.
I've heard that launching with 2H can get squirrely in the wet, so 4A could be used then. Also helpful if putting in a boat/trailer at a algae/slimy boat ramp or 4L w/lockers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
81stfacp

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
I've heard that launching with 2H can get squirrely in the wet, so 4A could be used then. Also helpful if putting in a boat/trailer at a algae/slimy boat ramp or 4L w/lockers.
Thank you.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
At each startup, the RR defaults back to 4Auto unless you select 'yes' to reverting back to the last drive mode used.
Per the Owners Manual:
1713447045108-qo.png

1713447645717-82.png
Hmmm, I don't recall enabling that and it does start in 2H every time. I used 4A with the rain this morning. I'll have to check what it does when I start it next.

I wish MyMode saved EVERYTHING, including Auto Start-Stop.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
The truck definitely puts itself back in 2H after every restart unless you select revert to another drive mode.

4A is a clutch based AWD system, I don't think its worth being in 4A unless you know you're going to need the traction. I really wish Ford had done a differential based system that could do true AWD with locking functionality.

JAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Hmmm, I don't recall enabling that and it does start in 2H every time. I used 4A with the rain this morning. I'll have to check what it does when I start it next.

I wish MyMode saved EVERYTHING, including Auto Start-Stop.
Well, maybe the Owners Manual isn't correct then.

The Owners Manual states that MyMode should be able to save the stop/start setting.
Since your experience is that this isn't happening, then it makes sense that maybe the Manual is wrong about the default drive setting too.
Sponsored