Sponsored

Conflicting information - My Dealership vs Ford Maverick Customer Support on Hybrid builds for 2022

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
Called my dealership - Bell Ford Phoenix, AZ. Was advised by my sales rep that no more Hybrid Mavericks will be built until Summer 2022. That I should change my order to an Eco-boost.

Called Ford Directly - Was advised that orders will start being processed again in early December to be built sometime after. (Kind of like what our experience has been watching people get their production dates) While they cannot guarantee delivery time frames they are still building Hybrids as quickly as possible but they are filling up their remaining availability to fulfill new Hybrid orders for 2022 year. They do not know why I was told this by my dealership. On a side note - One of the nicest Customer Service reps I have ever spoken to.

Not sure it would be worth my energy sending my dealership an email - correcting them. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would try calling other dealers too

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can if you want to, but it's probably not worth your time/trouble. Just remember this if they come up with something else. Either they don't know what's going on or they are liars and trying to make more money and get that money quicker by getting you to switch to ecoboost.

OP
OP
dmccorkle33

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
I wrote him an email because I couldn't resist. I have a day 1 reservation for a Ford Lightning that I also plan on buying. So if this guy doesn't respond right, I will take that order to another dealership.

I am not a patient person so I am taking this as an opportunity to grow a little and learn how to be patient. (As I grit my teeth and smile) At least that is what I am telling myself lol.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I wrote him an email because I couldn't resist. I have a day 1 reservation for a Ford Lightning that I also plan on buying. So if this guy doesn't respond right, I will take that order to another dealership.

I am not a patient person so I am taking this as an opportunity to grow a little and learn how to be patient. (As I grit my teeth and smile) At least that is what I am telling myself lol.
I’ve had good luck so far with Sanderson Ford, FWIW. Dunno that you can expect the level of hand holding some dealerships I’ve seen on the forum provide but they are honest so far.

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition

I've said it before and I'll say it again....the holy trinity of the very large majority of new and used car dealerships is....Deception, Inveiglement and Obfuscation!

I should know.....I sold cars 30 years ago until I realized my soul was turning Shadow Black!

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

A hybrid Mav AND a F150 Lightning?!

You be a Zen Buddhist level of patience when this is over.

Sponsored

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid today and my salesperson said they got an email from Ford saying not to order anymore hybrids after today.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The mildly annoying part of this is they wont actually cancel your order. The dealership will take delivery, mark it up and make a bigger profit. They likely WANT you to cancel to the point that might be their intention in telling you what they did.