First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK - so I am not mechanically inclined ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.... You ran the two wires (both hot/ground) down to the side marker and connected to red/black to harness and it was plug and play from there on drivers side?
Yes. I soldered and heat shrunk the leads from the LED strip to the splitter, then the splitter is plug and play. You could use crimps, but since I already have pretty nice stuff to solder, I did that, then wrapped the wires in a cloth tape.

Blacksmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This doesn't work for me (XLT hybrid). That circuit is extremely sensitive to any added load. The LED lights turn on briefly and then the entire circuit clicks off.

The side lights stay on, and are able to take the extra load with no problem.

FORGET about trying to access the driver's side light. You can't get your hand in there too get it out, and the "pop-out" method just jacks up your paint.

The passenger side, however, is easily accessible after removing the felt clips in the wheel well. Also, the wiring harness for the bumper is right there, so really no need to access the light itself.

nMdnIEE.png
Question on the passenger side installation. How to remove these felt clips in the wheel well (I assumed those clips aligned with the holes above and beyond arrow on your picture)

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I normally am a form follows function guy when it comes vehicle mod's

But this was too inexpensive, easy to install, and too cool not to do so.

I am enjoying it very much on my XLT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dad

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Blacksmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Easily instaled the led light with access from the passenger side light. The whole installation took like 10 minutes while I wait for the kid school bus.
Tried to attach a video of the amazing result to this post. For some reason downloading process is stuck at 100 present with error message after that. Do you know do we have admins on this forum? Tried to contact them a couple of times. No repllies

Last edited:

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I soldered and heat shrunk the leads from the LED strip to the splitter, then the splitter is plug and play. You could use crimps, but since I already have pretty nice stuff to solder, I did that, then wrapped the wires in a cloth tape.
Another question since all parts have arrived. If using the harness you used, does it matter which side drivers vs passenger? Looks like you did drivers. Don't want to pry from the outside :-(

Also, for those of you that put the last fit bulbs in the side markers - did you use the amber or white L-T10

https://amzn.to/43sTMN7

Thanks!!

Last edited:

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another question since all parts have arrived. If using the harness you used, does it matter which side drivers vs passenger? Looks like you did drivers. Don't want to pry from the outside :-(

Also, for those of you that put the last fit bulbs in the side markers - did you use the amber or white L-T10

Thanks!!

I don't think it matters, behavior to either side should be the same. I prayed and got my pain a little iffy there even being careful, but don't see it unless you are right up against it. You can always try it before you adhere down your LEDS to double check, since it will be plug and play it is easy to switch.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks!!
I used what is called smoked amber, but mine were round and I used a badge cover from Etsy to cover up the light, so yeah, a bit different than what others have done here. I do admire the ingenuity of how our members took an idea and modified it for their own personal tastes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0949GNVBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I normally am a form follows function guy when it comes vehicle mod's

But this was too inexpensive, easy to install, and too cool not to do so.

I am enjoying it very much on my XLT.
Would love to see a photo of your competed project!

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed the light strip although wish the hood didn't have that small curve in front that blocks most of the light. Still shows some light and reflects off several of the grille blocks at the top of the lariat grille.

Hooverq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2016 Mazda Miata, 2020 E Class
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Vid. Mine is coming today.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the light strip although wish the hood didn't have that small curve in front that blocks most of the light. Still shows some light and reflects off several of the grille blocks at the top of the lariat grille.
Agreed. I kept thinking I had installed it incorrectly or something. In fact, I didn't know it worked until someone about 10 feet away looked at it. It's more perceptible at that distance.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed this light strip under the hood and it is pretty impressive for the low cost. simple to install and gives you a "Knight Rider" effect when they start up :) I like it is completely covered by the hood.

Dynamic Scan Start Up DRL Strip - https://amzn.to/3Zzad9M

I noticed that you broke the front clip on the marker assembly.
Sponsored