Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
It IS interesting that so many stock units showing up on the lots are XLT FX4'S. My dealer even offered me one. Already I am sick of seeing that FX4 sticker. If I had ordered FX4, the first thing I would do would be to get rid of that logo.
Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yeah, the lift looks cool, and I dig those tires. I’m just not sure a lift is right for such a small truck though. I say embrace the smallness. That’s just me though. I’m just not a fan of lifting or lowering.
What woman ever said “Embrace the smallness?” 😆😆😆

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It IS interesting that so many stock units showing up on the lots are XLT FX4'S. My dealer even offered me one. Already I am sick of seeing that FX4 sticker. If I had ordered FX4, the first thing I would do would be to get rid of that logo.
Bc that’s where the market is, perhaps?” 💁🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Lemme just stop ya right there Cliff.

The owner of this truck, Robby Woolworth, surely didn't buy this truck for it's off-road prowess. He's the one who designed and fabricated the very lift that this vehicle features. I'm gonna hop out on a limb and say he can easily net $200 from selling one of his lift kits, if he simply sells 150 of his lift kits (which I'm positive he will sell much more), there's $30,000 which would more than cover his cost of this AWD XL Maverick. Not to mention, the vehicle is probably able to be mostly written off considering it is an essential purchase that he needed in order to design, fabricate, market and ultimately to sell his products. I highly doubt "off-roading" was anywhere near the top of his short-list of reasons on why he should purchase this very truck. He's just making some awesome products that many here in this community will thoroughly enjoy and appreciate.

All of the FX4 mumbo jumbo you ranted on about aside, I can assure you this Maverick would make it much further than some bare-bones FX4 with mono-tube shocks and mud/ruts drive mode. Ground clearance and tires are king in this arena. If solely searching to further off-road capability in a Ford Maverick, I'd skip the FX4, put the money towards this lift and some taller tires. The 4k towing would be a nice add-on though as you mentioned but no reason to add both 4k and FX4 as there's too much overlap in components IMO.
Yeah listen to this guy he will cover your warranty once ford denies your AWD warranty for offloading. The simple fact is the FX4 is the only maverick that off roading doesnt void warranty.. So anyone that advises to off road an AWD without the FX4 should be held some what liable..

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
What woman ever said “Embrace the smallness?” 😆😆😆
Let me make sure I’m understanding: whenever you hear the word “small,” it makes you think of penises? Was “Embrace the smallness” a trigger? I didn’t mean to trigger the small penis complex…. Bro, let try to help then… BIG BIG BIG…. BIG TRUCK… HUUUUUGE TRUCK… did that help? 😂🤣😂

Here, maybe this can help:
Ford Maverick Carbonized Gray Maverick on 2" lift kit + 255/75/17 BFgoodrich KM22 + 17" ALPHAequipt Foxtrot wheels 1635337758966

… queue the reply to aggressively confirm large penis size.😂🤣😂

Last edited:

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
You take any Maverick off-road and you're destined for trouble anyways. I guarantee Ford will be denying claims left and right of people of who were doing anything outside of driving on a gravel road, FX4 package or not.

And the owners will be crying to Ford "But, but, but I have the OFF-ROAD package, this repair should be covered."

I'm sticking to my original methodology. Get the 4k package, skip the FX4, apply a small lift and larger tires. That will be the most capable "off-road" Maverick without spending a fortune. In the event you damage it off-road, be prepared to fix it yourself or turn it over to insurance. That's what insurance is for and Ford will fight tooth and nail to deny claims when you trash your FX4 on little-tike Pirellis trying to take it somewhere it shouldn't go.
Fx package does give you tow hooks and better wheels... also hill decent the tow hooks help in off roading how you gonna get pulled out when your sport mode or tow haul mode doesn't compensate enough to get you unstuck? I mean if you don't mind adding it later by all means. But why not get the one that comes with it and ford out right says is the only one that doesn't void warranty by going off road.

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does a non-FX4 get pulled out of a ditch in the winter? You saying it can't be done?

There are dedicated tow points even without the SOFT-ROAD tow hooks.. If you off-road an FX4 and that thing overheats and starts burning up the awd system, good luck getting Ford to fix it when it has to be brought in from somewhere "off-road." Ford doesn't see "off-road" the same as all of the knuckleheads here do. Your button to press though, not mine.
You are correct their are places to hook up but you wanna crawl under it to hook it up or simply walk up to it hook up. And they may not cover some caused by it but hey I have a better chance than one without fx4 a lot easier for them to say no when their manual say only off road in fx4. And I'll press the button often lol never been denied by my local dealer and I've done some "knucklehead stuff" lol. But I mean if your comfortable with doing it in a non fx4 I say do it its ur truck your choice im just validating spending the extra $ on the fx4 package. Honestly it had me at the wheels and the skid plate. Cost more to do both after market than the package costs.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are correct their are places to hook up but you wanna crawl under it to hook it up or simply walk up to it hook up. And they may not cover some caused by it but hey I have a better chance than one without fx4 a lot easier for them to say no when their manual say only off road in fx4. And I'll press the button often lol never been denied by my local dealer and I've done some "knucklehead stuff" lol. But I mean if your comfortable with doing it in a non fx4 I say do it its ur truck your choice im just validating spending the extra $ on the fx4 package. Honestly it had me at the wheels and the skid plate. Cost more to do both after market than the package costs.
It was worth it to me (in an XLT) just to get out of that crummy rental car in-dash information screen. Lol

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was worth it to me (in an XLT) just to get out of that crummy rental car in-dash information screen. Lol
Right I mean 800 for the package. Prob extra $50 to 100$ for the screen after market cheap rims bare min$600 cheap skidplates $200 if u did it urself? I mean I'm probably being a little to generous on the prices and the rest of the stuff is just a plus also just so you know Ford sells their fx4 black rims at about $750 to their employees closer to 1200 if u want a matching wheel and u don't work for them