First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1994 Ford F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
as long as you enjoy it, that’s the point. Even when the banks open, you still would’ve had to wait forever. Who knows, maybe it will still hold its value
I think it will hold its value better than my Escape would.
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could have said no! That is like going to Best Buy and paying $1000 more than everyone for the same TV. You paying that ADM just gave Carvana confidence they can keep those prices high for the next sucker.

The other suckers are the people who sell to Carvana and give away thousands in equity to a flipper. I would like to buy those people's stocks at way below value too. If you have to sell, use the $5 listing on Craig's List and keep all your equity, it's easy.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could have said no! That is like going to Best Buy and paying $1000 more than everyone for the same TV. You paying that ADM just gave Carvana confidence they can keep those prices high for the next sucker.

The other suckers are the people who sell to Carvana and give away thousands in equity to a flipper. I would like to buy those people's stocks at way below value too. If you have to sell, use the $5 listing on Craig's List and keep all your equity, it's easy.
It’s not. Normal sellers don’t finance and that is why these companies are the goat for sellers

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granted, it's not a Maverick, but Carfax just yesterday offered a friend of mine $20,180 for his 2018 Honda Accord 1.5L with... get this... 244,860 miles. Driving, for him, is relaxing. The car has already had its engine replaced a few months ago. I don't know if Carfax took that into account.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granted, it's not a Maverick, but Carfax just yesterday offered a friend of mine $20,180 for his 2018 Honda Accord 1.5L with... get this... 244,860 miles. Driving, for him, is relaxing. The car has already had its engine replaced a few months ago. I don't know if Carfax took that into account.
Do you mean Carmax? And they don't care about engine replacements done correctly, just like you shouldn't either.

Now there is some glitch in the matrix if they think an Accord with 250k miles is worth $20k.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean Carmax? And they don't care about engine replacements done correctly, just like you shouldn't either.

Now there is some glitch in the matrix if they think an Accord with 250k miles is worth $20k.
No, I mean Carfax.

And yeah, I think they're smoking something over there if they think that a car with almost a quarter of a million miles on the clock is worth $20k.

Ford Maverick Carvana selling 2022 Mavericks at sky high prices Carfax

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I mean Carfax.

And yeah, I think they're smoking something over there if they think that a car with almost a quarter of a million miles on the clock is worth $20k.
Okay two points here:

1. Carfax is simply guessing, that is not an offer for cash.
2. No car with 245k miles can be classified as "excellent" condition regardless of how well it was treated.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay two points here:

1. Carfax is simply guessing, that is not an offer for cash.
2. No car with 245k miles can be classified as "excellent" condition regardless of how well it was treated.
I don't know how definite it is or not, but I have ridden in that car, and he has babied it. He's one of those people that would very likely polish the car with a proverbial baby's diaper if he could, lol.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know how definite it is or not, but I have ridden in that car, and he has babied it. He's one of those people that would very likely polish the car with a baby's diaper if he could, lol.
If we wants to see what it is really worth, get quotes from Carmax, Carvana, and Vroom.

Sponsored

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess that's what I was alluding to. Even the Ford dealers are going crazy with the markups. If you want one, you have to pay the man. If I would have had to finance the whole $37, I most definitely would not have done it.
Reputable dealers are not adding any mark ups on special orders, I paid $23,649 for my Hybrid XL, no dealer markup, just a $499 DOC fee.
But hey, it's your money...

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure how the Carvana model is working these days but also not sure how the used car market is working either. It a crazy world when you sell any vehicle new or used for more than you paid for it. There are always exceptions but off the shelf pickups are not normally one if them. I sold a 20 Ranger to a VW dealer for a $3500 profit a year ago so there is something wrong with the market that will eventually get a correction but I don't know when. I always remember what a friend told me about selling cars in a crazy market: You aways want to be the last owner not the next one.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reputable dealers are not adding any mark ups on special orders, I paid $23,649 for my Hybrid XL, no dealer markup, just a $499 DOC fee.
But hey, it's your money...
Wasting your energy trying to make him see that this is an extremely terrible deal. He can't get past financing just $21,000... without an acknowledgement of the amount of money he is throwing away to get there. Best I can figure, he's one of those people that if he doesn't see the money actually debited from his account, it doesn't actually "count".

I personally can't imagine wanting anything this bad. Having owned a Maverick XL already, I can tell you it is absolutely not worth any money over sticker.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Offers for our 2nd car have gone WAY down the last few months. In May, out of curiosity I got offers for our '17 VW jetta with 67k miles - perfect condition except for a few normal tiny dings, all maintenance done (timing belt already changed, new tires and brake pads). Only thing we've done outside of regular maintenance was replace a cracked windshield and AC fan motor. Carvana and Vroom both offered us >$12k (we bought it for $13,900 out the door in December '16). My wife refused to let me sell although we did not need a 2nd car (we've been fine sharing a single car for 5.5yrs). Earlier this week she said that maybe we should reconsider selling because the car is just sitting there :mad:, all the offers we got were $8,200-$9,000.

At $12k it was worth it, but at $9k I'm not willing to sell a reliable and comfortable 2nd car, which we already have snow tires for and will probably use as our main transportation in the winter, and probably has another 100k reliable miles. Snooze you lose.
Sponsored