Sponsored

Confessions: Wild ideas and inane questions. What’s yours?

CatsupGladiator

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dunno, I was leaning towards "Big Truck" by Coal Chamber, I can imagine all the strange looks, but I get a kick out of people's WTF expressions.
Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The brown lariat trim and door handles are really growing on me. I think I will swap my xlt parts out eventually. Maybe even add the black xl dash and door pieces too. It would make the brown trim really pop.

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Right now, I’m mainly obsessed with the cubby beside the radio. I don’t know why!
Not obsessed but I am trying to figure out how to use it as a GPS mount.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on getting a new vehicle! 20 years is long time! Maverica! Nice!! I've thought about Disidente. For my first song I'm going with Pick up Man by Joe Diffie! :ROFLMAO:
REALLY showing my age here... But in that Spanish song title category .... "Conquistador" :cool:

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I appreciated reading the comments in the thread, “Overall attitudes toward the process,” but I’m hoping for a lighter topic to brighten the mood. Or did I misread the room? I do that.

I’m single, I’m a teacher on summer break, and apparently I currently have few enough hobbies, responsibilities, or troubles to occupy my thoughts. So where does my mind keep wandering off to? Nobody cares? Well I’ll tell you anyway! I can’t wait for my first new vehicle in twenty years!

When contemplating my sweet new trucklette, I find I’m entertaining some wild ideas, (for me) and asking some pretty inane questions:
Should I add vintage white stripes down it’s alto blue flanks?
Should I purchase aftermarket wheels because those default Lariat luxury wheels are so shiny; even though I never once spared a thought for the wheels on my 2001 Civic?
What song should I play first?
What will I name her? Does Maverica sound Spanish? Would that be bad if it did?
Is there a cordless vacuum that also serves as a blower that fits in the under-seat storage so I can detail my new baby twice daily?

There. My session is over. The burden has been lifted, or at least shared. Anyone else want to admit to harboring brilliant ideas that somehow lost their shine after a good night’s rest?
I always use "Hey Nineteen" to test System.... It has enough highs, mids and bass with punch to let me know

Sponsored

GApeach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, I hear ya! I have a 23 year old SLK 230, owned since new so I am really excited about my new Mav hybrid. My SLK isn’t going anywhere tho, she’s my baby!

My Mav isn’t even on the build radar but I’m already spending hours trying to work on fitting her into my garage. Lawn mower, recycle bin, trash bin, tools, SLK, so much stuff in there.

Also taking up my thought processes is which of my Mickey antenna toppers should I go with first…

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First song: ALWAYS…Main Title from Star Wars: A New Hope. Then, Eric Church LIVE Caught in the Act Album.

Right now, I’m mainly obsessed with the cubby beside the radio. I don’t know why!
First song? Whatever is currently playing on 99.5 The Wolf.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha! Good thread. I am currently obsessing over paint protection, waxes, detailing…. I have a feeling I will be dropping some coin on detailing products. This is our first new car (individually and as a married couple) and we have driven some clunkers…. So pretty excited to keep it looking nice! 😊
This is my first new truck since 2008, I've owned a few new Harleys, but I'm going to put effort into keep my truck looking good, like I do my bikes. I've been mostly using Harley brand polishes etc, but I'm going with Adam's Polishes for my Maverick.

Update: I used some of my Adam's Polish products on my saddlebags and WOW what a difference!! Now I have to do the rest of the bike!

Last edited:

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my first new truck since 2008, I've owned a few new Harleys, but I'm going to put effort into keep my truck looking good, like I do my bikes. I've been mostly using Harley brand polishes etc, but I'm going with Adam's Polishes for my Maverick.
Yes. I’ve read good things about adams. Not ready to do my own paint correction but maybe I’ll get there! Probably will go with their wax or coating.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The brown lariat trim and door handles are really growing on me. I think I will swap my xlt parts out eventually. Maybe even add the black xl dash and door pieces too. It would make the brown trim really pop.
I think the Lariat looks nice, too, thought I think the XLT looks better. But if you are thinking of changing the seats, you might consider going the Katzkin route and get actual leather instead of the vinyl of the Lariat trim. *ahem* sorry, I meant "ActiveX".

