First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve owned vehicles since I was 17 years old and all of them have had cloth seats up until I bought a hybrid Maverick Lariat at the end of October. I either couldn’t afford vehicles with leather seats or had this perception they would crack over time, be ice cold in winter, or hot and sweaty in the summer.

When this Lariat with brown Active X material came available at the end of October, I was skeptical still, but bought it anyway. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised how clean they are and how easy it is to wipe off.

With all of my vehicles with cloth seats, it was nearly impossible to get perfectly clean, no matter what vacuum I used. There would always be something that would be caught in the material. Stains were another story. I’m a coffee drinker, and there would be times I’d spill coffee on the seats. That was hard to remove.

Just a simple wipe with a damp cloth easily removes spillage on the Active X material.

The inside of my truck is easier to keep clean, and from this point forward, I won’t be buying any future vehicles with cloth seats.
Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looking forward to the easy maintenance and the black ones look sharp in the pictures. Luxury brands have had a man made covering for decades like MB Tex. Genesis has a man made product unless you get to the top trim levels. I looked into an Explorer on a dealer lot that had black ActiveX and it looked good.

OP
OP
RonR1959

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife says seat covers are cheesy, but I‘m planning on adding them when I get my XL. First time for me not having leather in a new ride.
They are cheesy if they’re run of the mill cheap seat covers that are universal and sold at parts stores and big box stores. There are custom made leather or leather like seat covers that are made for the Maverick that look awesome! A little expensive, but very nice looking!

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ActiveX is surprisingly nice. It's soft and comfy and looks great - like real leather. We'll see how it holds up over time, but so far it's way better than the cloth seats in my old car.

MAVMANXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those aren't leather seats they are pleather plastic leather and if you want to keep your seats clean by seat covers

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first experience was in my wife's Escape. I was skeptical at first but I have zero complaints.

Jonathan Harris

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife says seat covers are cheesy, but I‘m planning on adding them when I get my XL. First time for me not having leather in a new ride.
Leatherseats.com fit very nicely and are equal to or better than oem quality. Highly recommend them.

Sponsored

Haroldb007

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc pickup
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I to have had leather for many years, i was impressed with the color and comfort of my XL seats, bought a can of scotch guard and applied 3 coats on the entire cloth ,front and rear,don't know how long it will last in a vehicle, but it now beads liquid. I'm going with them for a while.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wanted an XLT instead of a lariat because I like the XLT interior colors and wheels over the lariat interior colors and wheels. I didn't want to put seat covers on because I like the look of the navy pier cloth, and I couldn't find seat covers that matched the interior colors. So to protect my seats, I got towel seat covers that are very quick and easy to install and remove. They slide on and off the headrest. They are also machine washable.

A very easy way to protect my seats.
Leader Accessories 2pcs... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JJT76PN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Ford Maverick Cloth seats vs. ActiveX seats feedback PXL_20230131_233025940
Ford Maverick Cloth seats vs. ActiveX seats feedback PXL_20230131_233039841

In the back I'm using a dog seat cover because the bench seat towel cover didn't have a way to access the pull down middle seat cup holders.
Ford Maverick Cloth seats vs. ActiveX seats feedback PXL_20230131_233116701

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Leatherseats.com fit very nicely and are equal to or better than oem quality. Highly recommend them.
This is from leatherseats.com I will say the leather is much more soft than the ActiveX seat - there is natural graining on the leather as well that you dont get with the pleather but the factory Lariat seats are durable I would say.

Ford Maverick Cloth seats vs. ActiveX seats feedback leather seat

The original and Leatherseats replacement

Ford Maverick Cloth seats vs. ActiveX seats feedback 2022-12-20 17.45.17

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat