Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if it's possible to set a different default drive mode at startup, like ECO, instead of NORMAL?

I'm pretty sure that I already know the answer to this question, since page 227 of the manual says, "NORMAL. This is the default mode after each ignition cycle." But I'm hoping that someone has found something different.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would also like to know if it is possible to change the default. I would like to change it to ECO drive mode as the default.

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just read the manual and I am not optimistic that there is a way to do this. Someone please prove me wrong.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe can be done with the forscan program.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would also like to know if it is possible to change the default. I would like to change it to ECO drive mode as the default.
Same for me also as earlier I didn't know that when I selected ECO drive mode it went back to Normal on the next drive.

I was wondering why my MPG was lower for the same trips then I found out it went back to Normal.

Now I try to remember but I still have trips where I am part way to my destination before I realize that I need to change the drive mode to ECO.

My indication that I am not in ECO mode is that brake regeneration is not as aggressive in Normal mode and my returned energy is less than 100%.

It seems wrong for the Hybrid to default to Normal and not ECO. (n)

Sponsored

Romac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have to change it manually each drive.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Forscan there is the key.. I know there was some work adding the missing modes, which I think hit a road block cause they couldn't write to a certain module. But I am sure someone will find a work around to both issues.

But you will need forscan software and OBD to usb adaptor. I know I will be diving head first in the program once vehicle arrive (likely 6 months out).

OP
OP
Snax

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Terrible, I hate Ford! Never going to buy another truck again. Ford owes me $5000 and a new Tesla!

Just kidding, of course. Easy to make fun of those who have tantrums over small issues. While I really DO wish that the default could be modified, I love my new Maverick.

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like it hasn't changed since the 2015 Mustang. Every time you turn off the engine, it reverts to standard. And if you think about it, that's not the worst thing in the world.

Say I had it in track mode because I was racing (not likely, it's a convertible and I'm not in the mood to spend $2K on tires every six months). But that's not the mode you want your car to be in after you leave the track and drive home.

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just read the manual and I am not optimistic that there is a way to do this. Someone please prove me wrong.
There is a line of code in the BIOS that set a chain of commands to 0! In other words, ForScan is out forcing me to design my own fix

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a line of code in the BIOS that set a chain of commands to 0! In other words, ForScan is out forcing me to design my own fix

Can the BIOS code be edited?

CubanRedneck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can the BIOS code be edited?
LOL... that is above my paygrade!
It is like saying can you use Google Chrome without getting spied on?

The CODE is replicated in many areas. It will take so many hours of programming. You may as well go to an aftermarket ECU.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL... that is above my paygrade!
It is like saying can you use Google Chrome without getting spied on?

The CODE is replicated in many areas. It will take so many hours of programming. You may as well go to an aftermarket ECU.
Fair enough, your solution makes perfect sense. Hopefully someone will come up with a plug N play model of your idea.
Sponsored