Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I broke down and threw more than 3300 pennies at this Chinesium oil catch can off Amazon. Had great reviews and looks like it will work great. I like that it has a little dipstick on it to check the level. Reviews said that the hose included will collapse under vacuum so I will be taking a trip to Advance Auto when it arrives and I will get the proper hoses. Looks like I can mount it similar to how Buschur mounted his shop's model on the passenger sidewall of the engine compartment. Stolen pic of Buschur's setup below, also, so you can get an idea. No knock on him or his products, but this solution will do the same thing at much, much less cost.

Ford Maverick Cheap Oil Catch Can Ordered 1638899355320

Ford Maverick Cheap Oil Catch Can Ordered 1638899451028

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice share but should not refence or use pics from others unless given permission. IMO
I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on that but his pics are already posted all over this forum, my guy.... That's free license right there... Was added for reference so you can see where the hoses are. Also you can see his product, which is obviously more well-made than this chinesium one, so it's free press for him.

Looking for feedback on the actual product, its setup, drainage intervals, etc....

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on that but his pics are already posted all over this forum, my guy.... That's free license right there... Was added for reference so you can see where the hoses are. Also you can see his product, which is obviously more well-made than this chinesium one, so it's free press for him.

Looking for feedback on the actual product, its setup, drainage intervals, etc....
OK sorry, I misunderstood because you wrote "what do you guys think?"

Sincerely,

"Your Guy"

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that can you bought is too small and the hoses are MUCH smaller than what you will need.

Glad you got a good idea from our product on where to mount it though. LMAO

Sponsored

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like it will work well and maybe better than the other, this one in/out is not right next to each other and could be baffled also. Only thing i would of went with is without the vent since you wont be using it for this application.. Would of saved yourself six dollars..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XK9PTP7/ref=psdcmw_15709721_t3_B09FFQ365X
I noticed it came with both the vent and the vent hole plug - so we're good.

Any reason why you wouldn't want it vented in this application?

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Cause it vacuum from intake, which one not allow vacuum to the circulate in the crankcase (hydrocarbon stuff) and two (more importantly) allow unmetered air into the intake.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I noticed it came with both the vent and the vent hole plug - so we're good.

Any reason why you wouldn't want it vented in this application?
Vented is gonna stink in the cab, and it will upset the commisars......

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think that can you bought is too small and the hoses are MUCH smaller than what you will need.

Glad you got a good idea from our product on where to mount it though. LMAO
I mean it's the absolute obvious place to mount it, but OK. I said I'd be buying new hoses and it looks like it comes with a variety of differently sized fittings, should I think I should be OK. Will add to this thread once I install, so you'll have to wait until then to see if it's reasonable to hit me with an "I told ya so" (y)

Vented is gonna stink in the cab, and it will upset the commisars......
Thanks for that. I love me the stank of some motor, but perhaps the ol' lady won't. Will use the plug for sure.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I broke down and threw more than 3300 pennies at this Chinesium oil catch can off Amazon. Had great reviews and looks like it will work great. I like that it has a little dipstick on it to check the level. Reviews said that the hose included will collapse under vacuum so I will be taking a trip to Advance Auto when it arrives and I will get the proper hoses. Looks like I can mount it similar to how Buschur mounted his shop's model on the passenger sidewall of the engine compartment. Stolen pic of Buschur's setup below, also, so you can get an idea. No knock on him or his products, but this solution will do the same thing at much, much less cost.

1638899355320.png

1638899451028.png

What do you guys think?
I like trailblazers who take their own path!

Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1638899355320.png

1638899451028.png

What do you guys think?
I was planning on grabbing one of these.

J&L Oil Separator 3.0 Passenger Side (2013-2018 Ford Fusion 2.0 EcoBoost; 2013-2018 Lincoln MKZ 2.0L EcoBoost; 2015-2018 Ford Edge 2.0L) - J&L Oil Separator Co. (jlosc.com)

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks cool and easy to mount, but no reviews (at least on that site). The one I ordered was less than $35 shipped. I figured I can't lose. Once I get it and install it immediately (because I can't stand the thought of sludging up my brand new shit) I will post back here with pics and share my experience. Maybe that will be helpful in your purchase decision if you haven't jumped yet.

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks cool and easy to mount, but no reviews (at least on that site). The one I ordered was less than $35 shipped. I figured I can't lose. Once I get it and install it immediately (because I can't stand the thought of sludging up my brand new shit) I will post back here with pics and share my experience. Maybe that will be helpful in your purchase decision if you haven't jumped yet.
I'll be interested to see how the OEM fittings match up to the hoses on the amazon one.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't lose unless it overfills and you hydrolock your vehicle. They are called oil catch cans, but they catch mostly water.

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't lose unless it overfills and you hydrolock your vehicle. They are called oil catch cans, but they catch mostly water.
Well, right. Nice thing about the one I just bought is the integrated dip stick. From my brief online research it seems people who put them on Ecoboost 2.0s got about 200-300cc (which is how much mine holds) every 3k miles. Being me, I'd be checking it way more often than that.
Sponsored