stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Humm, non functional and adds drag, not in the cards on my hybrid but it's your truck, I'd rather do functional upgrades.
+1. No different than all of those adding larger aggressive tires or lifts, who have no intention of off-roading (not that a Maverick is really capable of serious off-roading regardless of how much it is lifted or how big the tires are). I prefer to not pay to make my vehicle less efficient in the name of a look, but we may be outnumbered on this one.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
+1. No different than all of those adding larger aggressive tires or lifts, who have no intention of off-roading (not that a Maverick is really capable of serious off-roading regardless of how much it is lifted or how big the tires are). I prefer to not pay to make my vehicle less efficient in the name of a look, but we may be outnumbered on this one.
I do not disagree, I don‘t see much of this for myself. But for those that do I really enjoy seeing it on these pickups. The cool thing is there are accessories if you want them.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OLD FART!!!! You made it here from FRF?? Awesome!
No manure, putting Cat Protector plates on our fleet of Prii, someday somebody will curse me there too.

Sponsored

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not see a view from the drivers seat with the hood scoop installed.
Installed after watching Air Design u tube.
This was installed to reduce glare from the hood due to my retina surgery,
I like the hood scoop and the reduction of glare, it did the trick.

Ford Maverick Closer look at Satin Black Hood Scoop installed on Maverick Hood Scoop View from IMG_2650

Last edited:

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I see you have a XLT. Why are your outside mirrors color keyed to your truck? That is standard on a Lariat but not a XLT. Did you do that and how? Thanks.
You get the color keyed mirrors with the Lux package on the XLT.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see you have a XLT. Why are your outside mirrors color keyed to your truck? That is standard on a Lariat but not a XLT. Did you do that and how? Thanks.
Part of the XLT Lux package.

Sponsored

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to see Buchar drill a hole in his hood slap one of these on there and let us know if the added cool air helps on the dyno. If so I am willing to drill a hole in my hood and buy one!
Looks good!

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Question, does this effect hood flutter like the bug guard? I really like the look and will be putting one on my hybrid.. Does it have any problem sticking to the hood? I will be having mine installed at dealer for the 3 year warranty so not to worried about it but others might. Any added noise or anything else you can think of that might be a concern to be aware of? Thanks.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the cyber orange one that was painted to match looks much better than this one in black. Just my opinion.

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question, does this effect hood flutter like the bug guard? I really like the look and will be putting one on my hybrid.. Does it have any problem sticking to the hood? I will be having mine installed at dealer for the 3 year warranty so not to worried about it but others might. Any added noise or anything else you can think of that might be a concern to be aware of? Thanks.
The Maverick had no hood flutter before or after the scoop installation. I didn't notice any extra noise with the scoop installed. The scoop is fixed to the hood with double sided tape and a bead of 3M 530 adhesive on all 4 sides. Cleaned the hood with alcohol and acetone before install.
Sponsored