Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When we had our CMax I asked
"why do hybrid cars have a 12v battery?"
Never got a good answer, researched a few minutes ago
still no good answer :oops:

SO, why does ford still use a 12v battery when the HVB charges the 12v battery?
Simplest explanation I found:

"Most hybrid vehicles, like the Toyota Prius, have two batteries. A smaller 12 Volt auxiliary battery, and the much larger high voltage Hybrid System Battery. The purpose of the 12V, is to power the computer and accessories when the hybrid system is not in Ready Mode, and to assist in starting the vehicle."

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
When we had our CMax I asked
"why do hybrid cars have a 12v battery?"
Never got a good answer, researched a few minutes ago
still no good answer :oops:

SO, why does ford still use a 12v battery when the HVB charges the 12v battery?
My guess is. If you are driving on the open road or sitting a long time and your hybrid battery gets on the low side you still have your fully regular battery for your lights, starting, accessories, etc.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even most full EVs still retain a 12V battery. It allows the HV battery to be physically disconnected when not running while the accessories can still function and the computer can control the relays to connect the HVB. Also a 12V battery acts like a capacitor to help smooth the 12V power feed.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Suprising that nothing has changed in 10+ yrs.

I think I'll
Simplest explanation I found:

"Most hybrid vehicles, like the Toyota Prius, have two batteries. A smaller 12 Volt auxiliary battery, and the much larger high voltage Hybrid System Battery. The purpose of the 12V, is to power the computer and accessories when the hybrid system is not in Ready Mode, and to assist in starting the vehicle."

My guess is. If you are driving on the open road or sitting a long time and your hybrid battery gets on the low side you still have your fully regular battery for your lights, starting, accessories, etc.
Even most full EVs still retain a 12V battery. It allows the HV battery to be physically disconnected when not running while the accessories can still function and the computer can control the relays to connect the HVB. Also a 12V battery acts like a capacitor to help smooth the 12V power feed.
start a new thread about the need for a 12v battery, when the hvb does all the starting charging and is more than capable of running all the light, computers etc.
Thanks

BGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Frontier
A few orange accents on the vents looks ok, but that blast of orange on the center console? Too much. The brown version looks better. Then a blue interior on a red truck? Who was the color designer here? I don't like the gray colors we've been stuck with for the exteriors in recent years but if there's a place for neutral colors to better coordinate with a variety of exterior colors it on the interior of a vehicle IMHO.
Agree. The orange in the center consule is too much. I'm already counting on replacing them with the black pieces from an XL down the line if I can't get used to them

Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Wow, I didn't realize how... blue the interior was. It reminds me of my dads early 90's Ford interior. I'm not sure how I feel going with a Hot Pepper Red exterior and a Dark Brown/Dark Blue interior with bronze/brown accents :LOL:

Ford Maverick Chicago Pics: 2022 Maverick Interior, Underhood / Engine, Rear Sliding Window, 4x4 Studs, Spare Tire, Undercarriage, Trailer Brake Controller 1988-f150-interior

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The size of the rear window is drastically different from the XLT photos to the Lariat photos. I wonder how long it will be until we get a solid final answer on the dimensions of the window.

Soups7

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350, 2008 Ford Ranger, 2011 Harley FLTRX
Wow, fantastic pictures! I was in Chicago, got to sit-in and explore the XLT that was outside. Learned so much more on this thread. Thanks.

The 4K package as listed is only for the 2.0L. Does anyone know if there is a factory "Transmission Oil Cooler" available for the CVT? And, can the "Higher Capacity Radiator" and "Upgraded Cooling Fan" be ordered separately for the hybrid model?

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is that switch/control on the Lariat trim between the 12v and the USB ports?
The switch is the power sliding rear window.

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they tried to wrap this bezel, and the vinyl is sagging in the interior heat?

HRG

Interior Pics Maverick XLT Hybrid Interior Pics 2 (2).jpg
That is a molded texture in the gray material. It runs across the whole dash. You can see it more clearly in other pictures on the passengers side by the vent. Also it's in the door panels above the arm rest.

Sponsored

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I didn't realize how... blue the interior was. It reminds me of my dads early 90's Ford interior. I'm not sure how I feel going with a Hot Pepper Red exterior and a Dark Brown/Dark Blue interior with bronze/brown accents :LOL:

1988-f150-interior.jpg
I owned a 1989 OLDS 88 with similar interior color

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I owned a 1989 OLDS 88 with similar interior color
I think if they are going to limit the interior colors to one option they should have gone to a gray/black combo so as to be compatible with any exterior color.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think if they are going to limit the interior colors to one option they should have gone to a gray/black combo so as to be compatible with any exterior color.
AGREE!

Guy_Montag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Maverick XLT Hybrid not have an Induction charger (Wireless charger, or whatever it's called), while the EcoBoost does? that seems backwards, not to mention disappointing, I wasnt aware of this in June when I ordered my Maverick.
Sponsored