First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pictures! Since I've ordered an XLT I really appreciate the up close pictures. Almost as good as seeing in person, almost!
Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is not necessary on a hybrid. The vehicle will move (and usually get up to speed) before the engine starts.
Thanks for the clarity. That will help in my final decision along with a test drive.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The engine only starts when needed on a Hybrid as opposed to only stopping while stopped on the start/stop 2.0L. The engine will stop on the Hybrid coasting, light pedal launches, etc. So, no, this is a core function of the Hybrid so there is no deactivate switch.
Thanks for the clarity. That will help in my final decision along with a test drive.

I just realized that as a working guy at times I used to be assigned a Toyota Prius from fleet services when my Fusion went in for service. So..... the drive should be very similar to the Prius - correct? I didn’t pay much attention to the Toyota as it was infrequent usage. Guess I’ve been retired to long and didn’t remember!

Last edited:

kcirevam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Jeep, MINI
Engine
Undecided
Almost looks like strut bar mounts under the hood.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the picture of back seat open with seat back! I hope they wire all trucks to where the inverter is so we can add a better inverter with other capabilities for More flexibility and uses.

The inverter supplied is lacking and it would be a great diy for power

Sponsored

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the print says it. Pictures don’t show it. Hopefully it’s just pre-production missing it.
Here is my guess, there is a blank button on the HVAC controls, I bet that's for the rear defrost, maybe they didn't have the glass ready yet.

NerdLefty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4
Seeing the orange accent on the XLT, I'm glad I went with Cactus Grey instead of Area 51. I feel like the color change won't be as jarring when you open the door to get in...

Catman

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
In the very first photo between the XLT badge and front tire, in the fender crease it appears there is apiece of mini rope light. What is that ? Same goes for the rocker panel below the door.

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
Here is my guess, there is a blank button on the HVAC controls, I bet that's for the rear defrost, maybe they didn't have the glass ready yet.
That’s what I’m thinking too.

Sponsored

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does the max defrost button do? Could that be front and rear defrost together? Also, what’s the button left of the max defrost?

Also, left of the steering wheel below the headlight controls, what are those +\- buttons for?

Some of the plastic interior in these pics are already scraped up good, wonder how it’ll actually hold up over time.

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
so it looks like the gas lid is opened from the inside? thats good to hear:)
Ford Maverick Chicago Pics: 2022 Maverick Interior, Underhood / Engine, Rear Sliding Window, 4x4 Studs, Spare Tire, Undercarriage, Trailer Brake Controller erior-pics-maverick-xlt-hybrid-interior-pics-2-

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does the max defrost button do? Could that be front and rear defrost together? Also, what’s the button left of the max defrost?

Also, left of the steering wheel below the headlight controls, what are those +\- buttons for?

Some of the plastic interior in these pics are already scraped up good, wonder how it’ll actually hold up over time.
The button to the left of Max Defrost is for the heated mirrors. I’m thinking the + - buttons are to make the instrument panel lights brighter and dimmer.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the lower part of this photo is the trailer brake controller. The upper, near the other lighting controls, is dash lights.

Ford Maverick Chicago Pics: 2022 Maverick Interior, Underhood / Engine, Rear Sliding Window, 4x4 Studs, Spare Tire, Undercarriage, Trailer Brake Controller 8F5BE854-CA54-4AEA-9934-D8C4766257ED
Sponsored