First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may not be able to use the turn signals as DRL alone, as they may not have enough lumens to be legal as DRLs & it may be programmed into the computer so it cannot be overridden.

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"legal as DRLs"? Is there a law that states I must have working DRLs on my vehicle? I know there is a federal mandate for manufacturers to install them on new vehicles, but nothing I am aware of requiring me to actually use them.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been playing around with this on my XL and also cannot get the turn signals to work as DRL. The low beams still come on, and the front turn signals as well but they won't blink.

mde-5062

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 F-150, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got it to work with some slight modifications. Settings are posted below, can someone validate that they achieve the same results?

Modifications:
  1. Low beam with DRL = Disabled
  2. Left & Right Front Turn Lamp Usage = Turn and DRL
  3. Left & Right Front DRL Usage = Disabled
Results:
  1. Light off mode = No light
  2. Parking lamp mode = parking lamp (dim yellow)
  3. Autolamp mode:
    1. Daytime = Turn signal (bright yellow)
    2. Nighttime = Lowbeam LEDs
  4. Headlight on mode = Lowbeam LEDs and turn signal (bright yellow)
Other Factors:
  1. XL Hybrid
  2. Recent BdyCM module update from service center for grabby-brake issue
    1. I noticed some settings changed changed in effect or options after the update

Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams DRL Settings.JPG

Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams Turn Lamp Settings.JPG

Sponsored

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got it to work with some slight modifications. Settings are posted below, can someone validate that they achieve the same results?

Modifications:
  1. Low beam with DRL = Disabled
  2. Left & Right Front Turn Lamp Usage = Turn and DRL
  3. Left & Right Front DRL Usage = Disabled
Results:
  1. Light off mode = No light
  2. Parking lamp mode = parking lamp (dim yellow)
  3. Autolamp mode:
    1. Daytime = Turn signal (bright yellow)
    2. Nighttime = Lowbeam LEDs
  4. Headlight on mode = Lowbeam LEDs and turn signal (bright yellow)
Other Factors:
  1. XL Hybrid
  2. Recent BdyCM module update from service center for grabby-brake issue
    1. I noticed some settings changed changed in effect or options after the update

DRL Settings.JPG

Turn Lamp Settings.JPG
So you got it to work? I’ll need to re apply for my forscan trial, to apply these changes. I may try it this evening!

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
encouraging progress!

If I'm reading this correctly, the DLRs are the now the brighter (like turn signal flash) amber - and not the dimmer parking light amber. This may be an issue for those with Lasfits as they'd almost generate too much heat with that bright of output.

mde-5062

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 F-150, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
encouraging progress!

If I'm reading this correctly, the DLRs are the now the brighter (like turn signal flash) amber - and not the dimmer parking light amber. This may be an issue for those with Lasfits as they'd almost generate too much heat with that bright of output.
That's correct. I'm still using the OEM lights so I'll need to confirm how they work with the Lasfits. It might be okay since the power output is likely the same or close to what they would do as normal headlights.

The issue right now is that the parking lamps only have the option of being included with the low beams and being used for Position/Park. I still need to do a deep dive into the As Built changes, but they might map out how to change the parking lamp to be the DRL.

Overall though, I'm happy with brighter lights since they are ACTUALLY noticeable during the day. The parking lamps were so dim, they didn't really do much.

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's correct. I'm still using the OEM lights so I'll need to confirm how they work with the Lasfits. It might be okay since the power output is likely the same or close to what they would do as normal headlights.

The issue right now is that the parking lamps only have the option of being included with the low beams and being used for Position/Park. I still need to do a deep dive into the As Built changes, but they might map out how to change the parking lamp to be the DRL.

Overall though, I'm happy with brighter lights since they are ACTUALLY noticeable during the day. The parking lamps were so dim, they didn't really do much.
Are they still working? A few of us had initial success but the Low Beams returned the next day :(

Yanks4285

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X5,08 Pontiac G8,15 Chevy SS, 23 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just tried it tonight and the low beams still come on.
Any updates to this?

Sponsored

Jinhuang

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Engine
Undecided
Just moded my 2019 expedition xlt max today and it work! The 2022 forscan from pictures looks different from mines.

Here’s what i did.
enabled “DRL include park lamp”
Factory settings was “DRL = low beam”; ths drop down had multiple options to choose from here, i went with “DRL default”. Made multiple trip today and low beam has remained off!

Mavrik23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just moded my 2019 expedition xlt max today and it work! The 2022 forscan from pictures looks different from mines.

Here’s what i did.
enabled “DRL include park lamp”
Factory settings was “DRL = low beam”; ths drop down had multiple options to choose from here, i went with “DRL default”. Made multiple trip today and low beam has remained off!
I didn't see additional options on my '23 XLT - only enabled and disabled for “DRL = low beam”. Also, when I attempt to change "Using Low Beam with DRL" from enabled (the default) to disabled, I am unable to write that change; I receive a "vehicle conditions are incorrect" message. I am using FORscan version 2.3.53.

Jinhuang

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Engine
Undecided
Seems like the 21 and up has a different system.

mde-5062

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 F-150, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't see additional options on my '23 XLT - only enabled and disabled for “DRL = low beam”. Also, when I attempt to change "Using Low Beam with DRL" from enabled (the default) to disabled, I am unable to write that change; I receive a "vehicle conditions are incorrect" message. I am using FORscan version 2.3.53.
1. Double check that your Maverick has the most recent software
2. If that doesn't work, go to the factory and have them check for updates regarding the BCM. I swear that some of those options weren't available until after they updated the Maverick at the dealership.

mde-5062

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 F-150, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me double check to see what might have changed
Sponsored