First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The foolproof way to remove the cover is to partially remove the shield underneath so you can get you hand behind and push the tab on the light. after than you can put everything back since the cover will snap back in.
Just to be clear, there are about four plastic fasteners in the wheel well area directly behind the light. Once you remove these, it will allow enough opening behind the light to get your hand back there. To remove the light, you can press from the front and retract the part of the light assembly that holds the light in place. Don't try to pry the light out. (Revised... Note this instruction is for passenger side only. There are obstructions on the driver's side. Also, Redneck garage has instructions video for removing the light without removing the four fasteners.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gregg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. I was able to get the cover off. I cut & stripped the green wires and combined with the red wire. The marker light works. The strip light is not illuminating
Reverse the wires and try again. On the passenger side, I had to reverse the wires (black on green) .

Reactions: wjg

dillon0224

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you. I was able to get the cover off. I cut & stripped the green wires and combined with the red wire. The marker light works. The strip light is not illuminating
I look forward to seeing them after dark. Thank you for the input. Much appreciated.

Ford Maverick Cheap DIY Daytime Running Lights $14.00 Pretty Impressive for The Price PXL_20230130_195901741

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My problem is removing the marker light cover. It's being a pain. I can't get the tool unef the lip to push it forward.
Here's a video from F150led folks that explains how to "easily" remove the lens cover without removing the fender well cover.

Sponsored

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is exactly the one I purchased.
Ya. I liked how the individual led’s were hidden behind a frosted front for a seamless light bar effect. Those of you who bought that one probably know what I’m talking about even if I’m not describing it very clearly.

Gregg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a video from F150led folks that explains how to "easily" remove the lens cover without removing the fender well cover.

Great video...Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the one I liked the best.

https://a.co/d/54MxsbM
Yea I ordered the same one a couple weeks ago, still waiting on it to be delivered. Don't have truck yet, so no hurry.

Noticed this one had an inline fuse that other ones didn't have, maybe this is the upgraded 2023 like it says. Also the animation seemed a little different in speed on some.

I wanted to make sure I got same exact color as redneck garage and not something more blue or yellow.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea I ordered the same one a couple weeks ago, still waiting on it to be delivered. Don't have truck yet, so no hurry.

Noticed this one had an inline fuse that other ones didn't have, maybe this is the upgraded 2023 like it says. Also the animation seemed a little different in speed on some.

I wanted to make sure I got same exact color as redneck garage and not something more blue or yellow.
There's a story attached to my order. Yes, my order was also scheduled for two weeks and I didn't want to wait that long, so I ordered another one that had next day delivery. Funny enough, the first one arrived earlier than expected and I got them both on the same day! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I liked the ones you ordered much better. Better light distribution and the lights were set up to point outward, not up or down. I love mine!
I liked having the fuse holder, but alas, when I opened it up to re-route the wiring , both the spring and fuse fell into the engine bay. Managed to retrieve the spring, but the fuse was no where to be found. Purchased another fuse, but it was too thick. At that point, I was pretty frustrated and just said the hell with the fuse and cut it out. All working well, despite my clumsiness.

Option: Since I wired it into the side marker light (as advised by RedNeck Garage) the hood light only comes on when those side markers light up - startup, shut down, and at night. If you want the light to act as a DRL, you could wire them over to the fuse panel and tap into the DRL fuse. Since only the Lariat uses lights just above the headlights as DRL, if you have the XL or XLT, it might look a bit odd since on those models the amber turn signals do double duty as DRL's.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check your grounding wire. Should be attached to one of the fender bolts to bare metal.
Recheck your connection to the green wire, too.

Mikew555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driver's side, middle blue wire (already taped over connector, but put one in the pic).

20230114_142553.jpg
Thanks for showing me your way of putting the light strip on. The blue wire was small but time and patience prevailed. I was a bit disappointed in the strip brightness between the light bulbs but that's ok. I just wanted to give you a shout out big thanks!😄🇺🇸
Sponsored