Sponsored

Cell phone USBC cable connected while on a wireless charging holder.

Rowboat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 HEV Maverick XLT, Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to install a cell phone holder to the right of the Sync screen. I would like to use a wireless charging shoe because many trips are 'local' enough that I don't need to plug in the USBC to get GPS etc. It has been my experience that the USBC port on the phone will fail. The frequency of plug-in/out events, and lack of fixturing of that plug when connected will hasten its demise. I try to limit using the cable when not needed.
My question is: Would it damage my phone, or anything else, if I were to plug the cable into the phone while on the wireless charger?
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm going to install a cell phone holder to the right of the Sync screen. I would like to use a wireless charging shoe because many trips are 'local' enough that I don't need to plug in the USBC to get GPS etc. It has been my experience that the USBC port on the phone will fail. The frequency of plug-in/out events, and lack of fixturing of that plug when connected will hasten its demise. I try to limit using the cable when not needed.
My question is: Would it damage my phone, or anything else, if I were to plug the cable into the phone while on the wireless charger?
I've had my Maverick now for almost 2 yrs with zero issues using the USB-C port. I leave my lighting cable in the truck and just plug the phone in. I also leave my phone in the center console as the informatic system does everything I need for it while driving.

OP
OP

Rowboat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 HEV Maverick XLT, Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lewis, Thank you for reading my entire post and responding with the link to the answer to my question. I will be purchasing and installing a wireless charging holder in the cubby next to the Sync. I'll have the USBC cable wired and available to be safely plugged-in only when needed.