First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have experience with color matched spray-in bed liners? My Area 51 XLT Hybrid is scheduled for a December build and I'm still trying to decide what to do for bed protection. I kind of like the idea of a "stealth" bed liner. Anyone tried something like that before? Do you think it would look good in Area 51?
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Line-X has a colored product. Just need to supply the, the color code. I've seen it in a few trucks, but don't know anyone who has had it done.

https://linex.com/bedliners/xtra

OP
OP

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks like with Line-X custom colors are only available in their most expensive product. Anyone know if it is different for Bullet liners? Those seem to be brands everyone likes best. I'll just go with black if using a color is significantly more expensive.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I'd consider it if you get some sort of a bed cover or aren't concerned about fading. Line-X Xtra looks good for a couple years but then starts to noticeably differ in color to the rest of the vehicle.

Also keep in mind that Line-X isn't as glossy as the body paint, so while the pigment might be there to technically match the color, the lack of gloss will not make the Line-X look as wet/rich/deep as the rest of the vehicle.

Black bed liners hide imperfections like small dings since you can't see the shadows as easily or at all.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Velocity Blue on order, considering a light grey spray liner. Less fading issues and shows less dirt than black.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd consider it if you get some sort of a bed cover or aren't concerned about fading. Line-X Xtra looks good for a couple years but then starts to noticeably differ in color to the rest of the vehicle.

Also keep in mind that Line-X isn't as glossy as the body paint, so while the pigment might be there to technically match the color, the lack of gloss will not make the Line-X look as wet/rich/deep as the rest of the vehicle.

Black bed liners hide imperfections like small dings since you can't see the shadows as easily or at all.
Yeah, I'm with you. It may actually be better to use a whole different contrasting color than to try to match the exact Ford Maverick color. As it will always look off because of texture and finish/sheen.