Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Awesome! Man, I don't care what it costs, I'm getting my hands on Lariat rims someday.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Transpression

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Last edited:

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I first saw the Maverick on YouTube, I was hell-bent on getting the Area 51 color, then backed off and decided Cactus Gray. After viewing a pie chart of color popularity on this website, I think I'm going to back off on those colors and go for Carbonized Gray instead. I'd just as soon not have a color that sticks out and gets peoples' attention. Having said that, Carbonized Gray is an AWESOME color, makes this truck look beefy, and goes very well with the XLT interior.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My current 2019 Tacoma is a very similar color (Cavalry Blue) to Ford’s Area 51. It behaves the same exact way going from shade to direct sunlight. It looks really good on the Tacoma (the only thing I like about it right now. Not a good experience, but that’s for a different discussion), reminded me of the colors from the old mid-late 80’s Toyota pick-ups of that era. Kind of like a “Carolina Blue”. I thought I would for sure choose it on the Maverick, but didn’t read as well for some reason.
Do tell! I REALLY wanted a Tacoma but couldn't justify the expenditure to get one. Ford gave me a more affordable option for my next purchase, so in the words of Eric Cartman from South Park, "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought hours off the truck. 10/21/21

F57F22F3-4A53-4306-A13B-9D25BE671B34.jpeg
I was able to view the XL EcoBoost version of the Maverick today in person, although I didn't get to drive it because it belonged to one of the service dept. guys. For those of us who opted to be in the Carbonized Gray Club, we should stand in a big circle and pat one another on the back for our choice. The Maverick presents VERY WELL in this color, and it's a sharp looking truck for being the entry level model. I wasn't sure what to expect seeing this truck in person...would it be too big, too small? The Maverick falls into that "just right" category in terms of truck size. I'll stand by my original statement on this forum of saying the gray made the truck look beefy. I was expecting little wimpy tires, but the steelies really do pull it off, and you can get different rims from the dealer once your truck arrives. Something to think about. I also like the darker interior of the XL over the XLT/Lariat models (though I didn't get to see either of those in person.) The seats are a dark gray, almost black, and the interior seems a bit darker blue with dark gray accents where all the plastic is. The XL is a solid choice!!

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m in the club as of today. Found locally at MSRP not market adjustment. Couldn’t wait any longer for a build date.

Ford Maverick CARBONIZED GRAY Maverick Photos / Club 71C5A390-259A-4441-AF38-C2EC1676DC5E
Sponsored