Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely not a vinyl wrapped part..

When you see the design in combination with the similar pattern/texture on the doors, it flows a little better and looks more cohesive.

1626536157571.png
1626536171576.png
Thanks for this, seeing them together does feel more cohesive, I'm not as apprehensive of it as I was minutes ago.
Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

When you see the design in combination with the similar pattern/texture on the doors, it flows a little better and looks more cohesive.

1626536157571.png
1626536171576.png
Thanks! I guess I never noticed it on the door panels.

HRG

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB

1626536157571.png
1626536171576.png

My guess is they were in a hurry for a presentation of some kind and they didn't have time for a full AA rendering, so they just used a fractal rendering. Some big wig probably said "Hey, I like that. Is that how it's going to look?" To which the presenters said "Uhhh... Yeah."

I'm not sure how I am going to feel about it, but I'm just going to tell people it is that way for improved inside acoustics and outside noise dampening. Some of my friends will believe anything. 😁

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few orange accents on the vents looks ok, but that blast of orange on the center console? Too much. The brown version looks better. Then a blue interior on a red truck? Who was the color designer here? I don't like the gray colors we've been stuck with for the exteriors in recent years but if there's a place for neutral colors to better coordinate with a variety of exterior colors it on the interior of a vehicle IMHO.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few orange accents on the vents looks ok, but that blast of orange on the center console? Too much. The brown version looks better. Then a blue interior on a red truck? Who was the color designer here? I don't like the gray colors we've been stuck with for the exteriors in recent years but if there's a place for neutral colors to better coordinate with a variety of exterior colors it on the interior of a vehicle IMHO.
Have you seen the Bronco interiors on some trims? LOL

Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the detailed shots. QUESTION:
I see no STOP/START override switch on the hybrid engine XLT.
It is quite clear on the 2.0 Lariat. Is there confirmation on this that I have not seen?
It would make sense if they dropped that switch on the hybrid to maximize economy. I hope not as I want the option to override it daily.....

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are great! Thank you so much!

I was wondering where the subwoofer would be located on the B&O system and you can see that behind the passenger rear seat. You can also see the power rear window regulator as well.

I’m beginning to think the Lariat does not have a rear window defogger. There are no defogger wires showing in the rear glass in any pics and there is no rear defogger button on the climate control. Just a button for the heated outside mirrors. Usually the image on the button shows both the rear defogger and heated mirrors or just the rear defogger image. Guess we’ll see once our trucks start delivering.
Thanks again for the great pics!
I swear I saw that the back window had a defrost somewhere....

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are great! Thank you so much!

I was wondering where the subwoofer would be located on the B&O system and you can see that behind the passenger rear seat. You can also see the power rear window regulator as well.

I’m beginning to think the Lariat does not have a rear window defogger. There are no defogger wires showing in the rear glass in any pics and there is no rear defogger button on the climate control. Just a button for the heated outside mirrors. Usually the image on the button shows both the rear defogger and heated mirrors or just the rear defogger image. Guess we’ll see once our trucks start delivering.
Thanks again for the great pics!
Trim comparison paperwork ford has says this for the Lariat trim as standard....

" Power-sliding rear window with defroster and privacy glass"

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1626536157571.png
1626536171576.png
I think this design gives a sense of handcraft to the modern interior.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is quite clear on the 2.0 Lariat. Is there confirmation on this that I have not seen?
It would make sense if they dropped that switch on the hybrid to maximize economy. I hope not as I want the option to override it daily.....
The engine only starts when needed on a Hybrid as opposed to only stopping while stopped on the start/stop 2.0L. The engine will stop on the Hybrid coasting, light pedal launches, etc. So, no, this is a core function of the Hybrid so there is no deactivate switch.

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
It is not necessary on a hybrid. The vehicle will move (and usually get up to speed) before the engine starts.

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
Trim comparison paperwork ford has says this for the Lariat trim as standard....

" Power-sliding rear window with defroster and privacy glass"
I read that too in all the print, but the pictures show otherwise. I don’t see anything in the Lariat pictures showing an actual defroster included. Maybe the pre-production units don’t have it. We will see soon!

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
I swear I saw that the back window had a defrost somewhere....
All the print says it. Pictures don’t show it. Hopefully it’s just pre-production missing it.
Sponsored