Sponsored

Changing out orange XLT cubby trays for the XL black/gray ones -- part number?

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the XL center console trays? Wife says she can't deal with the bright orange ones, looks too out of place, wants me to change them out when(ever) we get the truck. Anyone else not liking the orange?

UPDATE:
The correct Ford part number for the large black tray (stock on the XL) is NZ6Z-60045G34-AA
Sponsored

Last edited:

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Does anyone happen to have the part numbers for the XL center console trays? Wife says she can't deal with the bright orange ones, looks too out of place, wants me to change them out when(ever) we get the truck. Anyone else not liking the orange?
I'm sure there would be an XL owner here interested in swapping with you if you wait until you have the truck.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could be mistaken but am under the impression the XL tray is not removable while the orange insert of XLT and Lariat is removable and what's underneath is the same as the molded XL tray.

Might be a fun DIY project to pick up a roll of the semi-tacky kind of shelf liner (not the sticky Con-Tac paper) in a pattern/color of your choice and play with it to fit the orange tray.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was skeptical of the orange inserts, but when you use the storage compartments for typical stuff, they get covered up somewhat. And, the front center big one is so far down that you don't really look at it much. The orange background also helps easily see what you are looking for at a glance. I'm still not in love with them but I don't dislike them, either.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could be mistaken but am under the impression the XL tray is not removable while the orange insert of XLT and Lariat is removable and what's underneath is the same as the molded XL tray.

Might be a fun DIY project to pick up a roll of the semi-tacky kind of shelf liner (not the sticky Con-Tac paper) in a pattern/color of your choice and play with it to fit the orange tray.
They are removable, thank goodness! They just look like the plastic underneath so I totally get why you would think that.

I was originally looking to swap with an XLT owner to increase visibility in that space (it's pretty dark even with the light) but it's since grown on me a lot. I love how understated the interior is.

Sponsored

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Gah, had the original explorer sport and it had orange accent everywhere.... I'm removing and covering every bit of that orange!
It's just not enough to not buy it!

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could they be sprayed with a rubber or vinyl paint of your choice?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Both are removable since the manual parking brake release for 4 wheel towing is under it.

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could they be sprayed with a rubber or vinyl paint of your choice?
Yes, but not sure how durable they would be (i.e. subject to easy scratching).

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
It’s either part 60045G34 or 26045G34. If I had to guess it’s the former. I ordered both and had to return one because it was the liner for the center console, just can’t remember exactly which one I returned. In any case, I highly recommend - the XL rubber liner looks so much better. Can’t say I mind the other orange accents all that much, but the liner was an eyesore to me.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s either part 60045G34 or 26045G34. If I had to guess it’s the former. I ordered both and had to return one because it was the liner for the center console, just can’t remember exactly which one I returned. In any case, I highly recommend - the XL rubber liner looks so much better. Can’t say I mind the other orange accents all that much, but the liner was an eyesore to me.
Thank you. Is the orange in the console all just 1 piece? A Google search brings this up for the first part that you mentioned: NZ6Z-60045G34-BA, but no images to confirm it's the correct part. Looks like it's being sold for around $45.00, do you recall what you paid?

PebbleMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And how about the orange pads on the door handles. Are they easily replaceable with the XL pads?

Ford Maverick Changing out orange XLT cubby trays for the XL black/gray ones -- part number? xlt interior

Ford Maverick Changing out orange XLT cubby trays for the XL black/gray ones -- part number? xl interior

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Is the orange in the console all just 1 piece? A Google search brings this up for the first part that you mentioned: NZ6Z-60045G34-BA, but no images to confirm it's the correct part. Looks like it's being sold for around $45.00, do you recall what you paid?
There are two rubber pieces in the center of the console (in addition to the orange in the vent trim). You can see the big piece in the photo above but the small piece is obscured. However only the big rubber tray is made in the XL trim, and the small rubber tray behind the cupholders is not included with the XL at all so there's no black version of it. I paid like $18 for the former piece but looks like all the prices have increased since then.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And how about the orange pads on the door handles. Are they easily replaceable with the XL pads?
Not at all. They're basically welded to the door card, so you'd either have to replace the whole door panel or just paint the handles. If you look up the front speaker replacement process on Youtube, you can see what I mean.