Confirmed with dealer order not scheduled - production constraint

LIMav

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat on order
Just stopped by the dealer to confirm what I have been reading on this forum. My order placed in July will be delayed. Best estimate was Dec 2021-Feb 2022 for delivery.
Ordered a Lariat trim 2.5 L hybrid, Area 51, spray in bed liner, etc. Will have to extend the current lease again for at least 90 days or more.
No further info available from dealer at this time. I did however confirm that they are expecting 3-5 units delivered to dealership on or about Sept 27th, all 2.0 L, 8 speed models, no info on trim, probably XL or XLTs.
Frankly never ordered a car previous to this and not sure if I'll ever do this exercise again. Hopefully just a one off.
Sponsored

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are experiencing what happens when a whole new model is getting built. This wouldn’t happen if you were to order, let’s say, an escape. This is a whole new car and they are sourcing all new (or borrowed) parts and pieces from other manufacturers to get it built. Naturally some pieces and parts are slower or limited availability (hybrid system, spray in bedliner, etc) even if Ford doesn’t say so.

OP
OP
LIMav

LIMav

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat on order
I think you are experiencing what happens when a whole new model is getting built. This wouldn’t happen if you were to order, let’s say, an escape. This is a whole new car and they are sourcing all new (or borrowed) parts and pieces from other manufacturers to get it built. Naturally some pieces and parts are slower or limited availability (hybrid system, spray in bedliner, etc) even if Ford doesn’t say so.
Yeah I totally understand that, but the dealer (who I have been dealing with for last 10 years) kinda lead me to believe I'd be in this vehicle by Oct. I know it's not their fault, just frustrating is all.

Deleted member 1370

Just stopped by the dealer to confirm what I have been reading on this forum. My order placed in July will be delayed. Best estimate was Dec 2021-Feb 2022 for delivery.
Ordered a Lariat trim 2.5 L hybrid, Area 51, spray in bed liner, etc. Will have to extend the current lease again for at least 90 days or more.
No further info available from dealer at this time. I did however confirm that they are expecting 3-5 units delivered to dealership on or about Sept 27th, all 2.0 L, 8 speed models, no info on trim, probably XL or XLTs.
Frankly never ordered a car previous to this and not sure if I'll ever do this exercise again. Hopefully just a one off.
i got the ecoboost but with the spary in liner i expect a december delivery estimate as very possible as well. i can manage that and wait, and even till feb of 2022 but that would really suck. I think the spray in liner while a good option to have is gonna delay alot of orders unless soon the factories that make that material get back up and going faster again. My dealer has told me jack diddly squat about delivery time. But i too ordered in July. Atleast if its december of this year, we will get ours sometime this year. Fingers crossed however. Thanks for that info!

Maybe It's Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another Lariat hybrid order placed here in early July. Dealer has only said "late Fall". I can wait, but I don't want to. The longer it takes, the more I like the 2022 Frontier. The new Frontier was previously at the top of my wish list until I saw 40mpg from Ford's Maverick and that changed my tune.
Sponsored