Sponsored

Conflicting information - My Dealership vs Ford Maverick Customer Support on Hybrid builds for 2022

callen4794

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition King Ranch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
dmccorkle33

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Last edited:

FatJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
I ordered my Maverick on Thursday, 11 Nov, and they didn’t say anything about it. The salesman was hinting that there may be a longer delay than if I went with the eco boost, but my order is still placed. I was told to expect about 8 weeks. I hope I don’t have to wait a year but I guess time will tell. Good luck with your orders everyone.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Maverick on Thursday, 11 Nov, and they didn’t say anything about it. The salesman was hinting that there may be a longer delay than if I went with the eco boost, but my order is still placed. I was told to expect about 8 weeks. I hope I don’t have to wait a year but I guess time will tell. Good luck with your orders everyone.
I think it is terrible that a Ford dealership would tell you 8 weeks delivery for a hybrid. But I also think it's wonderful that you know better.

FatJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
I think it is terrible that a Ford dealership would tell you 8 weeks delivery for a hybrid. But I also think it's wonderful that you know better.
I’m expecting possibly twice that amount of time given what I’ve read. If anyone is interested, I’ll post updates as they come.

Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m expecting possibly twice that amount of time given what I’ve read. If anyone is interested, I’ll post updates as they come.
I ordered mine on 11/1 (hybrid lariat lux with sunroof). They estimated 4 months or so for a build date and another 2 or 3 after that before I actually see it.

Seems in line with the 6 months or so I have heard others mention, so I'm guessing I'll see mine in May or so.

Think I might name my truck Patience when it finally arrives.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called my dealership - Bell Ford Phoenix, AZ. Was advised by my sales rep that no more Hybrid Mavericks will be built until Summer 2022. That I should change my order to an Eco-boost.

Called Ford Directly - Was advised that orders will start being processed again in early December to be built sometime after. (Kind of like what our experience has been watching people get their production dates) While they cannot guarantee delivery time frames they are still building Hybrids as quickly as possible but they are filling up their remaining availability to fulfill new Hybrid orders for 2022 year. They do not know why I was told this by my dealership. On a side note - One of the nicest Customer Service reps I have ever spoken to.

Not sure it would be worth my energy sending my dealership an email - correcting them. What are your thoughts?
No more will be ordered. IF your order is already in it WILP be built

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Called my dealership - Bell Ford Phoenix, AZ. Was advised by my sales rep that no more Hybrid Mavericks will be built until Summer 2022. That I should change my order to an Eco-boost.

Called Ford Directly - Was advised that orders will start being processed again in early December to be built sometime after. (Kind of like what our experience has been watching people get their production dates) While they cannot guarantee delivery time frames they are still building Hybrids as quickly as possible but they are filling up their remaining availability to fulfill new Hybrid orders for 2022 year. They do not know why I was told this by my dealership. On a side note - One of the nicest Customer Service reps I have ever spoken to.

Not sure it would be worth my energy sending my dealership an email - correcting them. What are your thoughts?
Why do people waste time calling the dealer, they do not care about giving correct information out They want to make a sale, and say anything to YOU and everyone else into the showroom and make a sale.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One of the better sources of what is happening with the Maverick. DO NOT LISTEN TO DEALERS !!!!! They want to make a sale, NOW, not months from now.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Good luck on that 8 week thing. I ordered 9/7 and some ordered in June.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exactly, they just don't want you looking elsewhere if something becomes available. Personally I'm more than happy to wait, the longer it takes the more money I can save for accessories before it arrives. I placed my order on the 4th of November and the salesman told me 3-4 months. I highly doubt it will be here in February or March, given how popular the truck appears to be. I would be surprised if it comes before May or June, given the raw materials shortages that are facing the industry.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered hybrid xlt 360 lux alto 27k mid June before the long line. Finally got a build Dec 4, then it got bumped to Dec 20. I expect the build will move again since Ford is not telling us why the hybrid still cannot be shipped even on built trucks. If I get it by mid Jan, that is a 7 month wait.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just ordered a Hybrid Lariat w/Lux yesterday, before the cut-off. Dealer indicated to plan on seeing her in May-June, however, they believe it may be earlier.
Sponsored