First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else interested in this? Who wants to be the first to pull the shocks/struts and do some measuring? I would volunteer but didn't order my maverick until the end of November so... There are likely already shocks that are the right specs to raise the truck 1-2". They just have to be found. If it's coilovers you want, then I think a company that works with unibody vehicles like flatout suspension or the likes would be best. They make some sweet rallycross/gravel covers for lots of cars
Sponsored

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
Anyone else interested in this? Who wants to be the first to pull the shocks/struts and do some measuring? I would volunteer but didn't order my maverick until the end of November so... There are likely already shocks that are the right specs to raise the truck 1-2". They just have to be found. If it's coilovers you want, then I think a company that works with unibody vehicles like flatout suspension or the likes would be best. They make some sweet rallycross/gravel covers for lots of cars
I talked to one of the tech guys at RC for like 45 mins the other day (im kind of a suspension nerd), about the kit they have currently. He said they specifically designed the kit they have now the way they did, with the "preload" spacer and the strut top spacer. (see the other posts in this forum) Anyways, he had mentioned, that they have already R&D'd a lift strut for the maverick, but are just waiting for manufacturing to come through. So this will be an option in the hopefully not to distant future.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont expect my maverick till fall but I am more anxious for this to come out!

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked to one of the tech guys at RC for like 45 mins the other day (im kind of a suspension nerd), about the kit they have currently. He said they specifically designed the kit they have now the way they did, with the "preload" spacer and the strut top spacer. (see the other posts in this forum) Anyways, he had mentioned, that they have already R&D'd a lift strut for the maverick, but are just waiting for manufacturing to come through. So this will be an option in the hopefully not to distant future.
The Bronco Sport and the Maverick have the same suspension so it is just a matter of time before they have parts for the truck. I am making some of my own suspension parts because I just can't handle the markup. For instance, a 4' piece of schedule 40 1" black iron tubing is under $10 but they are charging $120 to have one that is powder coated and a couple of bungs welded to the ends. I am making my own out of schedule 80 and it will still be under $30 after the powder coating.
Sponsored