AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My $.02 is to actually remove the 7 pin connector before you even attempt to install it. Then use a Dremel as previously mentioned and cut out a little bit at a time. I actually went a little too far on the bottom left corner of mine, but it's not very noticeable.

IMG_6316.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
Did you dremel the PIN-portion after you installed the cover? A little at a time until the connector fit back in appropriatley?
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sooo...how much to make me one?
not sure HOW I just seen this 4 month old post, sorry............I would charge you exactly $0 to cut it out for you if needed. I'm hearing finding the piece from the dealer isn't as hard as it used to be.

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not sure HOW I just seen this 4 month old post, sorry............I would charge you exactly $0 to cut it out for you if needed. I'm hearing finding the piece from the dealer isn't as hard as it used to be.
I am very interested in this....I have the larger 7-pin connector and already have the cover in my possession. DM me?

Toinky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've decided to try to 3d print the part. I can get the dimensions easily. However, I can't see how it actually attaches. Could someone who has the OEM part share what keeps it in place? Pics of the part not on the vehicle would be ideal.

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've decided to try to 3d print the part. I can get the dimensions easily. However, I can't see how it actually attaches. Could someone who has the OEM part share what keeps it in place? Pics of the part not on the vehicle would be ideal.
there are tabs that kind of snap in along the edges, and then there's a place on the bottom corners that line up with the bumper cover for a nut/bolt, zip tie, etc (I used the push clips I removed during mudflap install) to connect it to the bumper cover. If the piece wasn't such a PIA to put back in, I would remove mine. Someone without a hitch should be able to remove the panel and snap a photo of it for you

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how much do you want for it shipped?
Sponsored