MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can vouch for them. I sold my 2022 XL FWD EB through Carmigo in May for almost $12,000 more than I paid. It was well above what anyone else was offering, so the fee was no big deal.

2 months later we used Carmigo again to auction our Genesis G70 and again got several thousand dollars more than what Carmax/Carvana/etc were offering.

My Lariat Lux Hybrid will be on there sometime in 2023.
Sponsored

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
I can vouch for them. I sold my 2022 XL FWD EB through Carmigo in May for almost $12,000 more than I paid. It was well above what anyone else was offering, so the fee was no big deal.

2 months later we used Carmigo again to auction our Genesis G70 and again got several thousand dollars more than what Carmax/Carvana/etc were offering.

YAY! This is awesome to hear. The used car market can be rough sometimes, but hearing a seller say they had a good experience makes it all worth it. Thanks for trusting Carmigo. We are seriously so grateful to sellers like you and hope we can continue helping you sell cars. Can't wait to see your Lariat listed in 2023.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
I just submitted my XL Hybrid on Carmigo. I found the "app" quite easy to use and pretty well designed. Had no issue capturing the VIN.
It is live now.
That's great! We are excited to see how the auction goes. Thanks for the kind words!

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree that Carmiga was 100% pleasant to work with.

As far as the fee goes, I suspect that they are charging both sides (Dealer buyer and seller). Also- keep in mind trucking costs, which I assume Dealer buyer is paying as well.

I'll add that the Carmiga folks were absolutely pleasant to work with from start to finish.
<snip>
One suggestion for Carmiga. Change your business rules to charge the $350 to the dealership buyers. It's a business expense for them (COGS), and they'll just price it into their bid. You'll get a lot more bites from end consumers that way.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice folks...they work fast.
I would suggest a modified Photo sequence:
VIN
Interior
Odometer
Tire Tread
Then all the exterior photos.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd probably have listed mine for sale if I'd had the alternative of entering the VIN manually when the photo wouldn't take. That's a suggestion for the programmers. Try to capture a VIN by camera, but allow manual entry if there's too much glare. I get that that the photo is fraud prevention, but...

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
Agree that Carmiga was 100% pleasant to work with.

As far as the fee goes, I suspect that they are charging both sides (Dealer buyer and seller). Also- keep in mind trucking costs, which I assume Dealer buyer is paying as well.
Awwh! Thanks for the kind words :)

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
I'd probably have listed mine for sale if I'd had the alternative of entering the VIN manually when the photo wouldn't take. That's a suggestion for the programmers. Try to capture a VIN by camera, but allow manual entry if there's too much glare. I get that that the photo is fraud prevention, but...
Thanks for the feedback! We will share this with our team and see what we can do!

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided
Nice folks...they work fast.
I would suggest a modified Photo sequence:
VIN
Interior
Odometer
Tire Tread
Then all the exterior photos.
Thanks for the suggestion! We are going to keep this in mind as we implement changes. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. It's the best way for us to continue improving.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
Undecided

So glad we could help ya out! We appreciate you leaving this here as well and hope we can help you sell a car again one day.

Sponsored

ramonesrazor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, new user here. I listed my XLT Hybrid (Cactus Gray) on Carmigo earlier today and found it to be pretty decent. The main issue I had, was that there was no way to edit anything in the vehicle's listing myself. I had to communicate with one of their support people via chat the changes to make. Also, I got a text AND an email to set my reserve price but wasn't able to do that either. I again had to tell the support person to update it for me.

And my final complaint, was that it's image recognition software deemed my tires (which are, legitimately, brand new right off the lot) to have "minor damage". I am not sure why, maybe the lighting in the photo? Thankfully, the support person fixed that too.

So, after a few hiccups I got my listing up. We will see how it goes.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, new user here. I listed my XLT Hybrid (Cactus Gray) on Carmigo earlier today and found it to be pretty decent. The main issue I had, was that there was no way to edit anything in the vehicle's listing myself. I had to communicate with one of their support people via chat the changes to make. Also, I got a text AND an email to set my reserve price but wasn't able to do that either. I again had to tell the support person to update it for me.

And my final complaint, was that it's image recognition software deemed my tires (which are, legitimately, brand new right off the lot) to have "minor damage". I am not sure why, maybe the lighting in the photo? Thankfully, the support person fixed that too.

So, after a few hiccups I got my listing up. We will see how it goes.
Let us know the results since I am thinking of carmingo. Really want to know how much over MSRP you get. Since we all may of paid a different price this gives us a better idea instead of saying I made xxxx dollars.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just submitted my XL Hybrid on Carmigo. I found the "app" quite easy to use and pretty well designed. Had no issue capturing the VIN.
It is live now.
Mine took forever to load, so long I waited a entire day..even then it kept rejecting pictures over and over, then when it finally approved them all it showed dents where none were at.... so...went thru all of that to come away 4 days after I started this with several thousands below Carvana.
I'll never ever never work via a app like that again.
YMMV

ramonesrazor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let us know the results since I am thinking of carmingo. Really want to know how much over MSRP you get. Since we all may of paid a different price this gives us a better idea instead of saying I made xxxx dollars.
Will do. I did already get a bid in that's $3,000 over MSRP.

ramonesrazor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ultimately that one bid, $3000 over MSRP, was the only bid I got. It would have been just over break-even when you factor in the tax, reg fees, etc from when I bought it.

My listing only had 5 total views which I find odd.

I ended up accepting an offer from a dealership which was $8,000 over MSRP. They found me from my Craigslist ad.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.