Sponsored

Check engine light, my light came on at 24,400 miles. I took it to the local dealer and they said said the exhaust system needs replaced. Could be up

JoeD1250

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took it to my local dealer, they said the exhaust system needs replaced. They said the cat is throwing the code. The lights not flashing and the truck seems to be operating normally. They want to keep the truck but I need it for work. It took a week for the dealer appt. to take it in and the light went off after 3 days then came back on the day before the appt. Anyone else have this happen. Should I get my truck and continue to drive it as long as the engine light is not flashing. They are looking at 4 weeks or longer for the cat.
Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
unbelievable this keeps happening to people. I would love to know more about the exact nature of the problem and the defect that was found by the dealer

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seem to recall previous post about exhaust having to be replaced, not sure if the issue ruins the cat or not but seen it talked about in this forum

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m currently waiting on my appt on April 4th but my XLT threw the light at 12121~ miles that the evaoporative emission system is detecting a fault. Drives and sounds normal but it’s been parked since light came on, won’t know anything til end of next week

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Took it to my local dealer, they said the exhaust system needs replaced. They said the cat is throwing the code. The lights not flashing and the truck seems to be operating normally. They want to keep the truck but I need it for work. It took a week for the dealer appt. to take it in and the light went off after 3 days then came back on the day before the appt. Anyone else have this happen. Should I get my truck and continue to drive it as long as the engine light is not flashing. They are looking at 4 weeks or longer for the cat.
Hi there, Joe! If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info. I’ll look into this concern for you. Thanks!

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just be glad you're still within the basic warranty period. Seems Ford isn't standing behind this defective part issue after that. Another post here, somewhere.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wouldn't drive it with an error code. That is a recipe to void warranty. Push for a loaner.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had their exhaust replaced yet? We have been waiting since JANUARY for our parts to come in. We were told March, then April, then May 25th. Need to call tomorrow to see if that's actually going to happen this time and am bracing to hear "Maybe late June." The shop says it's okay to drive, but the check engine light is on, so the truck has been out of inspection since the end of March! Time to demand a loaner? WHEN is Ford going to send the part we need?!?!!

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:
Local Ford Parts Dept said to call next week to see if it has come in. (I'm not holding my breath.)

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had their exhaust replaced yet? We have been waiting since JANUARY for our parts to come in. We were told March, then April, then May 25th. Need to call tomorrow to see if that's actually going to happen this time and am bracing to hear "Maybe late June." The shop says it's okay to drive, but the check engine light is on, so the truck has been out of inspection since the end of March! Time to demand a loaner? WHEN is Ford going to send the part we need?!?!!
I got a check engine light about 8000 miles turns out it was the exhaust system. They told normally they would have to replace the whole exhaust but now they have a kit or something which tells me there's a lot of these issues or they wouldn't have made a kit. Anyways he said that normally it would take a few days to do but they could do it all 9n one day. I had to wait over 2 months for the part to come in. Now they're telling me it's going to take 2 days to repair. I don't have another car. When I initially asked about it they told me they could do it on a Saturday all day but now they're saying they can't. I'm gonna see if I can get a loaner out of them.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

except for the catalytic converter what does the exhaust system have to do with a check engine light? The check engine light is usually something wrong in the emissions system. you would hear a leak somewhere if there truly something wrong. If I were you I would find when the company rep will be in that shop.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
except for the catalytic converter what does the exhaust system have to do with a check engine light? The check engine light is usually something wrong in the emissions system. you would hear a leak somewhere if there truly something wrong. If I were you I would find when the company rep will be in that shop.
from what i understand (i very well could be wrong) the whole exhaust system comes in 1 piece (seems real stupid to me). This post shows pics https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/help-with-p237c-code.24498/page-3

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a heat exchanger on the exhaust system that recycles waste heat from the engine by dumping it into the low temp coolant loop. The low temp loop includes the hybrid's high voltage battery, DC/DC inverter, etc. Reuses heat that would otherwise go out the exhaust to keep those systems warm in cooler weather. Thus, it's part of the powertrain and warrants a CEL.
Sponsored