Sponsored

Chicago area dealer who will honor MSRP on 2023 order?

Gadgetwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 VW Golf GLS TDI 210k mi, manual
I'm in Madison.

If you don't want to go to Granger, IA (which I'm strongly considering if I decide to order again), Rosen Ford in Belleville, WI has been pretty good so far. My Mav hasn't actually come in yet. so we'll see if they try to pull a bunch of s**t at pick up. But they've listened to me when I asked them to stop trying to upsell me on addons.

Also, they didn't do the whole paternalistic "oh let's help the little lady figure out how do a big complicated truck order thing" either so lots of extra points there.

They do have two mavericks on their lot, both EcoBoost that are listed at 10k over MSRP on their website, but I have a complete documented out the door price from them on my order and they are not pulling any s**t on me.

Good luck finding a decent dealer closer.
Sponsored

Brianc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford escape
I second Hamblock Ford in Belvidere. MSRP and very good to work with.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello! Glad to be a member. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a dealer in the Chicagoland area who was easy to deal with, who I could start a dialogue with prior to the 2023 order book opening up? It looks like Highland Park Ford has good reviews in general, and my nearby dealer Golf Mill Ford isn't exactly well received.
My dealer, Willowbrook Ford, will honor MSRP but is a ways from you in sw Chicagoland.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in Madison.

If you don't want to go to Granger, IA (which I'm strongly considering if I decide to order again), Rosen Ford in Belleville, WI has been pretty good so far. My Mav hasn't actually come in yet. so we'll see if they try to pull a bunch of s**t at pick up. But they've listened to me when I asked them to stop trying to upsell me on addons.

Also, they didn't do the whole paternalistic "oh let's help the little lady figure out how do a big complicated truck order thing" either so lots of extra points there.

They do have two mavericks on their lot, both EcoBoost that are listed at 10k over MSRP on their website, but I have a complete documented out the door price from them on my order and they are not pulling any s**t on me.

Good luck finding a decent dealer closer.
Yeah, that's the thing, isn't it? I haven't received mine yet and my dealer seems nice and all, will answer all my questions as best he can, and always will email me with an answer he has to look up but when it the day finally comes will it go smoothly or do I have to battle.

The dealership is close to my workplace so every week or so I stop in at lunchtime and see how it's going. For almost a year now.

Last edited:

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer, Willowbrook Ford, will honor MSRP but is a ways from you in sw Chicagoland.
Will they sell orders for MSRP? Last time I was there, they had a Maverick in their showroom, and wanted eight or nine grand above MSRP. They had two Broncos with over MSRP stickers in their windows too.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will they sell orders for MSRP? Last time I was there, they had a Maverick in their showroom, and wanted eight or nine grand above MSRP. They had two Broncos with over MSRP stickers in their windows too.
Showroom stock will have ADM's. Most dealers will order at MSRP. 2 different things, but be prepared to wait a year for it to arrive.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They ordered ME one for MSRP. I saw a Lariat there for $5k over and I was able to dicker him down to 2k. I would have taken it except it was school bus yellow. My salesman there is Steve Spencer. Every dealer will add on to an in stock Maverick.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Showroom stock will have ADM's. Most dealers will order at MSRP. 2 different things, but be prepared to wait a year for it to arrive.
Yep. But some are worse than others.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They ordered ME one for MSRP. I saw a Lariat there for $5k over and I was able to dicker him down to 2k. I would have taken it except it was school bus yellow. My salesman there is Steve Spencer. Every dealer will add on to an in stock Maverick.
Cyber Orange is a nice color.

Sponsored

charlos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Lariat - on order!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not exactly Chicagoland - but - Dahl Ford in Davenport, IA. I'm in Wisconsin and placed my order through them. They're easy to work with and straightforward.

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Steve Spencer. He's not there on Tuesdays.
I spoke with Daisy (receptionist I believe) who said they will add $5,000 to the price, for an order. Didn't feel like going any further to Steve for clarification.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had no issues with Currie Ford in Frankfort honoring MSRP on my ‘22. Did notice they had a “market adjustment” on every new vehicle they had on the lot I looked at when I was there for my first oil change, but that’s not apples to apples.
Sponsored