Sponsored

CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I was all set to order my XL in Oxford White, but someone had posted Ford actually has 2 shades of Oxford White and 1 had a pink hue to it or something? Can't wrap my brain around Cactus or A51- reminds me too much of pastel color era of Miami Vice :ROFLMAO: I'm going with the stock steelies on mine and seeing these pictures now I'm really coming around to that CG color.
Ford does have two paint codes for Oxford White. One is Z1, its a pure white found on F150, F250 SD. There is also paint code YZ, which is also Oxford White. Next to each other, YZ is slightly creamier than Z1 and kind of annoyed me. I saw a F250 SD next to a Bronco Sport and something was slightly different about it not being as pure white. I finally looked at the paint code and sure enough, Ford called them both Oxford White, but next to each other read slightly different. A difference I wasn’t totally sold on. I also did some additional online research and sure enough, I wasn’t the only one to pick up on this difference over the years.

I initially ordered Oxford White as a place holder, but next day changed to Carbonized Gray. I saw a fullsize Bronco in Carbonized Gray as I left the dealer. If I couldn’t settle on a color, I would have kept Oxford White. I was pleasantly surprised the Carbonized Gray was a little lighter than what the Build and Price rendering suggested, and is a metallic color and I was hoping to go some sort of metallic this time around. So it all worked out for me in the end.
Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered an alto blue XLT but I upgraded it to carbonized grey lariat first edition, and I so far I really am happy that I did that.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Perfect for FX4, matches the wheels.

1624239550003.png

1624239571636.png

1624239594874.png

1624239634971.png

1624239522377.png
What I like best about this color is the rear bumper and the plastic part in front of the rear wheel blends in. It's made me rethink Cactus Gray and the other brighter colors where there is a heavy contrast and the back bumper looks bulky from the side.

Ford Maverick CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club Untitled

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
What I like best about this color is the rear bumper and the plastic part in front of the rear wheel blends in. It's made me rethink Cactus Gray and the other brighter colors where there is a heavy contrast and the back bumper looks bulky from the side.

Untitled.jpg
Yes, this is one of the reasons I went CG as well. Plus, my Ranger is CG and it really hides the dirt.

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
I ordered Carbonized Gray, because I like the color, and it was (in my opinion) the best color available for the First Edition. Others will have a different opinion, but everyone's taste is different.

Sponsored

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always have black vehicles. But I went with Carbonized Gray for my XLT Hybrid. Saw the color on a Mustang, and loved it. I also like that it is a Metallic paint. When the sun hits it in different directions/angles, you will get many shades with that paint...light and dark...Awesome color on a truck. Looked good on a Mustang as well...classes it up.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dammit...too many Carbonized Gray FEs here....🤣

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's just a retouch of what someone thinks CGM will look like, probably pretty close though.

The original pic from Ford is Hot Pepper Red.
1626976083137.png
Thanks for the clarification!

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I own a CGM vehicle and in most light, it does not look as dark as this one. But it's fairly close. It is probably the best representation of CGM that we have right now. Keep waiting for the real thing to drop. I'm pretty sure there is one out there somewhere. It's been photographed a time or two from a distance or in the background of other Mavs.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a CGM vehicle and in most light, it does not look as dark as this one. But it's fairly close. It is probably the best representation of CGM that we have right now. Keep waiting for the real thing to drop. I'm pretty sure there is one out there somewhere. It's been photographed a time or two from a distance or in the background of other Mavs.
I have wondered why there hasn't been an close up photos of CG other than the Ford stock photos!

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Same. I even put the call out to the guy who has been posting a lot of Maverick photos in the FB group and he hasn't come through with one yet.

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's just a retouch of what someone thinks CGM will look like, probably pretty close though.

The original pic from Ford is Hot Pepper Red.
1626976083137.png
Thought that was a FX4 on that CG with the tow hooks exposed. But no FX4 Decals on the tail end.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've checked out (up close and personal) a Carbonized Gray F150 at a local dealership so I could be sure of my choice. Maybe that would be an option for others here to get a good idea?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've checked out (up close and personal) a Carbonized Gray F150 at a local dealership so I could be sure of my choice. Maybe that would be an option for others here to get a good idea?
That's what I did when I was deciding on what color I wanted for my Maverick.
Sponsored