First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL w/ hitch and drop-in liner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! I chose those optional rims on my Lariat FX4 build. Glad to see my thought of the brighter rims working well with the brighter grille bar (even though the one pictured is XLT) and the rim center playing nice with the Carbonized Gray color. I also wanted the slightly larger tires that come with them. Going to look great with the molded front and rear splash guards too. Made a good choice for my build.
This looks fantastic! So glad I picked this color. Seeing so many other color in real day light, kind of worrying how CG would turn out. This definitely reassured my choise. Now is ticking time when my dealer may inform me it is been produced. I am in Canada BTW, not sure if Ford would send email confirmation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the color for me! Will go so good with the XLT interior. Glad to start to see more CGM public photos - have to admit, I was a little worried when all you saw was RR, CG, Area 51, School Bus Yellow, A-Blue and V-Blue colors. I thought CGM was going to be removed from the color options and I would be stuck with one of the other colors.

Anturok

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Lariat w/ 4k tow pkg
I currently have the CG ordered with the lariat package, but the more pictures I see of the lariat interior the more I am debating going to the XLT even though I am not a huge fan of the orange. Has anyone seen good pictures or think the CG will go well with the lariat interior?

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just returned home from seeing the new Maverick in person at my dealer. This was a training visit, so no test drive. The vehicle happed to be a carbonized grey XLT 2.0L. I've been concerned about the Navy Pier blue trimmed interior. I've ordered a carbonized grey First Edition. I think the colors go very well together. Ford Trainer told me he thinks the First Edition in carbonized grey looks fantastic. The attached picture was taken on the showroom floor, so not direct sunlight. Seeing this vehicle in person confirms that it's the perfect vehicle for me. Can't wait (though I guess I have to)!

Ford Maverick CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club mav interior

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I know the seats are still blue (described by many as "denim" I believe) but they look much more gray in most pics I've seen. It does go very well with CGM in my opinion.

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just returned home from seeing the new Maverick in person at my dealer. This was a training visit, so no test drive. The vehicle happed to be a carbonized grey XLT 2.0L. I've been concerned about the Navy Pier blue trimmed interior. I've ordered a carbonized grey First Edition. I think the colors go very well together. Ford Trainer told me he thinks the First Edition in carbonized grey looks fantastic. The attached picture was taken on the showroom floor, so not direct sunlight. Seeing this vehicle in person confirms that it's the perfect vehicle for me. Can't wait (though I guess I have to)!

mav interior.jpg
Any exterior side photos? Did the vehicle have the painted rims or the chrome rims? Curious to see photos/Walk Around of a XLT CGM with painted rims.

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

mav interior.jpg

REALLY nice shot pmoore! Helps show the contrast of Navy Pier vs the CGM vs the XLT Luxury seats

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Any exterior side photos? Did the vehicle have the painted rims or the chrome rims? Curious to see photos/Walk Around of a XLT CGM with painted rims.
Curious to see this also even though I don't guess it matters for me now. I think most vehicles look better with some contrast between the wheels and the body. I was worried that there wouldn't be much contrast between the standard gray painted XLT wheels and the CGM body so I added the optional gray and machined wheels to my order. My truck will be identical to this one except with the sliding rear window.

Ford Maverick CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 1628528734994

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious to see this also even though I don't guess it matters for me now. I think most vehicles look better with some contrast between the wheels and the body. I was worried that there wouldn't be much contrast between the standard gray painted XLT wheels and the CGM body so I added the optional gray and machined wheels to my order. My truck will be identical to this one except with the sliding rear window.

1628528734994.png
The example I saw was exactly this. It looks great in person! To me, pictures don't do this vehicle justice.

Sponsored

kippitreal4

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV

mav interior.jpg
Do you have any other pictures of the exterior? Looking to order same trim

pmoore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not a bumper sticker person, but I'm thinking I need a "Talk to me Goose" sticker for a 1-liter canister that Ford insists we need for optimal hydration, and will absolutely leave some aviator glasses in the car at all times. :cool:
Ford Maverick CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club asdfture.JPG

Almost looks like two different colors
"Almost" my butt, that for sure is two different colors, but that can happen with anything. Hopefully we can chalk that up to either a preproduction screw up or maybe a freight delivery disaster and they replaced it with a bumper that didn't quite match.

That can happen with any color though, even black can be off. This is also why I won't be preordering anything though, and will make sure the vehicle that shows up on the lot passes my inspection. I'm thinking by February the mad rush should be over and we'll see a decent stock of hybrids at dealers again.