First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick carbonized grey Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wondering if anyone tried to change the original color they chose after they got the VIN. My build day is supposed to be June 6th but didn't know if I could change it still or if that would cause a push back.
Sponsored

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure you're stuck. You get assigned a VIN based on material supply, so paint color's been factored in.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also certain that you cannot do that. I hope that doesn't make you BLUE or see Red!!! But, hey, maybe this is a GRAY area and not just BLACK and WHITE........

OP
OP
Hennessy

Hennessy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am also certain that you cannot do that. I hope that doesn't make you BLUE or see Red!!! But, hey, maybe this is a GRAY area and not just BLACK and WHITE........
It looks to be a gray area. Sadly my son will be the only one blue that the truck isn't the color he was hoping for. Damn kids books got his hopes up lol (little blue truck is all he talks about)

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if anyone tried to change the original color they chose after they got the VIN. My build day is supposed to be June 6th but didn't know if I could change it still or if that would cause a push back.
No, once it is scheduled the order is locked for changes.

No idea if the dealerships scheduler would be willing to try and mess with changing that around. We've asked ours to make changes before.... and that didn't go well!

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
@fordvideoguy may be able to help with advice. I think he said it can be done, but may be tricky!

Reactions: Aza

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Yes it can be done. The dealer needs to go in to your scheduled order and choose the color and submit. It is up to Ford to take it and they will usually tell you about 24 hours later if they accepted the amendment if you look at the order. There will be an "!", if they hover over it, it should tell you if they accepted it or not.

OP
OP
Hennessy

Hennessy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes it can be done. The dealer needs to go in to your scheduled order and choose the color and submit. It is up to Ford to take it and they will usually tell you about 24 hours later if they accepted the amendment if you look at the order. There will be an "!", if they hover over it, it should tell you if they accepted it or not.
That is great to know I'll ask and see how much headache it would cause the dealership. I don't want to ruffle feathers at this point. So I'll take whatever I guess

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy Is this still true with 23s? Can you change color after getting a VIN?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure you're stuck. You get assigned a VIN based on material supply, so paint color's been factored in.
Wrong. Color change an easy one up until a day or two before you hit the assembly line. I switched from HPR to Cactus Gray after being scheduled for production. No problem whatsoever.

BTW, my truck arrived at the dealer Saturday and I'll be picking it up this week!

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does one then lose their place in line for build and go to end of the line If changing colors and it is accepted by Ford?

I ordered Area 51 though now worried it will show fingerprints and dirt more then the say carbonized gray. Honestly, don’t know what color of the 2023 line would show the least amount of dirt. Don’t like white nor black I know. Also wondering if I should get the sunroof added if such is still possible with vin# already assigned.

Cannot recall in one of your recent videos if this quesiotn was asked/answered..
thank you

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does one then lose their place in line for build and go to end of the line If changing colors and it is accepted by Ford?

I ordered Area 51 though now worried it will show fingerprints and dirt more then the say carbonized gray. Honestly, don’t know what color of the 2023 line would show the least amount of dirt. Don’t like white nor black I know. Also wondering if I should get the sunroof added if such is still possible with vin# already assigned.

Cannot recall in one of your recent videos if this quesiotn was asked/answered..
thank you
Changing colors will not change your place in line. It's a minor modification. Only changing engines, trims or body code will do that, based on what @fordvideoguy has said repeatedly over the past year.
Sponsored