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I’ve read good things about adams. Not ready to do my own paint correction but maybe I’ll get there! Probably will go with their wax or coating.
Their Americana wax is nice. I’ve been using the H2O gloss & guard for 2 yrs now and love it, along with their blue soap!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If in doubt, Adam's has a video library with everything you need to do what you want to do to clean your ride and shine er up.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If in doubt, Adam's has a video library with everything you need to do what you want to do to clean your ride and shine er up.
I did my Road King Special's saddlebags and side covers today with my Adam's products and learned a few things along the way.
1. Budget more time for the whole process! It took me about 3 hours to wash, dry, clay, wax, prep, then apply ceramic spray. Doing my Maverick might take as long or longer, but because my saddlebags are not the easiest thing to handle without making a mistake it was more time consuming than I expected.
2. The soap is very foamy so a little goes a long way!
3. Iron Remover, certainly worth it. Amazing what came off in the rinse.
4. The clay mitten and detail spray makes that part very easy to do and the results...(y)
5.Wax, I only had Turtle Carnauba wax on hand (I thought I had Adam's) still it looked awesome after buffing it out.
6. Ceramic prep and Ceramic application was the easiest and fastest part of the whole process. It really locked in the mirror finish, I was really amazed at how deep and vibrant my paint looks!
My Road King Special has a limited edition Black Jack Metallic paint, which was still factory new looking so I didn't need to do any paint corrections on these parts. Now when I go to do my gas tank and front fender, I'm sure that I'll need to fix surface scratches before I do the wax job.
I'm going to use SgtLip's advice and watch some of the how to video's on Adam's just to make sure I'm doing the process correctly and not missing any vital steps. This is my first time putting some real effort into keeping my paint factory nice, beyond the occasional wash and wax.
Lastly, I did all of this by hand. I don't have a dual action polisher. I'm still debating whether I should spring for one. I have an orbital sander that I could Velcro pads onto, but I'm not sure if the adjustable speed would be too little or too much and just bollocks the whole thing up. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my results! So Ford, please build my Maverick, I'm ready!! :ROFLMAO:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
First song? Whatever is currently playing on 99.5 The Wolf.
Should be Moby in the morning ( I know he already psssed) but certainly not KRLD, they play the worst music, it is so bad it sounds like old guys reciting the news of the day.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did my Road King Special's saddlebags and side covers today with my Adam's products and learned a few things along the way.
1. Budget more time for the whole process! It took me about 3 hours to wash, dry, clay, wax, prep, then apply ceramic spray. Doing my Maverick might take as long or longer, but because my saddlebags are not the easiest thing to handle without making a mistake it was more time consuming than I expected.
2. The soap is very foamy so a little goes a long way!
3. Iron Remover, certainly worth it. Amazing what came off in the rinse.
4. The clay mitten and detail spray makes that part very easy to do and the results...(y)
5.Wax, I only had Turtle Carnauba wax on hand (I thought I had Adam's) still it looked awesome after buffing it out.
6. Ceramic prep and Ceramic application was the easiest and fastest part of the whole process. It really locked in the mirror finish, I was really amazed at how deep and vibrant my paint looks!
My Road King Special has a limited edition Black Jack Metallic paint, which was still factory new looking so I didn't need to do any paint corrections on these parts. Now when I go to do my gas tank and front fender, I'm sure that I'll need to fix surface scratches before I do the wax job.
I'm going to use SgtLip's advice and watch some of the how to video's on Adam's just to make sure I'm doing the process correctly and not missing any vital steps. This is my first time putting some real effort into keeping my paint factory nice, beyond the occasional wash and wax.
Lastly, I did all of this by hand. I don't have a dual action polisher. I'm still debating whether I should spring for one. I have an orbital sander that I could Velcro pads onto, but I'm not sure if the adjustable speed would be too little or too much and just bollocks the whole thing up. Otherwise, I'm very happy with my results! So Ford, please build my Maverick, I'm ready!! :ROFLMAO:
EXCELLENT. Glad you were able to practice and received good results. Oh, a little soap goes a long way. I've learned ALL of Adam's products are like that.

The varable speed would work. My wife bought me an Adam's orbital polisher for Christmas. It has different settings on it. Their buff pads are all velcro as well so that would work unless it is ONLY high speed. You want both highs and low speeds.

I typically start around 8-9AM and get done after 5PM. And that is ONLY the exterior. The interior is another half a day. All I can say is thank God it's not an every week task. Once a month I waterless wash it and every other month I 3 bucket wash.
Sponsored